Major Bug In Search Part 2

n4y33m

Mod Note: This is a continued discussion from a previous thread

Interesting thread. 😃
Maybe I am the only one disagreed with the title. 😦
This is not a bug and more like it’s the system and it works how the programmers wanted to be. Developers use differents search algorithms in different platform, even some Programmers/Organizations implement the new algorithm from a combination of existing algorithms.
Moreover, I think Fiverr wanted their search will be random, it will depend on daily clicks/views/impressions/sells/gig prices, etc.

This is how a basic search algorithm works:

Making the decision to implement:

1. Who is going to use?
  2. What will be the requirements to display result (logical)
  3. Search and post the result.

In Logical part, System stores data>>index those by previously provided conditions>>regroup by provided values>>display on the search result.

Here’s a graphical example how search works:
googleg_alldp.icogoogle.com

How Google Search Works | Overview

Learn how Google looks through and organizes all the information on the internet to give you the most useful and relevant Search results in a fraction of a second.

Once again, People who are thinking it’s a bug, think anew.
It is better to take this as they implemented functions based on daily statistics, prices, tags, and keywords. 🙂
(I’m not a pro, I appreciate your criticism if I’m wrong. I will learn something new. 😃 )

Mod Note: This is a continued discussion from a previous thread

Interesting thread. 😃

Maybe I am the only one disagreed with the title. 😦

This is not a bug and more like it’s the system and it works how the programmers wanted to be. Developers use differents search algorithms in different platform, even some Programmers/Organizations implement the new algorithm from a combination of existing algorithms.

Moreover, I think Fiverr wanted their search will be random, it will depend on daily clicks/views/impressions/sells/gig prices, etc.

This is how a basic search algorithm works:

Making the decision to implement:

1. Who is going to use?
  2. What will be the requirements to display result (logical)
  3. Search and post the result.

In Logical part, System stores data>>index those by previously provided conditions>>regroup by provided values>>display on the search result.

Here’s a graphical example how search works:

googleg_alldp.icogoogle.com

How Google Search Works | Overview

Learn how Google looks through and organizes all the information on the internet to give you the most useful and relevant Search results in a fraction of a second.

Once again, People who are thinking it’s a bug, think anew.

It is better to take this as they implemented functions based on daily statistics, prices, tags, and keywords. 🙂

(I’m not a pro, I appreciate your criticism if I’m wrong. I will learn something new. 😃 )

1. Who is going to use?

Makes no sense because the result is being identical to everybody

1. What will be the requirements to display result (logical)

Makes no sense again, because when we are trying to search for to rated sellers, we are seeing NEW HIGH PRICE GIGS.

1. Search and post the result.

Makes no sense again because it’s mixing the results from one filter to other filter.

I also believe on this, but it’s not being random when you always have the same results for the search and the constant is the price. so higher the price, higher the rank you will be shown. It’s a fact and we just proved it by doing tests.

Please, I’m not here to criticize you, just showing you the facts.

Well, I think over the next months it will change when they see that this strategy don’t work.

and we are fkd up. low in rank. working our a** off to bring back all the reputation we created over 3 years, working 70 hours a week. 3 years more with no sngle vacation.

YAYYYY. just loved this 😃

lol

if it will keep this way, this is the only online marketplace in the world who priorize the high prices instead the product delivered

Higher prices are synonymous with increased perceptions of value.

I used to hate Fiverr for the types of buyer I used to get. On my other main platform, I would have a writing client ask me to write a sales copy for an organic brand of dog food for $20. They would send me loads of info and rarely ever cause me headaches.

On Fiverr on the other hand, I’d have buyers say something like “I need articles about dog food,” without providing any additional information or context.

After increasing my prices on Fiverr, I now get more of the first kind of buyer here and it’s not unusual for them to pay me $30 for a single article. I get these buyers because they choose me specifically because I have a higher base price and they are looking for a higher standard of service to what they would expect for $5.

If I was Fiverr, I too would be attempting to shake a certain brand identity issue which has taken hold, one which sees some buyers consider the site to be a charity for small businesses. Higher base prices will help do this. This is because instead of someone at UpWork outsourcing an order from a client to Fiverr, Fiverr itself will eventually be seen as the freelance platform to choose over Upwork for quality in the first place.

