Merry Christmas 2020

listinglord

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family has traditions that we follow almost every year. We get a tree (we either go out in the mountains and tag and bag one ourselves, or try to find one in town on the lot), but it’s always gotta be a real one! This year’s was a mountain tree lol, they wanted $60 for one on the lot this year- uummmm, how about no 🤨.

We decorate the tree with the same ornaments that my parents have had since the dawn of time, and a few new ones that my mom bought when we were old enough not to destroy them when us kids would be rough housing ☠️.

We started having a charcuterie board dinner many years ago as a way to celebrate my uncle’s birthday, which falls on this month, and because my family likes to eat 🍴. So, we started having the dinner and decorating the tree on the same day.

We always open our presents on Christmas day, but we also exchange a few presents with our neighbors, as it’s a tight-knit, tiny community here. We will have to change our plans alittle this year because of COVID, but we’ll find a way to exchange presents safely.

That’s pretty much the whole of it 😆, sorry if this was kinda long lol. Christmas has always been special to us, but my family has seen loss and heartbreak over the years, and when my dad passed a few years ago, Christmas became even more meaningful- sobering, too, because of everything- but we’re stubborn people, and we try to enjoy ourselves and love one another.

My family has traditions that we follow almost every year. We get a tree (we either go out in the mountains and tag and bag one ourselves, or try to find one in town on the lot), but it’s always gotta be a real one! This year’s was a mountain tree lol, they wanted $60 for one on the lot this year- uummmm, how about no 🤨.

We decorate the tree with the same ornaments that my parents have had since the dawn of time, and a few new ones that my mom bought when we were old enough not to destroy them when us kids would be rough housing ☠️.

We started having a charcuterie board dinner many years ago as a way to celebrate my uncle’s birthday, which falls on this month, and because my family likes to eat 🍴. So, we started having the dinner and decorating the tree on the same day.

We always open our presents on Christmas day, but we also exchange a few presents with our neighbors, as it’s a tight-knit, tiny community here. We will have to change our plans alittle this year because of COVID, but we’ll find a way to exchange presents safely.

That’s pretty much the whole of it 😆, sorry if this was kinda long lol. Christmas has always been special to us, but my family has seen loss and heartbreak over the years, and when my dad passed a few years ago, Christmas became even more meaningful- sobering, too, because of everything- but we’re stubborn people, and we try to enjoy ourselves and love one another.

Your plans sound like a Hallmark channel holiday movie when compared to mine. 🎄

Your plans sound like a Hallmark channel holiday movie when compared to mine. 🎄

A few years, it’s looked more like National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation lol :crazy_face:. I’ll never forget that time, we put our tree in the back of the pickup, and it blew out onto the highway on our way home. We named that tree Kevin 😆

Wish you are Marry Christmas ❤️

A few years, it’s looked more like National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation lol :crazy_face:. I’ll never forget that time, we put our tree in the back of the pickup, and it blew out onto the highway on our way home. We named that tree Kevin 😆

You have some Unforgettable memories ❤️

Keep warm, tinker with equipment, and having myself a year old can of pâté, cheese, and crackers.

If anyone genuinely finds that exciting, I’d be flabbergasted. 😉

pâté, cheese, and crackers.

Where’s the wine!!?? If you’re gonna get pate’, cheese, and crackers you NEED wine! :rofl:

(If you don’t like wine or simply don’t drink, please ignore this)

I would have a classic family function without COVID, I guess, but we are where we are. :roll_eyes: We’ll be at home and have different lunch courses for the first time in many years.

Anyways… just ordered some expensive headphones which will come on the 21st/22th, so I’ll have to test them out in the following days. If Carti also really drops Whole Lotta Red on the 25th, I’m throwing a listening party in my room. 😂

This said, the real deal will be January. I’ll renovate my room. Know which new bed, desk, wardrobe to get already and so on.

pâté, cheese, and crackers.

Where’s the wine!!?? If you’re gonna get pate’, cheese, and crackers you NEED wine! :rofl:

(If you don’t like wine or simply don’t drink, please ignore this)

Wine and cheese is a mandatory Christmas thing.

I refuse to believe Santa exists until I have a glass of wine and some brie. Okay maybe a few glasses.

Archived