Fiverr Community Forum

Malicious/abusive order

Hey guys,

I just got this order from a freshly created user.

I have a requirement on my gig description about people messaging me before ordering so when I confronted him about it, he cancelled the order.

What I want to know is how do we deal with this sort of situation and why would anyone do this? Is this an attempt to downgrade my account?

/edit I already removed the options from the gig that he used, just in case.

Thanks!

5 Likes

You will have to edit out the user name or this thread could get flagged.

I’ve already flagged one today for the same Fiverr ToS violation.

1 Like

Roger that, give me one second.

I got one, too. It seems like no matter what I do, it will downgrade my account. Help!?!

3 Likes

I flagged a post earlier today on the Forum where someone called out another member by name.

That was the ToS violation.

1 Like

Much better!

Nice recovery there.

1 Like

I didn’t know so I appreciate the heads up, already replaced the images. The goal was to alert other members but I understand why it’d be a problem.

1 Like

Sorry – I thought there was a way to mark the bad order as a ToS violation. Now I’m back to my bewilderment about why someone is trying to downgrade my rankings by doing this.

2 Likes

What you should be doing is sending your information to Fiverr CS to sort out.

1 Like

You can contact Fiverr CS for some help, but don’t expect a fast answer.

They are quite busy.

1 Like

That was the first thing I did. As soon as I saw the order I immediately flagged it and reported it. Afterwards I spoke to the client and he cancelled. After that I reported his account and blocked him for good measure.

I’m not sure if I did the right thing but it was what occured to me. This was all in a matter of 15 minutes too! Stressful…

1 Like

There is a way but… I don’t know if it’d work so I asked the guy to cancel and he did because he hadn’t messaged me first before ordering as written on my gig description. I left the CS a report though.

1 Like

The nefarious buyer already registered a dispute and asked to cancel. But if I accept, doesn’t that lower my “completed” percentage?

1 Like

I’m not sure but I definitely cancelled before it got any worse. He initiated it so hopefully it won’t be so bad… He hadn’t even entered the order details…

I had an experience with a dispute in the past, and it lowered my 100% completion ratio. That’s what I’m afraid of, that anyone can place an order and then cancel it like this to bring our numbers down.

2 Likes

I’m concerned about that, hopefully Fiverr will look into it… It feels like we’re so unprotected against these ‘buyers’. On the day I got Fiverr’s Choice too, made me so sad.

1 Like

I didn’t cancel the order yet, and the person is messaging me rather frantically. Maybe we do have a teeny bit of power to make them worry?

1 Like

If it helps, my stats are still good!

That’s great! Now I can’t decide whether to keep him or her sweating or just cancel the order.

1 Like

I am scared when it is fresh accounts, I take care because it often smells bad

1 Like