Lost the PRO Badge

vicasso

Question

why should demotion from TRS be automatic?

I don’t think it is. I think they weigh everything over the history of the seller. If there is something seriously wrong, or there is a pattern of something like lateness, that’s going to demote the seller. If there is a temporary change, but a pattern of excellence over time, that’s going to be taken into account. I really don’t think fiverr is totally unreasonable. I’ve noticed a basic fairness in most of the interactions I’ve had.

I think it’s automatic (demotion from TRS) because my success manager never even bothered to talk to me. The fact is that Fiverr always blames the seller, rarely the buyer. It’s like working at McDonalds, a customer throws a milkshake on your face, and the manager screams at you because now your uniform is dirty. In every industry, there are psycho customers, but not every industry punishes their best workers, in fact, few do.

I agree completely. If becoming a TRS isn’t automatic, why should demotion from TRS be automatic? It’s just wrong to do that.

Same goes for me being forced to pause 4 gigs just because I was demoted to level 1. Why am I being punished for cancellations? It’s not like I wanted those cancellations, it’s not like I’m offering satisfaction guaranteed or your money back?

Oh well, it doesn’t matter what we thing. Remember it’s all about King Buyer. If he orders by mistake, it’s your fault. If he’s not satisfied after 5 revisions, it’s your fault. It’s always your fault no matter what.

I don’t think it is. I think they weigh everything over the history of the seller. If there is something seriously wrong, or there is a pattern of something like lateness, that’s going to demote the seller. If there is a temporary change, but a pattern of excellence over time, that’s going to be taken into account. I really don’t think fiverr is totally unreasonable. I’ve noticed a basic fairness in most of the interactions I’ve had.

Just one extra cancellation can demote you. That is just automatic and they don’t do anything manually regarding the demotion process

I feel you guys. It’s painful to be demoted like that over cancellations.

I lost my level 2 because an old client stole my money back from two orders I did back in September. Ofc the buyer is banned now, but I lost money and my level. Because someone considered is OK to steal money from people that worked for you. And ofc Fiverr considers is OK for the seller to suffer even more consequences when someone steals from them. So, yaay! Fiverr FTW 👍

So what is a success manager telling you exactly? Tips on how to make your gigs better? It would be awesome i you could share something!

I think they make suggestions and sometimes give explanations for things. Before we had the analytics page we now have they would sometimes for some clients share that information to help them better measure their progress, or so I heard. I’ve never had one.

So what is a success manager telling you exactly? Tips on how to make your gigs better? It would be awesome i you could share something!

They are making some suggestions but most of the sellers who get assigned a SM, already have a solid plan in place and great knowledge of their market so more often than not those suggestions are underwhelming and generic.

The SM is great because it’s like a person who is assigned to your account and they can be reached at any time for anything, contrary to what happens when you submit a ticket to CS.

At least that’s my experience.

I’ve had a SM from day one, before the Pro badge was a thing.

Back then we used to get a personalized report at the end of every month with some cool metrics. But they stopped doing that 6-7 months in.

Now a SM is there to ping you when something comes up and they usually try to schedule a call with you around once each quarter to fiscuss “strategy “ or answer questions

I think it’s automatic (demotion from TRS) because my success manager never even bothered to talk to me. The fact is that Fiverr always blames the seller, rarely the buyer. It’s like working at McDonalds, a customer throws a milkshake on your face, and the manager screams at you because now your uniform is dirty. In every industry, there are psycho customers, but not every industry punishes their best workers, in fact, few do.

The fact is that Fiverr always blames the seller, rarely the buyer. It’s like working at McDonalds, a customer throws a milkshake on your face, and the manager screams at you because now your uniform is dirty.

This example just doesn’t hold any water for me. I don’t know any store/restaurant manager who is going to immediately jump to this line of reasoning. Just as it doesn’t really fit Fiverr either. I’ve been here a long time… Fiverr does not, “always blame the seller”. I’ve seen countless cases where the buyer was at fault, and the buyer suffered the consequences of their actions.

