I’d like to say hello to the fiverr community. I’m new here, and just started my first gig in logo design.
For now, I’d like to share some things with the community that I’ve learned during my time designing logos. Many of you know these things, but reminders are always helpful.
- Before you design, be sure you know the target audience. This allows the logo to be designed with the right people in mind. Typically, I will spend at least an hour doing research on the company and it’s competition so how for it to stand apart while identifying it’s target audience.
- Always sketch first. This will allow the ideas to flow better, and you won’t waste time digitizing a bad concept.
- Use appropriate font. It is playful? Sans Serif or Serif? Bold? Also, make sure that your typography is good. There is no harm in editing current font to create a better, cleaner look.
- Make sure the text balances with the logo if it’s a detachable logo. You want them to compete for attention, not to hide the text or the design.
- Reduction. Only design what you need, don’t go overboard on adding elements.
- Get the colors right. It’s important to design in black in white, so as to ensure media flexibility and boldness. you don’t want to lean on color for an effect. However, getting the colors correct is just as important. Colors dictate mood and emotion, so it’s important to get the right ones.
I hope this adds some tips to your knowledge data base. Have a nice day!