Fiverr Community Forum

Maybe It's Not the Buyer, Maybe It's You: A Buyer's Perspective

Obviously I have been following that one as well. In fact, I have rewatched it several times. And now that you mention it, will probably do so again this weekend. :wink:

It was a WoW raid, as I recall. I’ve heard about this, too. Zack Snyder called him that he got the role and he didn’t answer his phone because he was in the middle of a raid. Understandably, though, if you’ve ever taken part in a raid.

1 Like

Lol! No. My son has tho …

Apparently Cavil is also a witcher fan - keeps his costume on when he gets home, cuz it feels so cool …

3 Likes

He actually played the games. It’s why he nails the character. You can only do that if you know the games. The books don’t capture it in the same way, I’ve been told (I only played the games). The role was speculated to go to Mads Mikkelsen (another great actor I like), so I was personally sceptical when I found out Henry Cavill got the role (although I like him). I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the first trailer and I was hooked after the first episode. I will never not get chills down my spine when he first appears with all the toxicity (eyes black and black veins) as he slays the creature in the first episode. That part in particular stays very true to the lore and is also very present in the games.

Edit: This scene:

4 Likes

Lol! We should get back on topic.

I hope you feel better now … and that Frank has helped.

2 Likes

Haven’t heard from him yet, but no big deal. I can wait. Not in a hurry.

Didn’t he say you should message him … ? Or does that mean you already have and that he hasn’t answered yet … ?

2 Likes

That’s why I haven’t DM’d him yet. I figured he’d get back to me when he can. No rush.

Have you messaged him or not? If you haven’t, you should do so now.

He’s not going to chase you if you give the impression you’re not interested.

4 Likes

Well, I did now. Wasn’t sure whether I should. Didn’t wanna give off the impression I’m begging or something.

1 Like

He offered. Taking him up on it isn’t begging. It’s pretty much a privilage to get that offer …

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your experience. You mentioned the seller saying “it will effect our account “. It seems like the gig you choose is not run by one person. It’s possible that you did not know this prior to choosing that particular gig. It sounds like there’s a few people or a ‘team’ that runs those gigs. If you choose to give it another chance and start over I would suggest asking if it’s a team or an individual’s that will be working on the project. I wish you the best of luck.

I did know. Fairly common to see sellers with “we are a team of X”. Not sure what difference it makes.

Not a chance. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

2 Likes

I am sorry but am I the only one who is a bit worried about how much people spend on emojis…

1 Like

Why does that matter to you? They cost me about $8.50 each. Not that bad. And I wanted to give something back to my viewers. After all, I get ad revenue. Might as well invest back into the channel.

4 Likes

Ah, so it’s inspired by The Witcher! The third game’s side quests are very amusing. :ok_hand:t2: Best of luck for the rest of your project!

1 Like

Thank you for your patience @captainwarlord I was able to respond to your PM.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes