Making it Work - Community Video

mjensen415

Although, we’re scattered across the globe, we’re all experiencing this moment in a similar way - connected in a new, shared struggle. We created this video to recognizing and acknowledging the resiliency and resourcefulness of our incredible community.

These video submissions were made by the 16 Fiverr Sellers below who were spread out across 15 countries. It is a true testament to how we’re all #makingitwork during COVID-19.

@alisongrasso
@hasandag_studio
@colormatics
@vasily17
@jonahhaber
@linarysortega
@indieoven
@modjostudios
@fredericeiden
@empillay
@edithkurosaka
@paolovendramini
@seoexpert234
@kevsam
@mrauws
@kenzooo

We’re encouraging sharing of this video to highlight the amazing community around it.
Here are the links if you’d like to share it too:
Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/watch/?v=225962695291460
IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-zvxywBtZN/
Twitter: https://www.■■■■■■■■■■■/fiverr/status/1248673268942417920
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6654442992239169536/
YouTube:

I can’t relate. I don’t wake up early in the morning unless I have work, I don’t drink coffee, don’t cook pancakes, don’t have a dog, and only recently started wearing a mask because my State and retailers are forcing me.

I can’t relate. I don’t wake up early in the morning unless I have work, I don’t drink coffee, don’t cook pancakes, don’t have a dog,

All these people also have immaculately clean homes and wake up in the morning looking like magical beauty faries visited them while sleeping to groom them.

We need a more hardcore Vice-like video showing the more unpolished side of freelancing.

It could start with real daily chores like smelling clothes from the laundry pile to see what is safe to wear, before slurping milk from the carton in front of an open fridge stocked full of ramen noodle leftovers.

My morning is usually more like this:

Naturally, when I say morning, I also mean anytime between 3pm and 11pm. 😉

Nice video and I agree with @cyaxrex that we need some more ruffled hair, stumbling out of bed, giving various items of clothing a sniff test before going down and discovering there’s no milk left.

PS. Three times in conversations over the past couple of weeks, I have had conversations about how I am still working from home and still quite busy. When I explain what I do and mentioned Fiverr, each of them at least knew of Fiverr. This never used to be the case and typically I would need to explain the whole concept of gigs, digital services, etc.
Whatever you guys are doing in getting the word out, keep doing it!

Nice video and I agree with @cyaxrex that we need some more ruffled hair, stumbling out of bed, giving various items of clothing a sniff test before going down and discovering there’s no milk left.

PS. Three times in conversations over the past couple of weeks, I have had conversations about how I am still working from home and still quite busy. When I explain what I do and mentioned Fiverr, each of them at least knew of Fiverr. This never used to be the case and typically I would need to explain the whole concept of gigs, digital services, etc.

Whatever you guys are doing in getting the word out, keep doing it!

When I explain what I do and mentioned Fiverr, each of them at least knew of Fiverr.

Great. Go outside and play a ukulele to onboard the soon to be 30% unemployed masses why don’t you. It’s not like we are lacking competitors… :roll_eyes:

You are not supposed to tell people about Fiverr, Eoin. You are supposed to tell people that you work in sales and leave things at that. - Unless its buyers, naturally.

Pancakes

Actually, thanks to “the crisis”, and to the people who bought up all the flour and sugar and baking powder and such in my supermarket, I’ve discovered that there are readymade American pancakes in the cooling shelf that you pop into a toaster, and they actually taste quite good. Perfect food for a freelancer who would love to jump out of bed right onto their desk chair with just a minimal amount of time spent on preparing breakfast, i.e. toaster pancakes and instant coffee 😉

Love the video. The handwashing scene was too short, though, needs to be 20 seconds minimum 😛

Pancakes

Actually, thanks to “the crisis”, and to the people who bought up all the flour and sugar and baking powder and such in my supermarket, I’ve discovered that there are readymade American pancakes in the cooling shelf that you pop into a toaster, and they actually taste quite good. Perfect food for a freelancer who would love to jump out of bed right onto their desk chair with just a minimal amount of time spent on preparing breakfast, i.e. toaster pancakes and instant coffee 😉

Love the video. The handwashing scene was too short, though, needs to be 20 seconds minimum 😛

I’ve discovered that there are readymade American pancakes in the cooling shelf that you pop into a toaster, and they actually taste quite good.

I accidentally discovered 10 kinds of pancake mix in an eco store. The boxes are designed in this annoying minimalist “green” style that seems to be in vogue now for food products so no-one can tell what it is. No-one buys it. All of it is mine now. So delicious, especially wild berries + chocolate ones.

I’ve discovered that there are readymade American pancakes in the cooling shelf that you pop into a toaster, and they actually taste quite good.

I accidentally discovered 10 kinds of pancake mix in an eco store. The boxes are designed in this annoying minimalist “green” style that seems to be in vogue now for food products so no-one can tell what it is. No-one buys it. All of it is mine now. So delicious, especially wild berries + chocolate ones.

No-one buys it. All of it is mine now.

Good move, if nobody else buys it anyway, it’s not hoarding, and it will keep them from discontinuing it! So annoying when you find something you love and you’re apparently the only person who loves it, so it will be gone before long.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:04 PM, miiila said:

Pancakes

Love the video. The handwashing scene was too short, though, needs to be 20 seconds minimum 😛 Good short movie for inspiration that everyone is working for our-self and achieve their goals.

Amazing Video and it is very suitable on this current scenario. We are working from home through fiverr and earn money when some others are worried about the jobs May be, we are experiencing decrease in the buyers requests during lock-down but still we have the opportunity to grab the projects at this stage also.

I liked the vieo. However, I am curious to know why there are never any freelancers above the age of 40 on your video advertisements?

However, I am curious to know why there are never any freelancers above the age of 40 on your video advertisements?

Yes, good question. I’m 36 and I’m getting nervous.

I liked the vieo. However, I am curious to know why there are never any freelancers above the age of 40 on your video advertisements?

241929_2.png vickiespencer:

However, I am curious to know why there are never any freelancers above the age of 40 on your video advertisements?

Freelancers don’t usually get past 40. They get ground up and fed to the new generations of sellers. That’s hat keeps the marketplace so fresh.

That aside, there’s nothing to stop you both from filming a few minutes of your own day and posting it here. Who knows, it could be what launches you both into Fiverr marketing stardom. 😉 .

They all look under 30, especially the women who don’t look much over 20 if that. There was an elderly woman, but she didn’t seem like she was starting her work day. She seemed to be having it all explained to her by a younger man.

Overall it was a very cute video. Plenty of time for walking dogs and being with the kids without the commute to an office.

241929_2.png vickiespencer:

Freelancers don’t usually get past 40. They get ground up and fed to the new generations of sellers. That’s hat keeps the marketplace so fresh.

That aside, there’s nothing to stop you both from filming a few minutes of your own day and posting it here. Who knows, it could be what launches you both into Fiverr marketing stardom. 😉 .

I’d actually love to have a post with everyone posting their home office pictures, no Photoshop allowed, no presence in the photo required, pets in the photos encouraged. But maybe it’d be considered too invasive.

I like seeing how people organize spaces where they work.

Archived