Mandatory Review From The Users

Its happens many times that buyer though satisfied don’t leave a review for the services they have bought. As a seller I know how important it is to get a review especially when you are a No Level Seller. Due to some really strict Fiverr TOS you can’t ask your buyer to rate their experience (some long debate for this) I think it should be made compulsory for both buyers as well as sellers once an order is marked completed to give a review/rating of their experience with one another either bad,satisfactory or excellent

Let me know your opinions below

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not want mandatory review.

Some clients are happy with my work but I am not happy with them.

I am happy when they take what they ordered and leave without review.

If they leave review I will have to leave them 1* review since they are 1* worth buyers.

Plus many sellers here should be happy to the Moon and back that they do not leave review. it only means that review would be 1*.

You want 1* reviews?

No. We do not need mandatory reviews. You already got paid for your services. Buyers are not obligated to leave you a review.

Do you always leave a review for Amazon sellers? Reviews are important to them too.

Buyers are not obligated to leave you a review.

Yeah they aren’t but they can be made obliged by modification of the TOS

No. We do not need mandatory reviews. You already got paid for your services. Buyers are not obligated to leave you a review.

Do you always leave a review for Amazon sellers? Reviews are important to them too.

Do you always leave a review for Amazon sellers?

Not always but I think it would be the buyers moral (though not legal) duty to leave a good review in case the product they bought was up to the task . I mean its kinda unfair not to leave one as you know how crucial a good review would be for the seller who is selling a top notch product

I do not want mandatory review.

Some clients are happy with my work but I am not happy with them.

I am happy when they take what they ordered and leave without review.

If they leave review I will have to leave them 1* review since they are 1* worth buyers.

Plus many sellers here should be happy to the Moon and back that they do not leave review. it only means that review would be 1*.

You want 1* reviews?

I am happy when they take what they ordered and leave without review

Hmm Seems you are satisfied with the current rules. I Appreciate that

Buyers are not obligated to leave you a review.

Yeah they aren’t but they can be made obliged by modification of the TOS

That is never going to happen. Some buyers do not wish to leave a review, and that is completely fine.

Besides, you should be happy that Fiverr buyers are much more likely to leave reviews than buyers on other platforms online. My Rated Orders % is 53%, and I know that this is lower than what many other sellers here have (Maybe that is because I have never even alluded to reviews or feedback when I deliver, as I strictly adhere to the ToS).

I think 53% is extremely high compared to other online selling platforms. I will use the example of Steam as I sell games on there and know the platform well. Reviews are extremely important on Steam, almost as much as on Fiverr. But, on Steam, you will be lucky if 0.2% of your buyers leave a review. So, I think you should be very thankful that a large percentage of Fiverr buyers take time out of their day to leave a review for you.

It is a privilege to receive a review, not a right.

I am happy when they take what they ordered and leave without review

Hmm Seems you are satisfied with the current rules. I Appreciate that

Look at that this way. I want to hire you as a lawyer to help me with my WIPO rejection of my patent. I need to file a report back to them but I do not know do I reply directly to my agent or there is some kind of official form I must use. Plus my patent is innovative, and the agent claims it is not, just minor change in the design that already exists.

Now I hire you, you help me little and I am not satisfied and I want to leave you 1* review. What would you do after?

60% of people on Fiverr deserve 1* review but they get nothing. Maybe what you saying would be good and 60% of users would quit. Purge.

Its happens many times that buyer though satisfied don’t leave a review for the services they have bought. As a seller I know how important it is to get a review especially when you are a No Level Seller. Due to some really strict Fiverr TOS you can’t ask your buyer to rate their experience (some long debate for this) I think it should be made compulsory for both buyers as well as sellers once an order is marked completed to give a review/rating of their experience with one another either bad,satisfactory or excellent

I think it should be made compulsory for both buyers as well as sellers once an order is marked completed to give a review/rating of their experience with one another either bad,satisfactory or excellent

Buyers who don’t want to leave reviews would leave Fiverr.

Not always

So, you don’t always want to leave a review for an Amazon seller, but want to force buyers to always leave a review for your service? There’s a word for that, but I’d probably get flagged if I used it.

Look at that this way. I want to hire you as a lawyer to help me with my WIPO rejection of my patent. I need to file a report back to them but I do not know do I reply directly to my agent or there is some kind of official form I must use. Plus my patent is innovative, and the agent claims it is not, just minor change in the design that already exists.

Now I hire you, you help me little and I am not satisfied and I want to leave you 1* review. What would you do after?

60% of people on Fiverr deserve 1* review but they get nothing. Maybe what you saying would be good and 60% of users would quit. Purge.

I am not satisfied and I want to leave you 1* review. What would you do after?

Well If you are not satisfied with my services you can leave a 1* review .If my services are not up to the mark I will get 1* , if good enough than 5* or whatever. I think its more about giving a review than how many *s you give . Anyways the thing you are saying regarding that many users shall leave , might be a genuine thing to think about

I think it should be made compulsory for both buyers as well as sellers once an order is marked completed to give a review/rating of their experience with one another either bad,satisfactory or excellent

Not always

So, you don’t always want to leave a review for an Amazon seller, but want to force buyers to always leave a review for your service? There’s a word for that, but I’d probably get flagged if I used it.

Thats not what I was trying to say that I will not always leave a review for Amazon sellers. I was just generally discussing with my fellow member when I said “Not Always” . If you ask me what I will do personally, I will surely leave a review (either good or bad) depending upon my experience

Not always

There’s a word for that, but I’d probably get flagged if I used it.

