Lost my level(s) [ARCHIVED]

commentzine

I’m pretty sure I’m the first one here on Fiverr forum who lost his level(s). I was a level 2 status with 100% ratings, over 100 completed orders (not one negative feedback). And than I received a message from Fiverr that, and I quote: “…based on your recent activity, it seems that your account no longer meets the minimal requirements for the Level Two status.” A second later I got another message saying that: “based on your recent activity, it seems that your account no longer meets the minimal requirements for the Level One status”.

No explanation… Nothing. I have contacted the support and it seems that the main reason my Level status was removed was because “you have had an increased in cancelled orders which caused your Level to be removed”. It’s true that I had to request a cancellation for two gigs yesterday as buyers completely misunderstood my gig and asked me to do things I never mentioned in the gig description - things I don’t even know how to do. Both buyers accepted the cancellation request (did I mention I was perfectly polite when I asked them for cancellation?). I have nothing against ‘custom’ gigs. I have completed quite a few custom gigs - people even paid me $80 (so that’s like 16 gigs) at once to do some custom work for them. And I did! But if you want a custom job done shouldn’t you ask me first whether I can, i.e. know how to do it?

So, in other words, I was punished because couple of buyers didn’t want to read my gig title & description and giged me (without contacting me first) to do things I never promised to do.

Now Fiverr support suggest me to be a good boy in the future and that my account “MAY” become eligible for level status again. In other words, no matter how much I try I’ll end up loosing my level status again (if I ever manage to get it back) because there are always going to be buyers who are going to expect miracles from me.

Come to think that I wanted to post my first Fiverr forum thread about getting a Fiverr MasterCard…

p.s. To add a salt to the injury - I’m supposed to finish a gig within few hours and the buyer didn’t provided me the info I need. Do I request a cancellation, or not… Now is the question. LOL

My friend i am in the exact same situation. Fiverr needs to do something about it.

Buyers just dont like to read anything. Its like they are trigger happy and just click buy!

I am lost for words as well, i been begging all day today for them to submit information.

Unbelievable.

“I’m pretty sure I’m the first one here on Fiverr forum who lost his level(s).” Sadly, there have been several sellers on Fiverr who have lost their levels, I’ve seen a few posts in the forums about this.

Your situation is a bit different than what I normally read though. Most of the time, sellers lose their levels due to a negative feedback.

I really hate this is happening to you, you’re right… it’s not fair. But, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it. Only the Fiverr admins have control over this, and it doesn’t sound like they are willing to change it to make it more fair.

Guest integritymedia

"I have contacted the support and it seems that the main reason my Level status was removed was because “you have had an increased in cancelled orders which caused your Level to be removed”. It’s true that I had to request a cancellation for two gigs yesterday as buyers completely misunderstood my gig and asked me to do things I never mentioned in the gig description - things I don’t even know how to do. Both buyers accepted the cancellation request (did I mention I was perfectly polite when I asked them for cancellation?)."

I think Fiverr’s automatic system is programmed to pick up certain variables, and punish or reward sellers. It’s even possible that you lost levels without a human being ever evaluating your account. When you then contacted customer service, they could see you lost your levels for excessive cancellations, and conveyed that to you. If you request, they may be able to look at your account to see if it qualifies for an exception. Did you explain to them the reason for cancellation in both cases was that the buyers "asked me to do things I never mentioned in the gig description?"

I would write them again. Explain the reason you’re writing is that you’ve been unfairly demoted from Level 2. That the reason provided was for cancelling gigs. Let them know the gig cancellation was not your fault, it was because the buyers were requesting something you weren’t offering. Invite them to check the back and forth messages with your customers for verification. It’s worth a try.

It might be better to ask the buyers to initiate cancellations in the future? I haven’t yet had to cancel a gig, but I think they can click on problem with order, and select the one for mutual cancellation. You could politely ask them to do so, to get the money refunded back to their Fiverr account. > If I’m wrong on this last part, anyone here can feel free to correct me.

I have contacted support about order cancellations and they say that it doesn’t matter the reason for cancellation. Any cancellation has a negative affect no matter what the circumstances. It goes by a percentage of cancellations to orders. I’m not sure what the percentage is but if you are a newer seller with fewer orders, it wouldn’t take too many cancellations to make that a high percentage.

I agree that it’s unfair. I have completed 1,284 order and I have 104 cancelled orders and not a single one of them was my fault. Most of them are from people ordering and then never leaving instructions no matter how many messages you send them and ask them to complete the order process. Sometime people just click the order button by accident while they are looking at your gig. (I have actually done that myself and then just kept the order so as not to have it reflect negatively on the sellers status) There are several others that just don’t read the description or the gig extras. They order a $5 dollar gig and then ask you to do things you don’t offer or they send instructions for a $50 gig and when you point out to them that what they want goes beyond what you are offering for $5 they would rather cancel than pay more than 5 buck for 6 hours of your time.

I often try to make compromises on the price or offer other suggestions of what I would be willing to do for the amount they have paid before cancelling just to keep that ratio as low as possible.

I’m just sayin, I feel your pain. I haven’t lost my levels but, I work very hard and bend over backwards for my buyers in every way shape and form. I am worried that with no way to categorize cancellations and making them all have a negative affect no matter what, I may NEVER get to Top Rated seller status.

