Malware Detected! Be Careful

graphicempire

Hello guys, be careful at the buyer request section if somebody ask you to download a file and check before send a quote. Today i have downloaded a file suddenly it shows on my system that malware detected and my system became slow. I have deleted the file at the same time, here i am attaching a screenshot of the buyer who attached the file. Malware has the ability to crash your system or it will hide anywhere on the program files and collect information without your knowledge.

This is why I never click on outside url, if it is not from some trusted site like youtube or vimeo.

Beside this malware things I have also noticed buyer adding a shortend url, when you open those it basically redirects user to their gigs page.

I guess they do so to increase their gigs impression which improve the ranking but this is not a good way also out of fiverr tos.

Yes I have same experience as you. I had a message asking to do a sample before ordering. I downloaded it but my virus guard detected that file is a Trojan horse. Please every one keep your virus guards updated and recheck file extension before open it. Most of viruses come with .exe extension and never ever double click on files which you download like this

I have also had this same experience, most times they are attached in word documents. They will ask you to enable your macro. A buyer once did that to me, immediately my PC detected it and deleted. I told the buyer to send the document in text file and I never heard from her again. Fiverr Team and customer care support should take note.

Those kind of attachments also have the ability to install keylogger malware through your PC’s macros. Keyloggers can collect username and password details as you login to Fiverr next time. Your prey can then be able to withdraw your funds when you don’t have a security question set.

I hope the Fiverr team can look into this and do something immediately.

Archived