Fiverr Forum

Losing & Regaining Points: Rating - Losing Points

I’m not sure if the topic belongs to this category. If not, please feel free to move it to the correspong one :wink:

As everyone knows, the Forum is full of posts about users seeking advice on whether to cancel orders or not (which would most probably lead to a poor/bad rating) and users suggesting them what to do, disregarding special circumstances surrounding those who seek and normally encouraging into taking the bad review.

For this reason, I thought of writing something that might come in handy when coming across the unpleasant situation of having to decide whether to take a bad review/rating or to cancel and, although it will be useful for everyone, I did it specially thinking in all of us who have low amount of reviews as, when it comes to rating, we are the weakest part of the equation, so I hope you all find it helpful!

I’m not judging goodwilling users for advising others nor it is the purpose of this post - I myself have done it many times or explained the reasons for taking one way or the other. I just think it’s absolutely necessary for all of us to be able to decide for ourselves what’s the most convenient action in a given moment and to achieve this, knowledge is the only possible way, among other things, because knowledge means control. Thereby, having knowledge gives the advantage of being capable of taking action in advance and not at last minute where, perhaps, there would be little to do.

The threads (as there will be at least 3) are not aimed to tell sellers what to do; they are just intended to be an easy and understandable explanation - hopefully - on how to calculate the amount of orders needed to lose and/or to regain points of the most critical rates (Rating & Order Completion Rate).

There won’t be any difficult math associated. At the most, only 3 of the 4 basic arithmetic operations (addition, multiplication and division) will be involved, but please keep in mind that, as I don’t know neither Fiverr’s criteria for rounding up rates nor the amount of decimals used for calculations, numbers that will be given are rough and may vary - but not significantly - depending on each user’s particular case.

Things to be taken into account:

• Numbers are based assuming Fiverr rounds up with 0.055

• Although combination of ratings can also be made, each quick calculation value was determined taking into consideration only the specific rate as if it were the only one to impact the overall rating.

• Except for some cases, values are for losing 0.1 points of rating (whatever the amount) as it bounces down the hill 0.1 steps at a time. These values are shown in tables for convinience and are given as a percentage of the overall amount of reviews (whatever they are).

• As referred above, there are exceptions that will be treated distinctively. The reason being that as the minimum of possible orders is 1 (either you have it or you don’t), there are thresholds where, below them, the quick calculation values aren’t applicable due to the fact that rating collapses more steeply on those intervals with just 1 bad/poorly rated order (rating drop > 0.1 points). Beyond those points, the quick calculation values work for any given amount of overall reviews and can be applied directly.

Finding the amount of x * rated orders: How to use the tables

• Multiply your overall amount of reviews by the value shown on the respective table on which you’re looking for and divide it by 100. To avoid distortion due to approximation, values are not to be rounded up to the next integer (e.g., 350*0.062 = 21.7 => 21 orders rated 2.5).

• The maximum rating value on the tables to apply, will be limited to your actual rating - only orders rated below that value will make you lose points, otherwise, you’ll be gaining them (e.g., For an average rating of 4.7 you can look to values rated up to 4.6 and if the average rating is 3.3, only values rated up to 3.2 will apply).

• For those specific thresholds previously mentioned, the determined values will be given within each analyzed case and as nominal rating point loss.

1 * Rating / Review

General quick calculation table

rating

Exception: Interval [1, 27] of overall amount of reviews

For rate = 1, just 1 order will reduce rating points according to the following table:

rating

For 1 < rate < 2, just 1 rated order will make for the loss of 0.1 points of rating according to the following table. Values are the least amount of overall reviews from which it happens. Below them, points will be lost more or less as the above table. For higher values of amount of reviews than the given, please use general quick calculation table.

Note: For 27 lifetime reviews, 1 order rated 1 will drop the rating by 0.1 points.

rating

2 * Rating / Review

rating

Exception: Interval [1, 20] of overall amount of reviews

For rate = 2, just 1 order will reduce rating points according to the following table:

rating

For 2 < rate < 3, just 1 rated order will make for the loss of 0.1 points of rating according to the following table. Values are the least amount of overall reviews from which it happens. Below them, points will be lost more or less as the above table. For higher values of amount of reviews than the given, please use general quick calculation table.

Note: For 20 lifetime reviews, 1 order rated 2 will drop the rating by 0.1 points.

rating

3 * Rating / Review

rating

Exception: Interval [1, 13] of overall amount of reviews

For rate = 3, just 1 order will reduce rating points according to the following table:

rating

For 3 < rate < 4, just 1 rated order will make for the loss of 0.1 points of rating according to the following table. Values are the least amount of overall reviews from which it happens. Below them, points will be lost more or less as the above table. For higher values of amount of reviews than the given, please use general quick calculation table.

Note: For 13 lifetime reviews, 1 order rated 3 will drop the rating by 0.1 points.

rating

4 * Rating / Review

rating

Exception: Interval [1, 6] of overall amount of reviews

For rate = 4, just 1 order will reduce rating points according to the following table:

rating

For 3 < rate < 4, just 1 rated order will make for the loss of 0.1 points of rating according to the following table. Values are the least amount of overall reviews from which it happens. Below them, points will be lost more or less as the above table. For higher values of amount of reviews than the given, please use general quick calculation table.

Note: For 6 lifetime reviews, 1 order rated 4 will drop the rating by 0.1 points.

rating

HAVE FUN !!! :smiley: :wink:

Add: Edited to correct “general quick calculation table” as I wrote it incorrectly.

Can someone help me about rating procedure in fiverr?

I love how you added a mathematical twist to the problem’s solution…

That’s a great explanation for all newbies!

I’m not sure if I missed it but just in case I also want to add if I may that for the evaluations on the 15th of each month they take your rating only for the past 60 days. That means that I’d you had bad rating more than 60 days ago it wouldn’t go to your evaluation. (However If people still read reviews on your profile then they will see it)

Thanks! :wink:

Many times it’s easier to speak through numbers instead of words… Words take too long to get to the point :persevere: :sweat_smile:

True…

Well, not only for them but for everybody. There are sellers that due to the nature of their service have low amount of orders, hence, even lower amount of reviews as not all buyers leave reviews.

Rating is lifetime, it doesn’t dissapear after 60 days. Being so, The specific rating anyone has when evaluation date comes in, is the one that Fiverr will take into account. In other words, what every seller needs, is to at least maintain their current level within a 60 day time period, to ensure not being demoted on evaluation day. If their rating dropped during that span, they must rise it before ED. Next post will deal on regaining rating points.