Fiverr Forum

Lost Sales Due to Lack of Integrated Communication Options

If I’m being honest, I can count on one hand (with fingers to spare) the number of times that speaking face to face did me even as much good (nevermind more good) than a well thought out email.

For some clients though, speaking face to face just seems to them like it would be more efficient, even though it rarely ever is.

2 Likes

That’s a great point. It can be the impression of value that prompts a Buyer to pursue a Seller. But, as you say, it’s of no value to the Seller. Even if it does make that particular sale more likely, the amount of time and energy you spend on a video chat negates the cost of the order and these Buyers are also likely to be difficult to work with.

2 Likes

I’m pleased I’m not the only one who has come to this conclusion. My overall experience is that the better the client, the less communication they need. The more picker and more hard to please the client (usually, because they don’t know what they want), the more communication they need.

There is also a security risk. In the past, clients who wanted voice chats, etc, wanted to chat via that S platform which rhyms with hype. Doing that meant handing over your contact details.

Now a lot of people want to communicate via apps linked directly to your phone number or email. This means blindly sharing a lot of personal information with complete strangers online.

3 Likes

Definitely.

One of the reasons to use Fiverr is to PREVENT those kinds of things from happening. We give a 20% cut, so we may as well use it to protect ourselves.

1 Like

There are so many nice clients out there who are a joy to work with, why try to cater to those who insist on chatting live with you? These are extremely difficult to please people.

This would be the type I would weed out and not want to deal with.

3 Likes