Marketing your gigs with FB ads

screenscribe

Hey everyone,

I am exploring the possibility of advertising my gigs via Facebook ads. Has anyone tried this? If so, what has been your experience?

My Fiverr sales have practically dried up in the last few months. So, I’m considering placing a couple ads on Facebook to see if I can drive some sales.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

I tried to create a fb ad for one of my gig once but I received a notification from fb that my ad failed to be approved. Perhaps anyone tried it succesfully?

Interesting… :thinking:

I wonder if FB blacklisted Fiverr? I ran ads in the past and they were approved.

Can anybody confirm this?

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you spend on the ad? and did you see any improvements in your sales?

I don’t recommend it. People spend a few hundred dollars there and almost instantly it’s gone.

I’ve never tried it but I wouldn’t. It’s not going to work for a small budget and someone without any FB ad experience.

It is not a place where you can put a tiny ad, someone sees it and goes to your gig and decides to buy it. That’s not how ads on FB work typically. Big budgets of $100,000 or more might make people aware of a company’s products or get that brand to people.

As far as having a FB page for your gigs I’m not sure that helps much either.

Facebook Ads are very tricky. I’ve had clients post videos to Facebook Ads and one was rejected because there was too much text on the screen. I recommended that instead of mostly text, he use mostly voice-over and that seemed to work ok.

The other was rejected because the FB Icon I used was the previous version and not their current version. I recommended we not use social media icons at all because you never know when companies change logos. That seemed to work. Besides anyone who really wanted his Social Media could see it prominently on his website.

So from this I learned:
Use a voice-over and avoid social media icons. Less text on screen showing the better.

Personally, I think running an ad campaign to promote your listing on a site that doesn’t belong to you is just pure insanity. Who can guarantee that the user won’t click on somebody else’s gig and make a purchase there instead of your gig?

Get your own site, advertise that all you want, and create the funnel from your own site to fiverr for closing transactions.

Based on the horror stories I’ve heard, your fiverr account could be disabled at any given moment thanks to some psychopath buyer. Build your own brand, build your own site, just use fiverr for transaction processing and communicating with buyers.

Hey folks, thanks for all the great feedback.

I have used FB ads before to market my substantive business so I’m fairly confident I won’t go over budget. I have a website for my business. My writing gig is a source of extra income for me. As such, I am not yet sure whether I want to go through the trouble of setting up, managing and marketing another website. If I do decide to go that route, though, it’s highly unlikely I’ll be paying to drive sales to my website to lead them to Fiverr to close the sale. It would be better to close the sale on my website.

I’ve just set up a small FB ad campaign and I’ll let you guys know if there are any results 🙂

• 1 year later...

Yes you can promote your fiverr gigs via Facebook ads since fiverr already promoting its services and websites through fb ads. You can have two benefits to promote via Facebook ads that you will get order + affiliate comission by introducing and referring new client to fiverr website.but you need to be very expert while running fb ads. For more details www.efreelancingincome.com

I contacted customer support once regarding this, and they told me it’s fine with Fiverr if you market your gigs on Facebook, but that Facebook itself removes a lot of ads for gigs on Fiverr.

For that reason, this is what I’ve done:

I created a professional landing page that promotes the services I offer on Fiverr. I then market that landing page on Facebook, and I avoid using the name “Fiverr” in the marketing itself.

That drives traffic to my landing page, and the landing page lead new clients to my Fiverr gig.

Archived