Metatrader Programming Gig Taken Down by Fiverr due to third party TOS violation

juraganet

Hi all!

I want to share my experience in Fiverr so you guys could be notified or probably share your experience to me.

I have a gig titled “build, modify Metatrader indicator, expert advisor, script”.
This gig is about programming service for the forex Metatrader platform.
This gig stands for about more than 5 years and been got pretty good ratings.

Recently I got my gig taken down with the following message:
Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers.

So, for you who have similar gig to me, be careful as yours might be the next one being taken down.

I don’t understand with their take down reason as they only said it is potentially violates third party TOS.
Maybe it violates Metatrader TOS?

Give me your best reply!

Update from fiverr:
It is Metatrader Enforcement team who requested to remove my gig.

Any comment on this?

Hi all!

I want to share my experience in Fiverr so you guys could be notified or probably share your experience to me.

I have a gig titled “build, modify Metatrader indicator, expert advisor, script”.

Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers.

So, for you who have similar gig to me, be careful as yours might be the next one being taken down.

I don’t understand with their take down reason as they only said it is potentially violates third party TOS.

Give me your best reply!

Update from fiverr:

Any comment on this?

That’s exactly what third party TOS violation is all about - the violation of the TOS of another site that your gig is dealing with, in this case Metatrader.

So either Metatrader themselves have reported your gig, or Fiverr wants to avoid having legal issues with Metatrader thus taking down such gigs.

Only Customer Support can give you the “best” reply, though, as we’re just buyers & sellers, so you should contact them and ask for further explanations.

Hi all!

Give me your best reply!

Update from fiverr:

Any comment on this?

In addition to what @woofy31 said,

this is something that you’re supposed to find out before creating the gig. It is your duty to ensure that you have the right to offer a specific service, and that offering that service isn’t going to break any laws, regulations, or a third party’s Terms of Service.

I do understand what’s Metatrader Programming Language do.
This gig is about the programming language, not about anything bad such as to hack the Metatrader application.

The Programming Language is widely used by anyone.

I think we should never mention about any trademarked thing in our gig and description and tag?

Update from fiverr:

Any comment on this?

Well, that sounds final, so there’s nothing to comment about that.

If Metatrader reported your gig and said it’s a no-no, then unfortunately that’s the end of the line.

However, you could get in touch with the Metatrader support team and reach to an agreement with them 😉

Guest offlinehelpers

However Metatrader is like a strange company, they give no support page or email contact.

The only one contact is through phone and post mail.

Their company also outside of US, not sure why fiverr should take care someone outside of US.

Their company also outside of US, not sure why fiverr should take care someone outside of US.

The online world doesn’t begin and end with the USA.

It doesn’t matter where the company is based that’s made the complaint. They want you to stop doing whatever it is you’ve been doing. Fiverr doesn’t want to get sued so they dropped your gig.

Update from fiverr:

Any comment on this?

Update from fiverr:

Any comment on this?

Moaning about a 3rd party violation on the forum will not help you.

The decision is final. Deal with it and move on. 🍍

Update from fiverr:

Any comment on this?

Moaning about a 3rd party violation on the forum will not help you.

The decision is final. Deal with it and move on. 🍍

Yeah well, even I still feel I did nothing which violates their TOS. They even do not have TOS on their site (metaquotes.com)

The only TOS I see is on the Metatrader software but it does not talk about programming.

I’m sure there are many similar fiverr gig as mine, if anyone have info how to contact the Metaquotes company, please share with me.

I think all Metatrader gig on fiverr will be taken down (as well as proxy gig few months ago)

Archived