Lots of spam messages/inboxes?

flrdrgerp

I’ve gotten probably five or six messages for people offering me like $200 to sign up for a website for them. Every message I get is one of them. They always ask to talk on ■■■■■ or google hangouts. Is there anyway to filter these coming through or anything to do about it? I so far haven’t gotten a single actual gig, only these messages from users.

• Like 6

You can’t do more than hit the report/spam button and hope they’ll eventually run out of spoofed IPs, MACs and such, or realize they are wasting their time because nobody falls prey to their scheme.
Personally, I only report after sending a brief reply because I don’t trust the “this won’t affect your response rate” statement after the experience that it did.

You should get less of these, the longer you are here, as the spammers and scammers usually focus on newer sellers.

• Like 8

You can’t do more than hit the report/spam button and hope they’ll eventually run out of spoofed IPs, MACs and such, or realize they are wasting their time because nobody falls prey to their scheme.

Personally, I only report after sending a brief reply because I don’t trust the “this won’t affect your response rate” statement after the experience that it did.

You should get less of these, the longer you are here, as the spammers and scammers usually focus on newer sellers.

I don’t trust the “this won’t affect your response rate” statement

Actually, with my experience, it actually does not affect the response rate.

This is very true, spammers always try with newly joined sellers who don’t know how the site works. I saw some newbies done some jobs for buyers without even getting an actual order which is unfortunate.

Sellers on Fiverr must read the ToS before they start working on the platform.

• Like 7

I also had 2 spammers. One attached a .docx file, and the second one .pdf file, probably with some virus. Fiverr automatically blocked them. It’s important not to click on these files. This is what posted the second one, I took a screenshot. **************.

Mod Note: Screenshot removed. Please remove the username before reposting.

• Like 6

• 2 years later...
On 10/21/2019 at 10:58 PM, helloscoopz said:

, with my experience, it does not affect the response rate.

This is very true, spammers try with newly joined sellers who don’t know how the site works. I saw some newbies done some jobs for buyers without even getting an actual order which is unfortunate.

Sellers on Fiverr must read the ToS before they start working on the platform.

Thank you so much, I didn't understand why I am getting loooots of messages from people telling me that i have to reach someone on telegram and that stuff. I'm tired haha I just want to work and get real buyers 

• Like 7