Fiverr Community Forum

LOL! I had my gig description stolen

I never understood why anyone who claims to be a writer would steal someone else’s gig description. If you are a writer, WRITE YOUR OWN!

My Vegan gig description:

I have been plant-based for about 3 years now, either as a vegetarian or a vegan, or at the very least flexitarian. In that time, I have researched a lot of topics and wrote tons of news and reviews regarding veganism and the plant-based lifestyle.

I can write:

News Articles
Research
Opinion Pieces
Dietary and Fitness advice
And the health effects of certain plant-foods, like Spirulina.
Etc

and someone else:

My name is Crystal, I have been plant-based for about 6 years to now, either as a vegetarian or a vegan, or at the very least flexitarian. In that time, I have researched a lot of topics and wrote tons of news and reviews regarding veganism and the plant-based lifestyle aspects.

Here is particular area that I can handle very well:

News Articles
Research
Opinion Pieces
Dietary and Fitness advice
And the health effects of certain plant-foods, like Spirulina.
Etc

5 Likes

Its getting vicious out there. The zombies are starting to take over!

3 Likes

Because there’s a difference between claiming to be a writer and actually being one.

7 Likes

The same person:

I’ll research and write a 500 word high quality article for you. I’m a professional writer, copywriter, editor, blogger with over 7 years experience.

Another seller

I’ll research and write a 500 word high quality article for you. I’m a professional writer, copywriter, editor, blogger with over 9 years expertise,

Yet another seller:

I’ll research and write a 500 word high quality article for you. I’m a professional writer, copywriter, editor, blogger with over 5 years expertise,

And yet another seller:

I’ll research and write a 500-word high-quality article for you. I’m a professional writer, copywriter, editor, blogger with over 8 years expertise,

A completely different website:

I’ll research and write a 500 word high quality article for you. I’m a professional writer, copywriter, editor, blogger with over 3 years expertise

At least don’t steal from people who are already stealing content…

2 Likes

Best quotes to date:

I *******, will craft you a powerful and compelling narrative of 500 words or more that thrills living readers

As opposed to the dead ones? There’s your zombies @topned

don’t worry anymore I will assist you?

Question mark?

Do you know a poorly written article can mess up your Google Rankings?..Hire me. I rewrite article

Just one article?

As a veterinarian with over 7 years of experience

I have over 8 years experience in the banking industry

I have wide range of over 7 years experience in writing technical and software package content.

I have been plant-based for about 6 years to now

I’m a professional writer, copywriter, editor, blogger with over 7 years experience.

Gurl, when do you have TIME!?

6 Likes

What can I say? Zombies love living flesh :sweat_smile::rofl:

1 Like

Report report report report!

…but I guess all Fiverr will do is just delete that gig and that’s it.
Maybe in your letter to CS you can try adding that you want the person’s whole account
to be deleted since Fiverr is supposed to be a professional place…
but I guess I’m asking for too much.

Are you going to send this copycat a message?

Nah, because they can’t write well, so they probably don’t understand English

I just told them to tell the person to rewrite their description.

I was one of the first female voice over people on fiverr years ago — I’ve had my TITLES and descriptions stolen so many times, I don’t even check anymore. I just got used to it and rolled my eyes and moved on.

People do it all the time. It’s such a bad practice… I’m sorry it has happened to you, too!

3 Likes

I’ve actually been wondering if people have been doing this to me. How do I check? I’m almost afraid because if I find it, I won’t know what steps to take. I’m going to contact them for sure (personality flaw), but the anger I’ll feel… Oh, my goodness. Copyscape? Is that how we’re checking?

1 Like

Highlight a couple of sentences, right-click on it, and click on Search Google for “highlighted text”.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check now. Hoping for the best.

2 Likes

Well, this person appears to have been a vegan for twice as long as you have, so there’s that…

…seriously though, this is shameful.

1 Like

Can fiverr support do anything about this? even if it is only in fiverr.
They could check who wrote first and… well, I don’t know, maybe, send a warning to the other seller???

Sophia isn’t that advanced yet. Her AI is capable of sequencing a dinosaur genome while thrashing Stephen Hawking at chess. At present, though, she doesn’t have fingers with which to carry out investigative searches in the Fiverr search bar.

Maybe one day