Looking to write an awesome buyer request offer? Here's a list of relevant forum posts

hanshuber16

Hello Fiverr-ites,

I see many sellers on the forum who are either:

• unsure about why they are not getting orders despite “regularly” sending buyer request offers, or

• unsure of how to write an excellent buyer request offer.

Therefore, I thought I would compile a list of a few forum posts about this very topic so that this post could possibly serve as a repository of relevant information for sellers.

Before I begin with the list though, I thought I’d point out a thing or two about the buyer request offers.

it is not about how “regularly” one sends offers in response to buyer requests… Rather, it is about the quality of each of those buyer request offers sent.

Sending even 10 very well crafted buyer request offers could net sellers more orders than “regularly” sending 100s of buyer request offers of sub-par quality.

Finally, here’s the list-

I wish more qualified sellers would bid on Buyer’s Request. I wish 5r would let me select the level of seller I want. I’m sick and tired of reading canned responses. I’m sick and tired of reading one sentence bids. I’m sick and tired of writers with grammar errors bidding. I’m sick and tired of proofreaders, who misspell “proofread” bidding. I’m sick of reading 3 paragraphs of a seller’s credentials (canned response - full of grammar errors) instead of them adddressing my needs. Fact 1: B…
With thousands of sellers competing for jobs and perhaps twenty or more bidding on the same job, how do you make your bid stand out from the rest? The fact is that each buyer is as different as each seller is, so there really isn’t a “magic formula” that works for every request. There are, however, some important steps you can take to increase the chances that a prospective buyer will consider your bid seriously. Here are ten simple tips for writing an buyer request: Read the project descrip…
If you don’t get 10 buyer requests a day, then market your gigs Keep your texts spaced, don’t write stories, most people are busy, they bother to read it.Tell your buyer what you offer different in your gigOffer some extraGive him time constraint, the time limit within which you will complete the job, they like it so muchKeep your buyer requests short, this will make them read it, I’d refuse if the seller would write 100 lines of textTry to use bullets and numbering while sending buyer re…
You should not save a message and send It to all requests, this way does not make your proposal chosen by sellers. Your proposal message depends on the request you’re applying, so you should first read the request carefully then write your proposal telling the buyer that you’ve read his request and undrstood what exactly he/she needs, then tell him/her what you’ll do and what time It takes to deliver. As simple as you drink water slight_smile
How to write buyer request! First welcome your client with greetings Like ,Hello Hope you are doing good or doing well Try to explain the things you will do for client according to his provided details in the request. Add your portfolio Mention the ( Files Format ) you will provide to the client in the delivery Mention Delivery Time.

If you have any other relevant forum post that you think might make a wonderful addition to this list, please let me know and I’d be glad to append it.

Also, @zeus777, do you think creating a visual help guide on this topic would be a good “project” for you to work on (if at all you might find some spare time and/or motivation)? Your previous visual guide was awesome! I absolutely loved it!

I don’t regret creating that post, and heck, I can make a whole book about it.
Still though, I get the feeling it will never really help the people it was targeted towards:
the new sellers who are not getting selling sales because they simply are not doing
what they need to do.

I doubt those people who are desperate to get sales will want to
go through the trouble of reading everything up there. They will just wait around and
look for a post that will show them an easy way out.

True, there are some tips we can provide, we can give advice, but I get the feeling it’s more like common sense. I am aware of how condenscending I’m sounding here.
If I am offending anyone, I’m sorry.

Offering writing gigs when they don’t even know how to spell.
Saying they are experienced designers but they have low quality samples.
Offering a singing gig with no videos showing their abilities.
And they wonder why they are not getting orders.
I just don’t know what to say to those people.

Having that said, I did have a bit of a chat with another seller here about
creating more of those visual guides. (for my own personal fun, and maybe help
some people along the way)

Here’s Mike Sails, a college student who’s trying to make some extra money
on the side and his cat Buster.
Right now I’m a bit too busy, but I would like to work on this.

mixi1.jpg.fd48094fd45712bbc63cd8f2cbee4fd6.jpg

Hey, AJ! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

Thanks for putting this list together. 😎

I just read Gina’s post, my partna in crime brought back memories. She is an amazing woman and contributed so much to the Community. Gina, I doubt you’ll see this message; because you’ve moved on, but on the off chance that you do I miss you, dahling. ❤️

As for the topic at hand, many just want an easy way out. As in they want users to write up the requests for them and all the gotta do is copy & paste. DONE

Requests should always be tailor-made for the requester. Writing :pen: an offer should take less than 5-minutes tops. Read the request, in fact, read it a couple of times and put effort into writing a decent (proofread) offer. Running to the forum to get other users to do the work is not a good strategy.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m late on this, but what a wonderful curation! Great idea to share important information dn insights that is in such demand here.

Thanks guys. I am glad that y’all found the list helpful. Even if reading this helps just one person, I will feel like this thread served its purpose. 😊

@humanissocial Thanks. I had made this post at a time when the forum was flooded (more so than normal) with sellers advising newcomers to send BR offers “regularly.”

Most of them NEVER stressed on (or even mentioned) the importance of the quality of BR offers sent.

Although all I did was post links to a bunch of forum posts that were already written by other forum users (anyone could do that, right? :crazy_face:), I thought having links to a couple of forum topics on how to write BR offers (that I thought were very well-written/stood out for their quality) — all listed in one place/post would make it easier for sellers to access them and help improve the quality of their BR offers.

I am glad that this post is serving its intended purpose by helping sellers who want to genuinely improve their quality of BR offers. A special thanks goes out to those who wrote the original forum posts that are linked here in my original post. 😊

Thanks guys. I am glad that y’all found the list helpful. Even if reading this helps just one person, I will feel like this thread served its purpose. 😊

@humanissocial Thanks. I had made this post at a time when the forum was flooded (more so than normal) with sellers advising newcomers to send BR offers “regularly.”

Most of them NEVER stressed on (or even mentioned) the importance of the quality of BR offers sent.

Although all I did was post links to a bunch of forum posts that were already written by other forum users (anyone could do that, right? :crazy_face:), I thought having links to a couple of forum topics on how to write BR offers (that I thought were very well-written/stood out for their quality) — all listed in one place/post would make it easier for sellers to access them and help improve the quality of their BR offers.

I am glad that this post is serving its intended purpose by helping sellers who want to genuinely improve their quality of BR offers. A special thanks goes out to those who wrote the original forum posts that are linked here in my original post. 😊

hen the forum was flooded (more so than normal) with sellers advising newcomers to send BR offers “regularly.”

So well put. Most of the bad advice I see here emphasizes quantity over quality. We can curb this perception! I appreciate your work to achieve this.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived