Milestones Update!

mjensen415

Ever since we launched Milestones, our sellers have been using it to keep their large projects more efficient and organized. As one of our most highly-used features, we decided it deserved a makeover – and we’re very excited to announce a new and improved version.

mail-header.jpg.9ecc9a37fd4beefae165b3dcb6704750.jpg

1. Get paid after each milestone - no need to wait until you finish the whole project.
  2. Get approval each step of the way to increase alignment and reduce delays.
  3. Split your project - up to 6 sections (and payments)!

For more detailed descriptions of the new milestone features, check out the help center document here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560178-Working-with-Milestones?segment=seller

Care to share your experience with milestones? Tell us how you usually use milestones and how it helps you get projects delivered. Comment with your thoughts and ideas below!

• Like 433
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 13

Ever since we launched Milestones, our sellers have been using it to keep their large projects more efficient and organized. As one of our most highly-used features, we decided it deserved a makeover – and we’re very excited to announce a new and improved version.

mail-header

1. Get paid after each milestone - no need to wait until you finish the whole project.
  2. Get approval each step of the way to increase alignment and reduce delays.
  3. Split your project - up to 6 sections (and payments)!

For more detailed descriptions of the new milestone features, check out the help center document here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560178-Working-with-Milestones?segment=seller

Care to share your experience with milestones? Tell us how you usually use milestones and how it helps you get projects delivered. Comment with your thoughts and ideas below!

This update was much needed.

Split your project - up to 6 sections (and payments)!

Can Fiverr reduce the no. of days of accepting the milestone or asking for revisions(8 days are a lot more than needed)? @mjensen415

• Like 100
  • Congrats! 4
  • Up 5

I not only agree with these changes, I would add they’re similar to what I’ve been doing already. Most of my projects are very long (full-size fiction and non-fiction books), and there are numerous benefits to splitting up these large projects into smaller installments. The problem with milestones was that you could not get paid as you go, so it defeated at least part of the purpose for having them. So I started dividing my large projects into smaller individual gigs, which is essentially what this new change does. There are numerous reasons why this is the way to go. Not only can we get paid as we go as sellers, but the process is more collaborative. While you move into subsequent gigs (or in this case milestones) the buyer can be requesting changes to the earlier one, keeping the project moving along quickly. It also ensures what’s being done aligns with the buyer’s vision, as well. So, I completely agree with this new change. A long time ago I said there’s literally no sense using milestones–because funds can’t be dispersed (from completed milestones) until the whole project is complete. That means I can’t use something like that. It just doesn’t work on longer projects that sometimes take months to complete. I used milestones one time before I knew any better and learned my lesson; however, with these new changes I am sure to use them again. I can’t describe how happy this makes me to see. Bravo Fiverr on making these much-needed changes.

On 3/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, rangjaluowary said:

Fiverr should introduce hourly basis payment

That’s an interesting idea that would work for some niches. Editors, voice over, etc. all do hourly rates (or some of them). That wouldn’t work for me as a ghostwriter, but I could see it working for certain other sellers. Absolutely.

• Like 108
  • Up 5

Imagine with me how much effort you are making in order to create two videos for a specific customer while you only put one video on the gig, and when you do not want to make the third video for him, the customer withdraws the amount he paid or Fiverr retrieves the customer’s money, and you, as a seller, lose your effort that you have made. And your account will be flagged or banned. This means that the customer can scam over many sellers because Fiverr will retrieve his money to him comfortably. Please Solve that Problem because the seller’s effort not cheap. thanks

• Like 61
  • Congrats! 4

Finally, it is here I wish Fiverr had this feature 3 months ago. I lost a complete project in final milestone (3rd milestone) because of a pathetic client and first 2 approved milestones were 2nd to none. I lost my faith in Milestones method but now I think I will try it again.

• Like 65

I’ve used once for designing a boy’s room. There was 3 steps: 3d visualization of the room - source file - color palette. During the process I had a great communication with the buyer. Once I delivered the first milestone I didn’t receive any news from the buyer. And of course I was paid for it.
I suggest using the milestones.

• Like 65
  • Thanks 2

This is a great update and badly needed. I used milestones a twice or three times I think and never again after that. It was just too easy for it to go badly and to never be paid. It wasn’t fit for its purpose.
6 x 30 day milestones could have some great potential for a subscription type service like Monthly SEO etc. Will have to try it out next chance I get.

• Like 60
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

theoretically it’s a good idea, in practice here on fiverr it turns into something else. Why ?
Because a buyer receives the money back after 2 months or more.
I suffered twice orders completed months ago to receive from support refund.
He pays with paypal and opens the dispute, as well as with the credit card. 😷

• Like 58

Hopefully the next update will allow us to lock packages and not have people order 20x the package without the seller’s consent. It’s the primary reason for my cancellations, and now Fiverr’s team should know it since I talked about this multiple times.

• Like 61

Yes, this will be great for sellers cause many of time actually for long time order we need to wait many days until the order has complete and also after completing the order for money clearing we need to wait more 14 days. this king of long order was really panful for sellers.(cause every one work for money).
if you can reduce the money clearing time like 7-10 days that will be more good for us.
BTW Thanks fiverr team for this millstone functionality.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Like 56
  • Thanks 1

Its a nice Idea, I have lost a project on milestones before and that was the last time I ever used it. I might give it a trial again it will meet my specifications.
Quick question: If the milestones will be marked and paid,will the buyer be able to rate the milestone or until the whole milestone is done? Thanks to team

• Like 58

On 3/18/2021 at 12:19 AM, shubashis_pal32 said:

if you can reduce the money clearing time like 7-10 days that will be more good for us.

If you’re hired by a business in any country, you get paid either once every 14 days or once a month.

I don’t see the problem with Fiverr. If you have a steady stream of orders, you barely notice the difference. If you want the 7-day clearance, then work towards becoming a top rated seller.

Really Fiverr gave a good option and free of mind to work without any time bound (with split of work) for seller.
Thanks

• Like 60

Unfortunately, this is misleading for Sellers. A lot of Sellers have replied to this post without reading the FAQ in the link. Here is the actual answer from the link in this message:

When do the sellers get paid?

After the entire order is marked as completed, whether the buyer stopped it, or finished it, the seller will be paid according to the Milestones they completed. For example, if the buyer decides to stop the order after four out of six Milestones have been delivered, the order will be updated to “completed,” the seller will receive the payment for four out of the six Milestones.

So in essence, when the entire order is completed, then you will get paid for the milestones completed.

After you complete each milestone, you will not be paid for that milestone, until the entire order is completed.

This is good for the buyer, not the seller.

If you’re a seller with a $2000 project, for example, and you want money for each milestone (in order to pay bills, rent, etc.), then I strongly suggest that you do not use milestones. Instead, create a separate order for each milestone. In this way, you will actually get paid for each milestone.

If you use milestones, again, you will not be paid upon the completion of each milestone, but instead upon the completion of the order, as is stated in the official FAQ. If I am wrong, then the FAQ needs to be updated in the link ASAP.

• Like 62

I not only agree with these changes, I would add they’re similar to what I’ve been doing already. Most of my projects are very long (full-size fiction and non-fiction books), and there are numerous benefits to splitting up these large projects into smaller installments. The problem with milestones was that you could not get paid as you go, so it defeated at least part of the purpose for having them. So I started dividing my large projects into smaller individual gigs, which is essentially what this new change does. There are numerous reasons why this is the way to go. Not only can we get paid as we go as sellers, but the process is more collaborative. While you move into subsequent gigs (or in this case milestones) the buyer can be requesting changes to the earlier one, keeping the project moving along quickly. It also ensures what’s being done aligns with the buyer’s vision, as well. So, I completely agree with this new change. A long time ago I said there’s literally no sense using milestones–because funds can’t be dispersed (from completed milestones) until the whole project is complete. That means I can’t use something like that. It just doesn’t work on longer projects that sometimes take months to complete. I used milestones one time before I knew any better and learned my lesson; however, with these new changes I am sure to use them again. I can’t describe how happy this makes me to see. Bravo Fiverr on making these much-needed changes.

Yeah, makes sense. What do you make to minimize risks with payments for the ongoing work?

• Like 58
  • Thanks 1