Do changes like this go smoothly? No. However, I find it a bit crazy how even little things like using a real profile picture still haven’t been taken onboard by some people commenting on this thread. (I mean Fiverr does say this is best practice).

I have several severely underperforming gigs. I had my worst months ever on Fiverr in January and February, I never once dropped everything to rant about it. I just got on with experimenting with different gig product, description, pricing, and marketing strategies. Why can some people simply not accept that they might have to make changes to their gigs as Fiverr changes?

I search ‘translation’ - there are different prices - from $5 to higher

I think Fiverr is democratic and gives a chance to all to be visible (or tryes to give)

that’s why there is a filter caller RELEVANCE.

RATING filter should show those with better results.

by the way, you will find $5 gigs on the first page, but just a few (and probably with good reviews)

If fiverr is trying to give everyone a chance, shouldn’t be a chance for those with new lower prices gigs too? Also, if it keeps this way, just change your price and you will have a chance.

I always thought like you till I see that customer support doesnt care a lot about some issues. The first person who assisted me tried to work around the problem. She wasnt trying to resolve the problem. It was really frustrating.

I used to hate Fiverr for the types of buyer I used to get. On my other main platform, I would have a writing client ask me to write a sales copy for an organic brand of dog food for $20. They would send me loads of info and rarely ever cause me headaches.

On Fiverr on the other hand, I’d have buyers say something like “I need articles about dog food,” without providing any additional information or context.

After increasing my prices on Fiverr, I now get more of the first kind of buyer here and it’s not unusual for them to pay me $30 for a single article. I get these buyers because they choose me specifically because I have a higher base price and they are looking for a higher standard of service to what they would expect for $5.

If I was Fiverr, I too would be attempting to shake a certain brand identity issue which has taken hold, one which sees some buyers consider the site to be a charity for small businesses. Higher base prices will help do this. This is because instead of someone at UpWork outsourcing an order from a client to Fiverr, Fiverr itself will eventually be seen as the freelance platform to choose over Upwork for quality in the first place.

Do changes like this go smoothly? No. However, I find it a bit crazy how even little things like using a real profile picture still haven’t been taken onboard by some people commenting on this thread. (I mean Fiverr does say this is best practice).

I have several severely underperforming gigs. I had my worst months ever on Fiverr in January and February, I never once dropped everything to rant about it. I just got on with experimenting with different gig product, description, pricing, and marketing strategies. Why can some people simply not accept that they might have to make changes to their gigs as Fiverr changes?

Just let me aks you something? when you click on PRICE sort from a site you buy, what do you expect to see?

I believe it dont need to be answered right?

Fiverr is a tool for buyers too.

When they click one AVG CUSTOMER REVIEW sort, they are not getting this, they are gettng HIGH PRICES FIRST MIXED WITH SOME GOOD RATED SELLERS (IF YOU WANT THE SORT YOU ARE LOOKING, YOU WONT HAVE).

Like I said, fiverr is a tool to ease your life, not to complicate, like every software/app or tools.

If fiverr want close tomorrow, they can, nobody can stop, but if fiverr wants to keep grow up, the will need to fix their mistakes/issues/bugs.

Or everybody will start rising their prices till it get a complete mess, no organization at all. A fail system

Andy,

I understand your point and it makes sense, but there is something you’re forgetting from a buyers perspective. I believe it was Simon who created the thread about paying more doesn’t get you more?

When I am working with a seller I’ve never ordered from, regardless of their level, I make a point to order the lowest gig (typically no more than $10). I want to know if he or she is compatible with what I want. I’m not out to scam or take advantage of anyone.

I ordered from a gal, level 2, with stunning portfolio. I was shock at what she delivered. The revision was stolen, after the 2nd revision, I gave up.

I have no idea how she obtained level 2, the portfolio (some, but not all, were taken from Google) and all those 5 star reviews. She’s one of the ones I didn’t review.

After that experience last year, I make a point to start low and then move up. Just because a buyer wants to start with a $5 or $10 gig doesn’t mean we are difficult, scammer. It could be the opposite.

