Fiverr Forum

Looks Like I Have to Do Voice Overs Now

As an American, I just can’t devote the slave labor amount of time people want invested in graphic designs for $5. I’m sure as heck not going to do broadcast-grade videos for $5. If you’re American, you mush to voiceover work on Fiverr. Buyers want people who sound American in their videos and they can’t get that by outsourcing to India. There’s just no other way to make money here for us.

It’s not slave labor, it’s free labor, free people choosing what to do for $5+. Maybe not everyone makes $100,000 a year on Fiverr, I certainly don’t, but it has freed me from bosses, schedules, office politics, etc.

Fiverr is about speed, if you can’t create a logo in 5 to 15 minutes, then don’t sell that for $5 on Fiverr. Those that can, do, and they’re making the big bucks.

I do just fine as a designer on Fiverr. I know my limits and stand firm. If someone wants more, they can either pay me more or find someone else.

I agree! If it is so bad for you raise your prices! If you offer quality work clients will still book your gig!

You are a top rated seller. Of course you should not be doing $5 and slaving away at jobs, aren’t you leveraging all your gigs so you are doing higher amounts as a base?

jtengle said: I know my limits and stand firm. If someone wants more, they can either pay me more or find someone else.

I like that approach, it works better for some than others!