Fiverr Community Forum

Messages reported as SPAM to avoid answering

Hi there,

I just figured out that my buyer account has got blocked. When I tried to log in to this, I’ve got a notification that I violate some terms & conditions by sending spam messages. Despite I never send spam.

Seriously, how is it possible that my account got banned because of this if I never sent spam to anyone?

Let’s think: a month ago I tried to find a person who is good at lead generation. However, since the Fiverr marketplace consists of thousands of unqualified freelancers, who will write on their profiles to you whatever you want to hear to get the job, I was needing to send probably 10 to 15 messages to different freelancers in order to find the right person for my job. And what is interesting is that I have heard back just from a few of them. The rest of the freelancers just ignored my message request.

Probably I had to hire them without pre-messaging, but in this case, how could I make sure they fit well with my project? I knew, that if I hire and after I recognize freelancer is doing sh*t, I will need to open a dispute which negatively affects his/her rating. And I did not want it to happen.

That’s why I just sent 10-15 messages to different people with my project request before hiring someone of them.

And it seems like instead of providing me with a response on my request, those freelancers just reported my message as spam one. But again, THAT WAS NOT A SPAM. But they just did not want to reply to me since they are probably had no answers or them just not the ones who they claim to be - I don’t know.

So and just because those people did not want to provide me with the feedback on my project request, they marked my message as spam and that’s actually why I’ve got a note that I violate Fiverr terms and conditions and as a result, my account has to be blocked. But in fact it’s not true.

Does anyone know, how could I fight against such freelancers? It looks like the only chance to avoid this is to not work with low-rated and unqualified “professionals”, but how to find people from other countries if there is no such a filter on Fiverr? I will be happy to have an opportunity to not see freelancers from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and other similar countries in order, but how could I filter them? (I know there is a chance to run a search by freelancers from my country, but it’s not a solution).

How to avoid them, anyone knows?

1 Like

Did you send ONE message to 10-15 people or 10-15 messages each to different people?

You should contact the seller before ordering, but between the first message and second you should get a reply from seller, or at least some indication he/she is alive and seeing messages.

?? there is a filter of course. When you search for something you have a lot of options, and one of them is country of the seller.

Why not post buyers request and then take time reading replies instead of doing it backwards.

Hi Marina,

Thank you for your response.

Did you send ONE message to 10-15 people or 10-15 messages each to different people?

Of course, I sent just one message to every seller. As I mentioned before, I am not a spammer and I do have experience in communication, so I know for sure how to not be annoying.

?? there is a filter of course. When you search for something you have a lot of options, and one of them is country of the seller.

Thanks, I just found - have not seen it before.

Why not post buyers request and then take time reading replies instead of doing it backwards.

Because those professionals who are really good in their businesses never look for a job so that mean nobody well experience will be checking buyers requests to find new project.

This is very true.
The moment I become level one seller the buyer’s request is just ridicules to look at.
I sent one offer after obtaining Level one seller badge in BR and soon I discovered the client is a little confused and that earned me my one and only 4* rating.

But in that case, you have to pre-select to whom you gonna send your message. You have to make more in-depth tracing of reviews and portfolio. Backtrace couple of 5* ratings (search the buyer’s portfolio).

If you sent exactly the same message to all 10-15 sellers the system might have automatcially flagged your post as spam.

Also you’re not supposed to negatively name countries on the forum. The option to specify the countries you want sellers from is the only way to find sellers from those countries in the results list. You could also select the “local sellers” option. You could try a google search of Fiverr but it probably wouldn’t work as well.

3 Likes