Some seller won’t accept large orders from 1st time clients. I’m okay with that. They don’t know me, they want to test me as much as I want to test them.

If we wont get any result from support, I’ll start a post as “HOW EASILY BOOST YOUR RANK”.

I’m pretty sure a looooot will change their prices and the mess will start 😈

I hope we dont achieve this point, but if it’s necessary, I will for sure

If we wont get any result from support, I’ll start a post as “HOW EASILY BOOST YOUR RANK”.

if it’s necessary, I will for sure

… sounds like a war declaration 🚀

I don’t speak for customer support but I think making a post on the Fiverr Forum with the intention of annoying CS is probably not a good idea.

I don’t speak for customer support but I think making a post on the Fiverr Forum with the intention of annoying CS is probably not a good idea.

It’s just a joke my friend. But it wouldn’t annoy support if they says that this is how search must work. The mess wouldnt be with the support but with the search system. then nobody could find good gigs anymore, just high prices.

I want the best to fiverr ALWAYS, because if fiverr is doing good, I’m doing good to

When joking on the forum, it is best not to say things like

if it’s necessary, I will for sure

Anyway, you have made your point repeatedly, as have I and I have no desire to discuss this further - I merely commented here to ensure you didn’t do something you regretted.

Andy,

I understand your point and it makes sense, but there is something you’re forgetting from a buyers perspective. I believe it was Simon who created the thread about paying more doesn’t get you more?

When I am working with a seller I’ve never ordered from, regardless of their level, I make a point to order the lowest gig (typically no more than $10). I want to know if he or she is compatible with what I want. I’m not out to scam or take advantage of anyone.

I ordered from a gal, level 2, with stunning portfolio. I was shock at what she delivered. The revision was stolen, after the 2nd revision, I gave up.

I have no idea how she obtained level 2, the portfolio (some, but not all, were taken from Google) and all those 5 star reviews. She’s one of the ones I didn’t review.

After that experience last year, I make a point to start low and then move up. Just because a buyer wants to start with a $5 or $10 gig doesn’t mean we are difficult, scammer. It could be the opposite.

Some seller won’t accept large orders from 1st time clients. I’m okay with that. They don’t know me, they want to test me as much as I want to test them.

I completely understand but I have perhaps misrepresented my point. I don’t think that anyone should order anything more than a basic package when approaching a seller for the first time, precisely because of the reasons which you have outlined.

I too have had some awful buying experiences on Fiverr from supposedly reputable sellers. My point about pricing is that I can understand Fiverr’s reason for wanting to up the base price but not announce that they are upping the base price.

Much more importantly, though, I don’t think that it is logical for people to be going hysterical about search result changes before going back to their gigs and experimenting with different presentation and marketing strategies like those which I detailed in my first response on this thread.

People need to stop looking for obvious things like new sellers with no reviews being ranked higher than experienced sellers with thousands. Maybe, for instance, another common trait among the new highly ranked sellers (notice the word MAYBE) is that their profiles feature real pictures, feature better spelling & grammar, and feature videos.

My gigs need work. Much more importantly, I can see gigs offered by people who have commented on this thread which need work. This is why I previously suggested that sellers should create new gigs which offer similar services to their old ones but experiment with different pricing, package, and presentation methods.

Howling at the moon solves nothing unless you are a wolf in search of a mate. Moreover, I really do not believe that if this is a bug, someone on Fiverr’s backend wouldn’t have picked up on it already.

I completely understand but I have perhaps misrepresented my point. I don’t think that anyone should order anything more than a basic package when approaching a seller for the first time, precisely because of the reasons which you have outlined.

I too have had some awful buying experiences on Fiverr from supposedly reputable sellers. My point about pricing is that I can understand Fiverr’s reason for wanting to up the base price but not announce that they are upping the base price.

Much more importantly, though, I don’t think that it is logical for people to be going hysterical about search result changes before going back to their gigs and experimenting with different presentation and marketing strategies like those which I detailed in my first response on this thread.

People need to stop looking for obvious things like new sellers with no reviews being ranked higher than experienced sellers with thousands. Maybe, for instance, another common trait among the new highly ranked sellers (notice the word MAYBE) is that their profiles feature real pictures, feature better spelling & grammar, and feature videos.

