Main Page/First Page Quality Compliance --or just bias?

This below is my rant recently, I could have went in more detail, but i think its sufficient to grasp my point.

Below is what i wrote to fiverr staff:

Hello Guys,

Hope you are doing well, i have a small rant to get off my chest in regards to either the editorial board or whoever manages first page/main page gigs.

19 Hours ago, i have uploaded a new unique gig. I spent alot of time refreshing the main page waiting / hoping to get some exposure on there because it was a new gig. My other gig was created 2 days ago and also didn’t get any first page “exposure” not even for an hour. Neither gig received this.

My gig: http://fiverr.com/routezap/do-a-extravagant-cartoon-promotional-video-for-your-services-or-website

I have now completely memorized and have written down the gigs that are worthy to be on top including the ones that are not. There are gigs that not unique at all but they seem to be able to maintain a 3 day in a row no main page streak. There is also another gig i noticed uploaded an hour ago and also got main page. I am wondering why I am excluded from this privilege. Not even for 30 mins.

Now my concern is the following:

http://fiverr.com/fraggesrock+ maintains first page the entire time no matter how long you refresh. (0 review. 0 everything + apparently he will fix your computer)

http://fiver.com/fragglesrock (posted 1 hour ago) will put some beads or stones on a piece of paper.

Point is the above gig gets featured so easily on the main page, but for both of my gigs not even 2 mins on exposure on the first page.

Now if you look closely there is are more gigs like that. Now this concern is not a selfish one because, I want to address other gigs that are also very high in quality that are getting overlooked at and were published 24 hrs ago as well.

In order to maintain fiverr’s quality compliance, this should be taken seriously or adjusted fairness to some degree. One way to improve is to have the editorial board keep an eye out for “NEW” quality/unique gigs that could deserve some slight attention in comparison to have a gig such as " i will fix your computer running on first page for well over 4 days now".

I hope to receive a reply to this, as i am slightly in doubt about who this is managed and disappointed that unique and quality gigs get overlooked.

Thank you and hope I didn’t offend or ruin any of your day with my rant.

P.S --> I am nobody to judge someone else’s gig, but some quality control is needed!

Sorry guys, i just noticed so many grammatical mistakes. I rushed as well as was eager to get it off my chest. I hope i didn’t offend anyone including the above gig creators that are mentioned.

Just really needed to get this off my chest, because i have been refreshing and keep track of all gigs on main page including the ones if you click “more” Nowhere was I to be found including the “new” gigs for others that I thought were of some great quality.

Quote - "Since editorial board is looking for so called " diversity " how about creating a gig where i write your name on a piece of paper. Editorial board just might feature!

Along with that i will go 10 days straight on first page, while everyone else with quality gigs can ride donkeys in the yard."

Reply to @routezap: =))

One issue resolved.

oldbittygrandma is too kind! :slight_smile:

Reply from Fragglesrock:

Thank you for your input. Our editors focus for gigs that appear on Fiverr in this section is based on their guidelines and curated to show off the potential of all the services offered on Fiverr. With the millions of listings on Fiverr, our editors tend to focus on diversifying their selection for all sorts of sellers, big or small to give all users a fair shot of exposure. You can help yourself out by promoting your own gigs using the tools given to you on your My gigs dashboard to help create future sales.

Regards

Follow @FiverrHQ on Twitter for live site and service updates

My Reply:

Hello Fragglesrock:

Diversifying means, its suppose to be different every-day. Not for 4 days straight on main page. How about that for diversifying.

The Image / face of fiverr is what is potentially advertised on main page. I think your answer was very generic neither did it clarify anything.

Along with that, “promoting your own gigs using the tools” (facebook and twitter) , even if it was done. You wouldn’t know about it because we will be stuck in the back of the deck with other quality gigs.

Its not always about the money, but more about the principle.

While low quality gigs, linger for 4 days straight on fiverr’s main page , showing the so called “services” offered on Fiverr.

I am very disappointed with the above answer, so generic!

If anyone is wondering why the links aren’t working is because the moderators removed it. I am not allowed to do the following: " Calling out other users is not allowed"

Its hard to portray my point without showing the proper links.

Since editorial board is looking for so called " diversity " how about creating a gig where i write your name on a piece of paper. Editorial board just might feature!

Along with that i will go 10 days straight on first page, while everyone else with quality gigs can ride donkeys in the yard.

Sense the sarcasm here.

I do agree that the gigs that make the first page and therefore get more traffic and visibility do seem an odd choice at times…