Message convert into buyer

nimrakhan123

Hey folks, hope you all are will fine. this post is only for newbies.

According to my Fiverr experience, communication skills matters a lot to convert a message into buyer or buyer into client. so here many seller are not English native speaker, my suggestion for those kindly improve your English.
If a buyer belongs to US then try to use US format English.
If a buyer belongs to England then try to use England format English. this will help you out to generate more sales.
PS: Mostly I get my 80% orders via inbox instead of direct order through gig, Communication skill is the key of Fiverr.

How can a non-native English speaker switch to using “US format/native English” ?

Your tip sounds like:
“if someone comes at you with a math problem, my pro tip is for you to be good at math”.

Listening to the prospect and the problem they are looking to solve, then replying in a timely manner, asking questions first, is a much better tip.

If your English is not on par, then practice makes perfect. There are tons of free materials online, and some cheap services where you just s***e with tutors to help improve conversational skills.

According to my Fiverr experience, communication skills matters a lot to convert a message into buyer or buyer into client. so here many seller are not English native speaker, my suggestion for those kindly improve your English.

If a buyer belongs to England then try to use England format English. this will help you out to generate more sales.

PS: Mostly I get my 80% orders via inbox instead of direct order through gig, Communication skill is the key of Fiverr.

I am a native US English Speaker. When I communicate with my friends who are from England, Scotland or Ireland I do not need to adjust my English for us to understand each other because when we communicate on Fiverr there are no accents. So I am puzzled when you say:

If a buyer belongs to US then use US format/native English.

If a buyer belongs to England then use England format English.

I also want to say I am impressed by all my buyers who have worked to learn English and can communicate with me, even if we have to send sentences back and forth to clarify things sometimes.

How can a non-native English speaker switch to using “US format/native English” ?

Your tip sounds like:

“if someone comes at you with a math problem, my pro tip is for you to be good at math”.

Listening to the prospect and the problem they are looking to solve, then replying in a timely manner, asking questions first, is a much better tip.

If your English is not on par, then practice makes perfect. There are tons of free materials online, and some cheap services where you just s***e with tutors to help improve conversational skills.

I mentioned above “improve your English and deal a buyer with their culture” Means newbies should workout on their English and understand the differences of both UK and USA, If a person will workout on his/her English hopefully they will become good in it.

I am a native US English Speaker. When I communicate with my friends who are from England, Scotland or Ireland I do not need to adjust my English for us to understand each other because when we communicate on Fiverr there are no accents. So I am puzzled when you say:

If a buyer belongs to US then use US format/native English.

If a buyer belongs to England then use England format English.

I also want to say I am impressed by all my buyers who have worked to learn English and can communicate with me, even if we have to send sentences back and forth to clarify things sometimes.

I just simply share my experience that how i get more orders just because of communication skills.

I mentioned above “improve your English and deal a buyer with their culture” Means newbies should workout on their English and understand the differences of both UK and USA, If a person will workout on his/her English hopefully they will become good in it.

I speak with people from all around the world and not once did I have to change how I speak or look into the buyer’s culture in order to make a sale.

I speak with people from all around the world and not once did I have to change how I speak or look into the buyer’s culture in order to make a sale.

Agree. I think it is more important to be yourself and speak in your own voice. I were commenting to someone in the US and my comment was “Wow, what bevavior!” I would not reformat it to “Blimey, what bevaviour!” speaking to @offlinehelpers That seems cheesy to me.

Agree. I think it is more important to be yourself and speak in your own voice. I were commenting to someone in the US and my comment was “Wow, what bevavior!” I would not reformat it to “Blimey, what bevaviour!” speaking to @offlinehelpers That seems cheesy to me.

But in this post my main focus was that newbies should improve their English communication level to get more orders.

But in this post my main focus was that newbies should improve their English communication level to get more orders.

Agree, but there is a difference between learning a language and trying to emulate a native speaker. This is what leads to me being called “Dear” by bearded men every day.

and deal a buyer with their culture.

We are commenting on that part of your post.

Is that why you opened with “hey folks”?

Are you practicing what you preach?

newbies should improve their English communication level

I agree wholeheartedly but your tip was that they need to speak natively US.

Somehow you are right, but in my opinion seller should know English differences and accent, they help a lot as i noticed. It is same like as if you are and indian and i talk to you in Hindi, it will more attract you instead talk in English. getting my point ?

Somehow you are right, but in my opinion seller should know English differences and accent, they help a lot as i noticed. It is same like as if you are and indian and i talk to you in Hindi, it will more attract you instead talk in English. getting my point ?

Somehow I think you are trying too hard, which would put me off if I were a prospect of yours.

Just saying.

Hindu vs English is not the same.

You need to speak the latter in order to sell internationally.

Anyway that’s all I had.

Best of luck in your attempts to sound Irish!

Somehow I think you are trying too hard, which would put me off if I were a prospect of yours.

Just saying.

Hindu vs English is not the same.

You need to speak the latter in order to sell internationally.

Anyway that’s all I had.

LOL

I dunno, how our 🍀

@offlinehelpers accent is just lovely, I think her little sayings rubs off on me. 😍

English and understand the differences of both UK and USA

Your English is neither of them. I think your success is the result of other skills you offer.

LOL

I dunno, how our 🍀

@offlinehelpers accent is just lovely, I think her little sayings rubs off on me. 😍

@offlinehelpers accent is just lovely, I think her little sayings rubs off on me.

Yes, I’m just not sure how she’d feel about us talking like Dick Van Dyke’s chimney sweep. I assume she’d give us a kick right in the bum. 🍑

@offlinehelpers accent is just lovely, I think her little sayings rubs off on me.

Yes, I’m just not sure how she’d feel about us talking like Dick Van Dyke’s chimney sweep. I assume she’d give us a kick right in the bum. 🍑

I assume she’d give us a kick right in the bum. 🍑

Correction: YOUR 🍑 lol :sweat_smile:

My lovely 🍑 can’t have 👣

LOL

I dunno, how our 🍀

I dunno, how our 🍀

One of my US clients loves the fact that I am from Ireland. However, he has recently started using what he calls “Irish slang” which I have to Google to try understand as nothing he says has made any sense. I didn’t have the heart to tell him the first time and now it has been 3 months of nonsensical “Irishness” so I can’t suddenly say “Eh, wat??” now.

Truth is that everyone in the UK and Ireland has grown up watching US tv so people should just focus on that. It is the language of the internet (to be sure, to be sure)

Arse - I’d kick you right up the arse! :rofl:

As would @eoinfinnegan possibly, and Father Ted (see ‘Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse’!

I feel like a cross between Mel Gibson in Braveheart, Dick van Dyke, Mick out of Eastenders and I’m not sure what else! 🙂

In reality, I’m a Scottish female version of Father Dougal!

I dunno, how our 🍀

One of my US clients loves the fact that I am from Ireland. However, he has recently started using what he calls “Irish slang” which I have to Google to try understand as nothing he says has made any sense. I didn’t have the heart to tell him the first time and now it has been 3 months of nonsensical “Irishness” so I can’t suddenly say “Eh, wat??” now.

Truth is that everyone in the UK and Ireland has grown up watching US tv so people should just focus on that. It is the language of the internet (to be sure, to be sure)

N’fheadar má dhéanann sé seo ciall

Archived