Malicious/abusive order

erikawinter

Hey guys,

I just got this order from a freshly created user.

InkedFiverr1_LI.thumb.jpg.3c88b659bf02833b9d60ce7173ff5246.jpg
InkedFiverr1_LI1259×1141 41.5 KB
InkedFiverr2_LI.thumb.jpg.caa4a47f4342d619e24ecb8e068895f5.jpg
InkedFiverr2_LI3175×944 118 KB

I have a requirement on my gig description about people messaging me before ordering so when I confronted him about it, he cancelled the order.

What I want to know is how do we deal with this sort of situation and why would anyone do this? Is this an attempt to downgrade my account?

/edit I already removed the options from the gig that he used, just in case.

Thanks!

I got one, too. It seems like no matter what I do, it will downgrade my account. Help!?!

Sorry – I thought there was a way to mark the bad order as a ToS violation. Now I’m back to my bewilderment about why someone is trying to downgrade my rankings by doing this.

Sorry – I thought there was a way to mark the bad order as a ToS violation. Now I’m back to my bewilderment about why someone is trying to downgrade my rankings by doing this.

You can contact Fiverr CS for some help, but don’t expect a fast answer.

They are quite busy.

What you should be doing is sending your information to Fiverr CS to sort out.

That was the first thing I did. As soon as I saw the order I immediately flagged it and reported it. Afterwards I spoke to the client and he cancelled. After that I reported his account and blocked him for good measure.

I’m not sure if I did the right thing but it was what occured to me. This was all in a matter of 15 minutes too! Stressful…

There is a way but… I don’t know if it’d work so I asked the guy to cancel and he did because he hadn’t messaged me first before ordering as written on my gig description. I left the CS a report though.

The nefarious buyer already registered a dispute and asked to cancel. But if I accept, doesn’t that lower my “completed” percentage?

I’m not sure but I definitely cancelled before it got any worse. He initiated it so hopefully it won’t be so bad… He hadn’t even entered the order details…

I’m not sure but I definitely cancelled before it got any worse. He initiated it so hopefully it won’t be so bad… He hadn’t even entered the order details…

I had an experience with a dispute in the past, and it lowered my 100% completion ratio. That’s what I’m afraid of, that anyone can place an order and then cancel it like this to bring our numbers down.

I had an experience with a dispute in the past, and it lowered my 100% completion ratio. That’s what I’m afraid of, that anyone can place an order and then cancel it like this to bring our numbers down.

I’m concerned about that, hopefully Fiverr will look into it… It feels like we’re so unprotected against these ‘buyers’. On the day I got Fiverr’s Choice too, made me so sad.

I’m concerned about that, hopefully Fiverr will look into it… It feels like we’re so unprotected against these ‘buyers’. On the day I got Fiverr’s Choice too, made me so sad.

I didn’t cancel the order yet, and the person is messaging me rather frantically. Maybe we do have a teeny bit of power to make them worry?

I’d cancel it just because I read Fiverr often takes buyers’ sides.

The malicious buyer is messaging me to argue that he/she didn’t do this to anyone else, and is pretending like they are just a buyer who changed their mind. But your order and mine look very similar – they didn’t ask questions ahead of time, they ticked every box to add services, and they disputed and cancelled immediately.

Did anybody else have this happen recently with a brand-new account?

(I know that arguing with a buyer is like wrestling with a pig. Everybody gets filthy, but the pig likes it.)

Oh. I’m not new anymore but I had two buyers like this (going through CS to cancel saved my cancellation rate!) They both ordered the same gig if I remember well, one ordering a multitude of extras in a weird way (commercial rights x4, etc.) the other seemed harmless and I do get the odd order without much info at first so I was a bit surprised. Before I could have even reached out (I believe I was having dinner both times lol) they both canceled with two different reasons: the first one (with the odd extras) said that they chose someone else (after spending a LOT of money, well, for me) and the second one just admitted that they have mistakenly placed the order…

Oh. I’m not new anymore but I had two buyers like this (going through CS to cancel saved my cancellation rate!) They both ordered the same gig if I remember well, one ordering a multitude of extras in a weird way (commercial rights x4, etc.) the other seemed harmless and I do get the odd order without much info at first so I was a bit surprised. Before I could have even reached out (I believe I was having dinner both times lol) they both canceled with two different reasons: the first one (with the odd extras) said that they chose someone else (after spending a LOT of money, well, for me) and the second one just admitted that they have mistakenly placed the order…

Sorry, that wasn’t clear – I didn’t mean that my account is new, I meant the buyer just created a brand-new account.

Archived