Let’s not demonize Fiverr. They aren’t perfect, but I do believe they do their best to be impartial based upon the evidence available to them.

Thank you guys for understanding me!
I feel good while reading your feedback and support.

Here is the reason, why and how this happened:
I had a chat fight with a buyer, who ordered one design. I created the flyer and showed him. He asked for the refund without giving any feedback or revision. I was like shocked, bcoz I never had this kind of situation.
I proposed another design to him, but he was like “I need my refund bcoz designs are not good.”

I thought to use my seller rights and complain about him to my success manager. I was hoping my sided answer bcoz I was **** correct in the process and communication.
But I shocked when my Success Manager said: “We will give you partially pay for this work, and terminating your PRO badge bcoz the buyer is very frustrated.”
That’s it!

From that day, I tried to explain my manager, Promised not to complain again, etc; but haven’t got any reply.
I cannot blame Fiverr only, bcoz I found my rating 4.7 and 85% Order Completion Rate. But who cares why this happened.

So what I learn from this?
CHOOSE YOUR CLIENT WISELY!

If you choose bad clients, they will ruin your profile. I do not want to specify the type of clients and their location, but trust me, it matters.

Again, Thank you so much all of you to understand me. I’ll try my best to get the badge back and update you!
Wish me “Good Luck.”

Cheers!
Vicasso

Mod Note: Edited for language.

Thank you guys for understanding me!

I feel good while reading your feedback and support.

Here is the reason, why and how this happened:

I had a chat fight with a buyer, who ordered one design. I created the flyer and showed him. He asked for the refund without giving any feedback or revision. I was like shocked, bcoz I never had this kind of situation.

I proposed another design to him, but he was like “I need my refund bcoz designs are not good.”

I thought to use my seller rights and complain about him to my success manager. I was hoping my sided answer bcoz I was **** correct in the process and communication.

But I shocked when my Success Manager said: “We will give you partially pay for this work, and terminating your PRO badge bcoz the buyer is very frustrated.”

That’s it!

From that day, I tried to explain my manager, Promised not to complain again, etc; but haven’t got any reply.

I cannot blame Fiverr only, bcoz I found my rating 4.7 and 85% Order Completion Rate. But who cares why this happened.

So what I learn from this?

CHOOSE YOUR CLIENT WISELY!

If you choose bad clients, they will ruin your profile. I do not want to specify the type of clients and their location, but trust me, it matters.

Again, Thank you so much all of you to understand me. I’ll try my best to get the badge back and update you!

Wish me “Good Luck.”

Cheers!

Vicasso

Mod Note: Edited for language.

I found my rating 4.7 and 85% Order Completion Rate.

This probably had a lot to do with it. They don’t usually go into details in situations like this, to avoid arguments. Also I’m not sure how you handled the communications with the buyer. I don’t believe one frustrated buyer would be enough to do this. I think they look at the entire work history.

Anyway I’m so sorry about this! I know it must be a painful experience.

The fact is that Fiverr always blames the seller, rarely the buyer. It’s like working at McDonalds, a customer throws a milkshake on your face, and the manager screams at you because now your uniform is dirty.

This example just doesn’t hold any water for me. I don’t know any store/restaurant manager who is going to immediately jump to this line of reasoning. Just as it doesn’t really fit Fiverr either. I’ve been here a long time… Fiverr does not, “always blame the seller”. I’ve seen countless cases where the buyer was at fault, and the buyer suffered the consequences of their actions.

Let’s not demonize Fiverr. They aren’t perfect, but I do believe they do their best to be impartial based upon the evidence available to them.

I have never had Fiverr ruled in my favor whenever there’s a dispute with the buyer. The most they can do is force a refund when the buyer doesn’t want to accept a refund.

I had to change 0 revisions to 1 revision because buyers can click “modification” even if you put 0 revisions.

I’m not demonizing Fiverr, just pointing out what isn’t working.