That is very strange if Fiverr considers mutual cancellation as a bad thing! Few times I placed an order by mistake, while surfing profile I occasionally clicked on Order button and since it was a seller I never worked with before my order was immediately placed. (Actually it happened just an hour ago). The seller was kind enough to offer me a mutual cancellation in less than 15 minutes, now I am not sure if that may result in some problems to his status. Really it shouldn’t be since it was completely my fault!

Guest tn5rr2012

In my honest opinion I don’t think cancellations should matter for this one very reason, Fiverr still has the monies. I had this happen with my family tree gig in the very beginining of my career with Fiverr. Cancellations do not reflect that the buyer gets their money back into their bank acct what it reflects is that Fiverr still has it in their pockets to be used elsewhere on the Fiverr website, so it is a win win situation for Fiverr. I stopped trying to understand the inner components of Fiverr a long time ago and walk on eggshells when it comes to any cancellations (which I try not to do)

I mentioned to support a while ago Ang as I placed an order with a seller by accident. Hopefully they will implement an “are you sure” pop up. In my case the seller would not mutually cancel the order and expected me to continue with his gig. Customer support to the rescue but it went on my numbers. I’m being extremely careful with cancellations now a days

I was in the same boat yesterday and with the way things are looking, it might happen today as well.

I sure do hope that they change or do something about the system. Totally unfair for the sellers, and just like @tn5rr2012 said.

I am walking on egg shells.

I contacted Customer Support as well, but its the same answer and same situation as you guys.

I strongly believe all sellers are walking on thin ice and there is nothing we can do about it, rather then wait.

Guest lisha5684

I always thought that mutually cancelled orders were fine. Especially when it’s the fault of the buyer for not reading the gig title, description and instructions.

That should definitely be changed.

Today a buyer mutually cancelled a gig of mine because they said I wasn’t answering their question (a question they didn’t ever ask neither in the order page, or in my inbox), I have yet to understand what they were so upset about. And my problem with them was that they weren’t giving me the details I needed from instructions. So why are sellers penalized for what buyers do?

This should definitely be changed.

I repeat: THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I have lost my level 2 status two times in less than six months. it’s an algorithm that Fiverr has. if you have less than a certain amount of sales or if you get too many cancels…boom you lose your level. But, I manage to get out of the slump within a week to 2 weeks time. Don’t worry everything will be A-ok. Hey I think your gig is really nice. Get a hold of me I think you would be a nice addition to my blog. I need a really good SEO person for my site.

thanks,

Josh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest riteshfreelence

Sir i was First Level in morning but now when i open fiverr then my level is nothing now its down. Why that is happened? please reply

Guest gangnampsy

I think this is really bad, because if a seller has already offered cancellation within 6 to 12 hours of getting the order then it means the seller is very much dedicated. I think fiverr will think about it.

I have had my status taken away from me twice without doing anything. My gig requires information from the buyer before I can complete it. Sometimes the buyer doesn’t realize it or they aren’t ready to submit details so they just don’t do anything. I contact the buyers over the course of a week but sometimes they still don’t respond. I used to leave them in the queue and then after a few months I would contact Fiverr support to have them removed. The first time I had to do this I asked the support person if it would count against me and I was told “no.” A few months ago, I did a sweep of 3 or 4 at one time - after 2 months of them sitting in the queue. I received two emails stating I had lost my status and I would have to work to get it back. I immediately contacted support. They fixed it within a few days but then it happened again two days later. I was told it is an automatic thing done by the “system” they have in place. I wish they would implement an automatic drop off for those buyers who buy and never come back. It would make things a lot easier for me.

There is always Bound to be an error in whatever we Humans invent.

Fiverr is one of my assertions.

But does that make the platform culpable?

Never.

Just like in fragglesrock, you need to know your strength and use stop loss so also on here, you need to use EXTRA STOP LOSS IN YOUR GIG DESCRIPTION by telling Buyers to Contact you if they do not understand what they have read and as well offer BONUS.

More to that, from my personal experience, buyers will be tolerant with you if you let them realize that mutually cancelling an order will affect your HARD EARNED STATUS if you accept there cancellation. Just offer them a replacement Gig with an extra SUPER BONUS to make them reason more with you. I have been able to successfully made my buyers to keep there order with me when I utilized the strategy I stated above.

Now the main issue: Fiverr provide this great platform for us all and makes it money from our WELL completed Gigs ordered by satisfied customers.

When a seller got too much order cancelled, Fiverr see such seller as an in-experienced Seller who is creating Imbalances in Fiverr Transaction System.

Think about Fiverr as a Man whom you have agreed to pay a $1 commission out of the $5 you will receive from any customer he gets for you. Now if you were in that Man’s (Fiverr) shoes, will you give a great regard to a Seller that most time do make you have to return your commission back to a Buyer because of the ineffieincies in the Seller’s Package deliveries?

I have in the past made Fiverr to return it commission to the buyers he provided for me and I got demoted. But when I think about the issue in reality, I accepted Fiverr’s Decission and work on my Gigs. Afterwards, I got Promoted from Level Zero which I was Demoted to to Level 2 directly again.

Do try to understand facts of life, utilize them well and Nature will be Good to You!

Up Fiverr!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest traceyfisher

I am new and just reached level 1. I have had mutual cancellations that did not stop me from earning the level 1 status.

I had sent a ticket to fiverr customer support, and the following was sent:

“Hi there

Thanks for your message. Mutual cancellations do not have any impact on users rating or account :)”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived