Low sales since Mid of February

salehayat

On 3/11/2018 at 6:13 PM, salehayat said:

P.S: I optimized my gigs and tried everything but all in vain 😦

If you haven’t marketed and promote your gigs, that you haven’t “tried everything”. What are you doing to bring in your own customers?

P.S: I optimized my gigs and tried everything but all in vain 😦

If you haven’t marketed and promote your gigs, that you haven’t “tried everything”. What are you doing to bring in your own customers?

I am waiting for miracle to happen and my gig appears on first page! 😛 I am not marketing at all.

I am waiting for miracle to happen and my gig appears on first page! 😛 I am not marketing at all.

Well then… I cannot help you. I cannot help someone who is not willing to help themselves.

I cannot say it’s useless to marketing yourself to get sales but it’s irrelevant to get your gig appears on the first page.

I never do any marketing about my gig on fiverr. That’s why we will pay 20% to them and they marketing their brand in-order to get sales to us. That’s why I joined fiverr.

If you telling me we need to go marketing ourselves, paid for ads, then we also need pay 20% to fiverr, what’s the point we do fiverr then, why not we host a website ourselves and do all the things ourselves instead?

On 3/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, chrisdata said:

I never do any marketing about my gig on fiverr. That’s why we will pay 20% to them and they marketing their brand in-order to get sales to us. That’s why I joined fiverr.

Well, that’s not actually a promise that Fiverr makes. They don’t guarantee sales, nor do they take on the responsibility for providing sellers with sales. Fiverr merely provides space for freelancers to host their services, and categorizes all gigs within a public catalog of services (organized by an automatic algorithm that promotes top-performing gigs). Sellers provide 20% of all sales income to Fiverr in return for this hosting space.

Fiverr actively encourages sellers to do their own productive management of all user-hosted gigs, and encourages all sellers to market and promote their own services. Fiverr holds no responsibility for the sales success of any seller. That’s just not their responsibility.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, chrisdata said:

why not we host a website ourselves and do all the things ourselves instead?

That is certainly the alternative to working here on Fiverr. You are responsible for your own success, whether hosted here on Fiverr, or hosted on your own managed website. Fiverr clearly wants motivated sellers who are eager and willing to manage their own business efforts, rather than expect someone else to do it for them.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:22 AM, jonbaas said:

Well, that’s not actually a promise that Fiverr makes. They don’t guarantee sales, nor do they take on the responsibility for providing sellers with sales. Fiverr merely provides space for freelancers to host their services, and categorizes all gigs within a public catalog of services (organized by an automatic algorithm that promotes top-performing gigs). Sellers provide 20% of all sales income to Fiverr in return for this hosting space.

Fiverr actively encourages sellers to do their own productive management of all user-hosted gigs, and encourages all sellers to market and promote their own services. Fiverr holds no responsibility for the sales success of any seller. That’s just not their responsibility.

why not we host a website ourselves and do all the things ourselves instead?

That is certainly the alternative to working here on Fiverr. You are responsible for your own success, whether hosted here on Fiverr, or hosted on your own managed website. Fiverr clearly wants motivated sellers who are eager and willing to manage their own business efforts, rather than expect someone else to do it for them.

Fiverr used to guarantee for sales if your niche is demanded and have a nice gig page. It’s all depends on when you get sales. Some new seller 1 day get their sales without doing any marketing at all, some wait for months, some for year. It’s because fiverr is doing marketing for itself (not us!) and buyer get into the website and looking for their services! It’s still a 50/50 luck things.

Now it’s harder to get sales because fiverr become too competitive! They introduce the Pro seller which I think it’ should be on a separated domain, always messing with the ranking algorithm and never let us know how we can get a better exposure to our gig, a terribly buggy system and a very harsh demoted policies to it sellers.

Now they are looking for a product manager in US hope he/she will listen to us in the near future.

Archived