My gigs need work. Much more importantly, I can see gigs offered by people who have commented on this thread which need work. This is why I previously suggested that sellers should create new gigs which offer similar services to their old ones but experiment with different pricing, package, and presentation methods.

Howling at the moon solves nothing unless you are a wolf in search of a mate. Moreover, I really do not believe that if this is a bug, someone on Fiverr’s backend wouldn’t have picked up on it already.

People need to stop looking for obvious things like new sellers with no reviews being ranked higher than experienced sellers with thousands.

Of course not. I know I’m a good seller because there is only 1 seller with more ratings than me in my category, but I wont just SIT and WATCH some seller with no experience taking my place which took me 3 years of work (about 70 hours a week, no vacations).

The problem is that fiverr says the CANT FAVOR ANY GIG (if you read Trust & Safety terms). But it will favor those with new high prices.

I woundt be here arguing if the filter was called PRICES, instead AVG CUSTOMER REVIEW. But it’s not.

Fiverr is known as a reputation based system, so better your work, better future chances of sales, or wouldnt have a rank based on PERFORMANCE, and fiver CS EXPLAINED thousands of times. PRICE ISNT PERFORMANCE, simple like this

Support is Awesome!

• Every request was answered within 12 hours
  • Follow-ups same day
  • Valuable info
  • Always resolved my issue

What more can I say?

to be honest there were just a few time that support didnt helped me. Now it’s one of them, to be honest it was ridiculous, like:

“me: A or B?.

support: tomato”

People need to stop looking for obvious things like new sellers with no reviews being ranked higher than experienced sellers with thousands.

Of course not. I know I’m a good seller because there is only 1 seller with more ratings than me in my category, but I wont just SIT and WATCH some seller with no experience taking my place which took me 3 years of work (about 70 hours a week, no vacations).

The problem is that fiverr says the CANT FAVOR ANY GIG (if you read Trust & Safety terms). But it will favor those with new high prices.

I woundt be here arguing if the filter was called PRICES, instead AVG CUSTOMER REVIEW. But it’s not.

Fiverr is known as a reputation based system, so better your work, better future chances of sales, or wouldnt have a rank based on PERFORMANCE, and fiver CS EXPLAINED thousands of times. PRICE ISNT PERFORMANCE, simple like this

You are completely missing my point. I have never said that changes are 100% price orientated. YOU, however, are blinding yourself by focusing on this one point.

You are like someone in the sea after a shipwreck screaming “help, I need a life jacket!” The key problem, however, is that you are wasting all your energy screaming, while not acknowledging all the handy pieces of float ready wood drifting in the water around you.

It might be time to have a cup of tea, go for a short walk, and just appreciate a little stillness for a while.

You are completely missing my point. I have never said that changes are 100% price orientated. YOU, however, are blinding yourself by focusing on this one point.

You are like someone in the sea after a shipwreck screaming “help, I need a life jacket!” The key problem, however, is that you are wasting all your energy screaming, while not acknowledging all the handy pieces of float ready wood drifting in the water around you.

It might be time to have a cup of tea, go for a short walk, and just appreciate a little stillness for a while.

have a cup of tea, go for a short walk, and just appreciate a little stillness

… I enjoy my tea right now… and here it’s still as “Stille Nacht” song… 🍵

well, I’m contacting support by fiverr and out of fiverr, to see if they can change this.

Fiverr offers SEO services, I highly suggest you to get informed what it mean and what fiverr is doing. I never said that it’s a bug or not. I just believe it is because fiverr wouldnt be so dumb to screw a simple search system.

To agree with fiverr system right now, you are probably getting benefited with this or you wouldnt be saying.

There is no way I can compete with some gig that is just using a space (and not getting the benefits of this).

By the way, I made about 5-6 suggestion to fiverr support related on their search systems over these 3 years, all of them were attended. So I’ll keep up till they change this.

Like I said, I’m graduated in business, I have knowledge and base in what I’m talking about.

If I know that scream for a life jacket is better than jump in the water full of sharks, I’ll keep screaming, no problem 🙂

Archived