Fiverr Community Forum

Manyglyphs is Out

Fiverr demoted me last month, and their app is taking great delight in threatening me daily with another big red blinking demotion. Wouldn’t it be great if Fiverr put as much effort into finding us work as they do in threatening us?

I’m going to lose five more good gigs in a couple weeks along with a lot of good reviews. I haven’t gotten any orders to speak of in six months, so it likely doesn’t matter any more.

I earned level two seller status the very moment I was eligible for it. It’s gone and I’ll never get it back. Fiverr has taken a page from our old friend Microsoft. They’ve cut off my air supply.

Let this be a lesson to those of you who build your homes on someone else’s land. One day there will be a knock at the door, and all you have will be taken from you.

And there won’t be a thing you can do about it. Now that I have the extra time, perhaps I’ll put my writing skills to use recounting my experiences with Fiverr. I have a lot to say, and I control what gets published on my land.

Good luck.

2 Likes

For what reason were you demoted?

I believe you may have misunderstood a fundamental part of how fiverr works, they don’t find work you work. They give you a platform upon which you build your own business and a big part of that is finding work for yourself. What have you done to build your business?

2 Likes

So far, the OP created two topics to rant about the same thing, and haven’t responded to anyone who commented.

4 Likes

Hmm,

Well, OP did say Manyglyphs is Out so I assume OP already exited the :classical_building: building?

4 Likes

I miss her already. 20 characters

4 Likes

For what reason were you demoted?

I have a 4.7 star review average.

finding work for yourself.

I can do that without Fiverr.

What have you done to build your business?

I’ve written a million words of commercial fiction in less than two years. I’ve delivered more than 1200 freelance projects in the last three years. Since 2011 I’ve produced 55 interactive titles with retail sales north of $5 million. I recruited and trained a team of 40 people on four continents to deliver more than 3000 commercial-quality color illustrations to a single client in less than 11 months. I built a 115 site advertising network with more than 70,000 readers a day.

None of that work involved Fiverr or any other freelancing site.

What have you done to build your business?

so I assume OP already exited the building?

Since there is no way I can practically avoid having my gigs and my hard-won reviews deleted in 11 days, for all intents and purposes my Fiverr career is over. I’m just sweeping up at this point.

1 Like

Would that not be your business activities as opposed to the building of the business, marketing, promotion etc?
Anyway, I think you are giving the power of levels way too much credence.

2 Likes

Would that not be your business activities as opposed to the building of the business, marketing, promotion etc?

I found 1200 clients without doing any marketing or promotion?

I think you are giving the power of levels way too much credence.

Fiverr is deleting my gigs and my reviews.

Where did these clients come from? They didn’t just guess that you could provide the service they wanted.

Two of your 10 gigs have no sales and 4 of them are slight variations of the same thing. With some little changes you would not need more than 5-6 gigs to still offer the same things. Your reviews are not deleted, they stay on your profile.

2 Likes

Where did these clients come from?

They came from a happy land of flowers and chirping birds.

They didn’t just guess that you could provide the service they wanted.

Imagine that.

With some little changes you would not need more than 5-6 gigs to still offer the same things.

So Fiverr is altering the deal? Should I pray they don’t alter it any further?

You’re not taking me seriously, so I’m not taking you seriously either. Is that what this forum is basically? The Fiverr faithful dogpile and shout down the uppity peasants?

Your reviews are not deleted, they stay on your profile.

So all my future clients will know my gigs were deleted. That sounds grand. Why would anyone invest the time and effort building up another level two seller status if we know it can be taken away from us any time Fiverr feels like it?

I’m really looking forward to a future where I do all my work with a gloved hand around my neck. Aren’t you?

1 Like

Not sure why you think that. I asked how you got 1200 clients without any marketing or promotion as that is a pretty impressive feat.

The level status is maintained as long as you qualify for it. Same as many types of award systems but I would reiterate that you are taking it too seriously. From what I can see, you don’t need to have 20 gigs or even 10, I cant see what the big deal is here.

I sincerely doubt any potential client will take the time to try match up your reviews with the relevant gigs which is what it would take for them to realize gigs were deleted. Besides, people pause, delete and alter gigs all the time so “missing gigs” do not necessarily mean they were removed by Fiverr.

No. But when someone makes statements, other people may agree, disagree, query or otherwise give an opinion about them. That’s what a forum is for. As long as the forum rules are respected then it is fine to do so. You seem to not like what I said - that’s ok - however my queries and comments were from a place of genuine curiosity and a completely different opinion. I got TRS last month, it hasnt made much difference. I sincerely doubt it has made any real difference to my sales as I rely on myself to gain clients and sell myself to potential buyers - the awarding (or removal) of a badge is not something I give much credence to. At some point I will be demoted again and that doesn’t bother me at all.

6 Likes

I asked how you got 1200 clients without any marketing or promotion

I never said I did. That’s what I mean by not taking me seriously.

I rely on myself to gain clients and sell myself to potential buyers

Well at least then Fiverr can’t take what you’ve earned.

Why offer seller status at all if they’re just going to take it away? Why should I work hard to build up good gigs if they’re going to be deleted month to month? What if I have repeat buyers? Are they just out of luck? Why is Fiverr actively working against me when they have a vested interest in my sales?

Did Fiverr consider any of this before they took a chainsaw to my account and my relationships with my buyers?

Is this why Fiverr is blanketing YouTube with ads? So they can replace all the sellers they’re kicking out for no reason?

What’s Fiverr going to be like when buyers know in advance they can get your account demoted by leaving negative feedback or deliberately refusing delivery and running out the clock, or issuing a chargeback, or a dispute?

At some point I will be demoted again and that doesn’t bother me at all.

I will be demoted again in 11 days. Everything I’ve built on Fiverr in the last two years will be gone by then.

1 Like

This seems to have been a misunderstanding - I did not see/take notice of the question mark at the end of this comment

You get it for as long as you qualify - like Michelin stars, for example.

Fiverr is a platform with a lot of sellers, what you perceive as Fiverr working against you is likely better for the whole platform - or at least that is likely the aim. I don’t see how being demoted has any effect on your relationships with regular clients - not one of mine has mentioned my promotion (I didn’t want much, just a cake or a card would suffice).

I think the world has more normal people that you are giving credit for. Yeah, some demotions will be unfair but I believe Fiverr will work to minimize those as much as possible. Any business can be hit with unfair reviews - Tripadvisor, and any number of review sites are available to sully the name of any business anywhere. It just doesnt happen that often. My approach has been to never cancel an order after delivery - it gets me some negatives but so what? Every business gets negatives now and then.

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. You just wont have a badge on your profile. NOTHING ELSE will change.

2 Likes

NOTHING ELSE will change.

Losing level one status will cost me three of my gigs and force me to rework all the others to drop extras and change pricing. I’m sure I’ll be relegated to page 268 of the search results as well.

2 of your gigs have 0 reviews.
2 of your gigs have 1 review each.
It is hardly going to affect you at all.

2 Likes

2 of your gigs have 0 reviews. 2 of your gigs have 1 review each.

Not quite Ivy League enough. I guess I don’t get bread with my meatball.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I did not mean that as a put down or negative. My point is that removing those will make no difference to you. If they all had similar numbers of reviews then I would understand it being annoying to have some removed but as it stands, it does not make sense to react so strongly to something which actually won’t affect you at all.

Edit: Look, we didnt get off on the right foot as I misread something you said and you thought I was throwing shade or something. That wasnt the case.
Now that we have cleared that up, I suggest you take another look at what I have said and suggested from the perspective that I am trying to be helpful.

6 Likes

Have you considered that @eoinfinnegan is giving you good advice, if you stopped the tantrum, and throwing your toys out of the crib, there might be some wisdom there?

6 Likes
1 Like

I’m pretty sure hell includes a trip to the post office or DMV as well. :grinning:

2 Likes