The TOS which all of us have agreed upon teaches us to be respectful to other users and criticize “opinions” and not “persons”. But still if you want to use some word (though you absolutely misunderstood the context) go ahead 😉

They provide us money, but we can’t force someone to express their thoughts about the product. If you deliver a great quality product, buyers will definitely leave you good reviews, as well as tips. 🙂

Don’t worry about the missed review. Keep working. Good luck!

They provide us money, but we can’t force someone to express their thoughts about the product. If you deliver a great quality product, buyers will definitely leave you good reviews, as well as tips. 🙂

but we can’t force someone to express their thoughts about the product.

Which leads me to say the following…

The OP, being a lawyer as he claims to be, should know - or at least be aware - that not only there’s the right to freedom of expression and opinion, but also the right to remain silent - legal principle which applies to every aspect of life, not only to criminal procedure.

Rights are never discussed or negotiated, but are demanded and enforced!

Hey, look who’s back stirring things up yet once again.

Why do you think it should be compulsory for people to leave reviews? And no, saying that they are important to sellers is not a good reason to force people to do so

Let me know your opinion below

I thought I remembered @hassannawaz0303! :thinking:

I also do not think reviews should be compulsory. I have friends who are buyers. One used to leave the most glowing reviews—she is a writer, no wonder they were well written. However, she stopped leaving reviews when Fiverr started posing reviews on buyer’s pages.

There were two or three reasons she did so. But the most significant one was that she valued her privacy and did not want others to know what she was ordering.

I have never asked for a review. I am, however, known for my friendly, polite demeanor and fantastic proofreading services. Therefore, my buyers have left me reviews 82% of the time.

I agree with @catwriter. If, as a seller, it was in TOS that I must leave a review. I would go elsewhere to make my purchases. I think Fiverr realizes this, too, so making reviews compulsory is not going to happen.

Majority of the reviews I see for sellers:

5 good job

Majority of reviews I see for clients:

Thank you.

Really not helpful at all for potential clients. Just have a great profile, well written gigs, and a nice gig picture. The 5% that actually writes a review are wasting their time, no one reads it. 🎈

Edit: You may want to proofread, there are a few errors. It may deter buyers.

Also, I noticed that you capitalized the first letter of each word. I can’t speak for other countries, but from the USA POV, it looks unnatural and makes it difficult to read.

Just a suggestion. Good luck to you and my very best in your success, where ever you decide to work. 🙂

No, because that would drop the reviews across the board, and would look worse for everyone. If I feel “meh” about something, I probably won’t leave a 3 star review, I’ll just go away. If I’m “forced” to leave a review, I will be annoyed by that and that “no review” can turn into a 2 star review.

People who loved it, will leave a review regardless. People who hate it, will leave a review regardless. People who feel “meh” about it, will leave no review now, and would leave mediocre reviews with your suggestion. As a seller, that would be a bad change just looking at it mathematically.

No, I believe the customer should have a choice whether they want to leave a review. They are paying for a service and want what they paid for. Some customers don’t have the time to leave reviews it’s up to them. But I think Fiverr should include number of completed orders in the gig/profile that way customers can see how many past jobs you have done.

No, I believe the customer should have a choice whether they want to leave a review. They are paying for a service and want what they paid for. Some customers don’t have the time to leave reviews it’s up to them. But I think Fiverr should include number of completed orders in the gig/profile that way customers can see how many past jobs you have done.

But I think Fiverr should include number of completed orders in the gig/profile that way customers can see how many past jobs you have done.

This is a suggestion that I had never seen or thought of, but seems extremely simple to implement and makes quite a bit of sense. It would take a developer like 10 minutes to do that, and it’s not like it’s sensible information.

I appreciate the opinion 🙂

Majority of the reviews I see for sellers:

5 good job

Majority of reviews I see for clients:

Thank you.

Really not helpful at all for potential clients. Just have a great profile, well written gigs, and a nice gig picture. The 5% that actually writes a review are wasting their time, no one reads it. 🎈

Edit: You may want to proofread, there are a few errors. It may deter buyers.

Also, I noticed that you capitalized the first letter of each word. I can’t speak for other countries, but from the USA POV, it looks unnatural and makes it difficult to read.

Just a suggestion. Good luck to you and my very best in your success, where ever you decide to work. 🙂

The 5% that actually writes a review are wasting their time, no one reads it

The buyers who want to buy a service shall surely read a few comments/reviews especially if the order fee is kinda big

Also, I noticed that you capitalized the first letter of each word

Really did i do that :thinking:

The 5% that actually writes a review are wasting their time, no one reads it

The buyers who want to buy a service shall surely read a few comments/reviews especially if the order fee is kinda big

Also, I noticed that you capitalized the first letter of each word

Not consistently, but in some phrases…

Why do you think it should be compulsory for people to leave reviews? And no, saying that they are important to sellers is not a good reason to force people to do so

Let me know your opinion below

Hey see who’s back who also stir things more which I am already stirring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Actually I have been posting a few lines in recent days. I think you missed them

And no, saying that they are important to sellers is not a good reason to force people to do so

Yes surely it is not enough that why I said its a moral duty to do it not a legal/contractual one. I mean come onnnn if somebody has given you good service , do give them a review

Opinion done mic drop 🙃

Archived