Maximum Tip amount?

jamescott

I just tried to tip a seller $50 for going above and beyond, but got an error message stating that the tip must fall into a certain range. I think it was $2 to $25. I can’t figure out why fiverr would place a limit on a tip amount. There must be a reason, and if you know, please share it with me. Thanks!

If there is a limit then i think you should tip the seller twice. If that’s is still not possible, then you can order a $25 gig from the seller.

tip depends on your total order price and you cannot pay more than your original order price like if you make an order of 25$ you cannot make tip more than 25$

if you make an order of 250$ in this case you cannot pay more than 250$ so tip amount will be between 2$ to 250$

that’s all

tip depends on your total order price and you cannot pay more than your original order price like if you make an order of 25$ you cannot make tip more than 25$

if you make an order of 250$ in this case you cannot pay more than 250$ so tip amount will be between 2$ to 250$

that’s all

I’m not sure about that. That $25 tip was on a $10 order.

I think AsadKhalid is right, I have occasionally received tip equals actual order price but never received tip more than order’s actual amount.

I got a tip recently of 40$ there’s no limit on how much you can tip as long as it’s equal or under the total order price.

More info : https://buyers.fiverr.com/en/article/how-do-i-leave-the-seller-a-tip

I got $100 tip the other day so pretty sure it’s because of the gig amount. The next time you can request gig extras from a seller and pass it off as a tip

The next time you can request gig extras from a seller and pass it off as a tip

I would be careful doing that, you might get caught breaking some TOS.

I guess now that I think about it, tips are also only 80% commission, so what difference would it make for Fiverr?

The next time you can request gig extras from a seller and pass it off as a tip

I would be careful doing that, you might get caught breaking some TOS.

I guess now that I think about it, tips are also only 80% commission, so what difference would it make for Fiverr?

It’s not breaking any TOS as far as I know. Fiverr still takes fees from tips as regular. So they get the same payment.

It’s not breaking any TOS as far as I know. Fiverr still takes fees from tips as regular. So they get the same payment.

It’s not breaking any TO

But one of them is counting as a new order. Each order effects directly/inderctly your ranking, gig search result etc. This is the point.

No, not an order. I was referring to gig extra. Pretty sure I said gig extra

Yes I understand it but If you deliver an order and the buyer rate it, you cant send any gig extra. Even you can’t know if your buyer will leave you a tip without deliver your order. Thats why I point a new gig as a tip.

Yes I understand it but If you deliver an order and the buyer rate it, you cant send any gig extra. Even you can’t know if your buyer will leave you a tip without deliver your order. Thats why I point a new gig as a tip.

Okay. It would apply for buyers who know how the tipping system works. It would also help considerably if Fiverr allows buyer and seller the ability to extend the window to review a work. Three days to cover a full length novel may not be reasonable. Before you know it, the order is automatically marked before the client can get back to you. Although sellers are the ones who benefit from this.

A situation. You’re to do a work for a client that is 4k words and it extends to 8k. Of course the client already states if it goes over fine and they will pay for the extra. You send the gig extra but client is unresponsive. I later found out her sister had died. The result is that the order closed and so the gig extra was automatically declined. In that instance, what is the best route?

Okay. It would apply for buyers who know how the tipping system works. It would also help considerably if Fiverr allows buyer and seller the ability to extend the window to review a work. Three days to cover a full length novel may not be reasonable. Before you know it, the order is automatically marked before the client can get back to you. Although sellers are the ones who benefit from this.

Buyers can review a gig up to 30 days past gig completion. It’s not a 3 day limit.

Archived