Messaging should have call feature

swayam89

Fiverr messaging system is pretty much ok but I believe there should be a call feature just like s***e. Most of the times, I prefer having 1 to 1 call with client to clarify what they need and for me to understood the job and just text messaging is not gonna that much help. Even some times clients asks for other means of communication just for having a quick call but we’re not allowed to do as because of TOS.
So, I think Fiverr development team may look at some sort of solution for this in future. I would like to know thoughts from fiverr community, what they think about this ?

You can use special contact methods if you get approval from Support, it’s deemed necessary and info is exchanged on the order page. From the Terms:

• "Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page."

Just be sure Support agrees that it’s necessary and not being used abusively before you do it. People seem to misunderstand this a lot. Of course, just using s***e because you feel like it is a bad idea.

You can use special contact methods if you get approval from Support, it’s deemed necessary and info is exchanged on the order page. From the Terms:

• "Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page."

Just be sure Support agrees that it’s necessary and not being used abusively before you do it. People seem to misunderstand this a lot. Of course, just using s***e because you feel like it is a bad idea.

You can use special contact methods if you get approval from Support,

Really is that possible? I would be eager to know how ?

Of course, just using s***e because you feel like it is a bad idea

Its not specifically s***e, it was just for an example. In general, I was mentioning a call feature, I am not a fan of s***e, but if you see other freelancing platforms, they already started this feature and running successfully.

You can use special contact methods if you get approval from Support,

Of course, just using s***e because you feel like it is a bad idea

Its not specifically s***e, it was just for an example. In general, I was mentioning a call feature, I am not a fan of s***e, but if you see other freelancing platforms, they already started this feature and running successfully.

Reach out to customer service and explain why you need the call feature.

https://fiverr.com/support_tickets/new?source=help_center

You might get a slightly different answer depending on which agent responds, but as you can read from the TOS, if you need it to deliver a better service then it’s OK.

Although I would recommend that all the proposals and agreements are sent through the Fiverr messaging feature. Otherwise there’s no proof when something goes wrong.

Reach out to customer service and explain why you need the call feature.

https://fiverr.com/support_tickets/new?source=help_center

You might get a slightly different answer depending on which agent responds, but as you can read from the TOS, if you need it to deliver a better service then it’s OK.

Although I would recommend that all the proposals and agreements are sent through the Fiverr messaging feature. Otherwise there’s no proof when something goes wrong.

So, contact Support and ask them for permission to use s***e. As uxreview mentioned, there are down sides to all call methods:

I would recommend that all the proposals and agreements are sent through the Fiverr messaging feature. Otherwise there’s no proof when something goes wrong.

If Support agrees that you really need it, there is no need for some new feature. s***e is fine IF approved in writing first.

Archived