Fiverr Community Forum

Make payments via Bitcoin on Fiverr?

I believe that when bitcoin goes up, a platform like Fiverr that does not allow payment via bitcoin will see a decrease in their revenues. Would it cost much to implement a payment method accepting bitcoin on Fiverr?

Thoughts

2 Likes

Cryptocurrencies aren’t mainstream or accessible enough yet. Heck, it’s been over a decade of Bitcoin so far and most of the world won’t even be able to have it in their PayPal balance by the end of 2021. It’s the e-ink of finance.
I doubt that there’s even been a single person among the millions of buyers in the last year who have also thought “damn, I would’ve really bought this 20$ gig if I could’ve used my crypto wallet”.

Not a priority at the moment.

IMO, yes. I can only see Fiverr spending some of their budget to get the right people and technology on board far from now.

1 Like

Cryptocurrency is way too volatile and worth it to harm to risk taking.

Also, the transaction fees for it can be pretty high. It’s a lot cheaper to just pay by PayPal or Stripe.

Exactly. And, as you say, eventually people can just put their Bitcoin or whatever into their PayPal and then pay with PayPal if it’s that important to them.