It may seem like I’m negative all the time, that’s not true. The other day I praised Fiverr for getting rid of the $1 PayPal withdrawal fee. While that fee didn’t bother me, it will help people who withdraw small quantities like $10, $20, $50. It also creates goodwill among the sellers.

See? I want more of that, I want the sellers to be respected, to be treated as the backbone of Fiverr, the ones that make millions of dollars for this site.

Right now, I don’t feel respected, I feel I’m taken for granted.

I have never had Fiverr ruled in my favor whenever there’s a dispute with the buyer. The most they can do is force a refund when the buyer doesn’t want to accept a refund.

I had to change 0 revisions to 1 revision because buyers can click “modification” even if you put 0 revisions.

I’m not demonizing Fiverr, just pointing out what isn’t working.

It may seem like I’m negative all the time, that’s not true. The other day I praised Fiverr for getting rid of the $1 PayPal withdrawal fee. While that fee didn’t bother me, it will help people who withdraw small quantities like $10, $20, $50. It also creates goodwill among the sellers.

See? I want more of that, I want the sellers to be respected, to be treated as the backbone of Fiverr, the ones that make millions of dollars for this site.

Right now, I don’t feel respected, I feel I’m taken for granted.

I have never had Fiverr ruled in my favor whenever there’s a dispute with the buyer.

I’ve never had them not rule in my favor. I don’t often hear of a real dispute though. The only one I remember was that guy who immediately wanted a refund for a bogus reason and they refused to give him a refund, as did I.

I have never had Fiverr ruled in my favor whenever there’s a dispute with the buyer.

I’ve never had them not rule in my favor. I don’t often hear of a real dispute though. The only one I remember was that guy who immediately wanted a refund for a bogus reason and they refused to give him a refund, as did I.

Well, I’m happy things worked out for you. So what happened? Did Fiverr completed the order? Did the buyer do a PayPal chargeback?

I agree completely. If becoming a TRS isn’t automatic, why should demotion from TRS be automatic? It’s just wrong to do that.

Same goes for me being forced to pause 4 gigs just because I was demoted to level 1. Why am I being punished for cancellations? It’s not like I wanted those cancellations, it’s not like I’m offering satisfaction guaranteed or your money back?

Oh well, it doesn’t matter what we thing. Remember it’s all about King Buyer. If he orders by mistake, it’s your fault. If he’s not satisfied after 5 revisions, it’s your fault. It’s always your fault no matter what.

I was demoted to level 1

I also lost my level 2 badge long time ago. I hope to get it back sometimes next year.

I was demoted to level 1

I also lost my level 2 badge long time ago. I hope to get it back sometimes next year.

Check your analytics page, when nothing is in the red, you’ll get back your level 2 (on evaluation day).

Also, remember to block any buyer that demands a refund. Right now I’m dealing with a woman who had ordered 7 times, two of her orders have resulted in refunds.

Since Fiverr punishes us for refunds, I can’t afford to take my chances with her. So if you have clients like that, click their name, then click “block.”

You’ve been here since 2014 so I assume you applied for the PRO badge.

You can apply again or contact customer service and they will tell you if and how you get it.

I’ve been looking at your gigs. I’m seeing ratings of 4.6, 4.7, and your most expensive gig has only 1 review, and a 1.0 rating.

Your cheapest gig, $40, has a perfect 5.0. So it’s clear to me that having higher prices might be hurting you, people expect a lot more when they pay a lot more.

I’m not saying it’s your fault, I’m looking at your portfolio pieces and they’re really beautiful.

I can only speculate that you lost your badge because Fiverr expects a lot more from PRO sellers, than even TRS’s.

You can apply again or contact customer service and they will tell you if and how you get it.

I doubt that. Very few ex-TRS’s have gotten their TRS back, so why should it be easier for PRO’s? PRO’s are the elite of Fiverr, the ultimate VIP room, the cream of the crop. Imagine the expectations Fiverr has of them.

Archived