May sellers offer a type of warranty/insurance for their services' gig extra

discordmax

Hello! I’m wondering if sellers are allowed to offer a kind of warranty or insurance for their gig’s service. Let’s say someone were to be purchasing a service to have something created for them, but then said created product gets lost somehow (after the buyer receives the finished product) - would buyers be able to purchase something along the lines of insurance or warranty as a gig extra beforehand, that lasts let’s say for a year of coverage? So then if they were to buy that gig extra, the seller would then remake their finished product at no extra cost.

Sorry! Hope I worded that correctly. I wasn’t able to find a direct answer anywhere before asking here.

As far as I know Fiverr does not support seller’s support 🙂 after order is completed.

Once the order is completed, it’s completed.

However, I believe additional support selected and paid by clients as extra would be much appreciated especially in some categories like web development, programming, etc…

That could cover something like this for example.

SCR2.thumb.png.2ff88e01bbc3ba9c1be498f749fb991b.png
SCR21332×678 36.1 KB

It depends on what the service is but if it is something that can be saved on computer you can as buyer ask seller is he willing to save the files he made for your order in case you need it again.

I do not know what others are doing but me as graphic designer and video editor I get a lot of returning clients asking me to do “this” the same way as “that before”. From first order I got on Fiverr i started collecting all the data in unique folders. So I have all my orders in folders that contain all that I used for to complete the order, the custom drawings I created, animation, fonts, everything.

Sometimes buyer do not pay for the source file but want edits in the future for extra charge so it is logical that I keep the files.

But I am operating with 5-10 TB of storage minimum so I can use the space.

Some sellers do not have this option.

As far as I know Fiverr does not support seller’s support 🙂 after order is completed.

Once the order is completed, it’s completed.

However, I believe additional support selected and paid by clients as extra would be much appreciated especially in some categories like web development, programming, etc…

That could cover something like this for example.

@marinapomorac @blavaro thank you both! Looks like it wouldn’t hurt to play around with the idea and experiment.

I think you need to look at what being a freelancer in a Gig economy is all about.

I work for someone. I have promised (or agreed) to provide a certain service for payment from the Client.

Once I deliver and the Client accepts, the arrangement ends.

It is done.

I may get another job from this Buyer, I may not.

They are not obligated to hire me again and I am not obligated to work for them again.

It’s not like you are an employee and they are an employer.

You don’t get medical benefits from them.

You work, you get paid, you move on.

I think you need to look at what being a freelancer in a Gig economy is all about.

I work for someone. I have promised (or agreed) to provide a certain service for payment from the Client.

It is done.

They are not obligated to hire me again and I am not obligated to work for them again.

Depends on the service.

If I hire a plumber I would very much appreciate it if he could at least remember how he arranged pipes so I do not have to dig up half of the house to fix the one going into the bathroom.

If I hire an IT guy to set up my server I would kindly appreciate it if he would either label the wires or give me some indication of what is what and list of IP address. But after that he is free.

Deleting your previous work is a choice. Some people do it. I never delete anything. Most of the time because I do so much and create so much that after some time I even have no idea I completed the work.

I was going to write a new book that came to my head and I knew I had a similar idea last year. To my surprise when I looked at how to name the new file I found a file with a similar name, puf - 300 pages book done and ready, waiting for print formating. I literally have no idea when did I do it.

I work 12-16 hours a day every day and I jump from one project to another as per need and saving everything is crucial. I even have a clone of all my work on three HDD.

My vote is to keep things for each order done in a folder. If you can’t compensate for the loss of space on your HDD, then delete it.

It is done.

Fair enough, I understand that mindset. Seems like it comes down to what’s in the best interest of both you and the client - and of course what the gig is about as a whole.

I can think of some creative ways that an insurance/warranty could act as a good financial boost while also giving a peace of mind to your buyers that you’ve got their back if the worst were to happen (such as them losing their work after you hand it off to them). But then I think of the potential cons too. Is it worth it in the end? Does it make you look like you’re money grabbing? Will somebody think of a way to exploit you? So on and so forth.

I guess really the best way to find out is to give it a test run and see what the results are, then go from there.

Fair enough, I understand that mindset. Seems like it comes down to what’s in the best interest of both you and the client - and of course what the gig is about as a whole.

I can think of some creative ways that an insurance/warranty could act as a good financial boost while also giving a peace of mind to your buyers that you’ve got their back if the worst were to happen (such as them losing their work after you hand it off to them). But then I think of the potential cons too. Is it worth it in the end? Does it make you look like you’re money grabbing? Will somebody think of a way to exploit you? So on and so forth.

I guess really the best way to find out is to give it a test run and see what the results are, then go from there.

It’s also up to the buyer - to responsibly take care of their purchased product - and as @looseink stated once you deliver a service and the client agrees, your contract ends.

Depending on the service you can offer revisions - which is essentially the same idea. If a buyer isn’t happy, they can ask for a revision.

That said, I offer no revisions for any of my services… but I am in advertising.

Archived