Fiverr Forum

Misquoted a project.. by $100!

I was sitting here getting ready to work on a voice over project, that I thought was maybe 500 words… only to find out it’s over 4,000 words! The worst part is that I quoted the client only $35, when I normally wouldn’t even accept a gig this large. I asked for a mutual cancellation, or a fee increase of at least another $60… I just feel horrible. But I can’t justify doing a project that large for such a small amount of money. What would you do here?

Kiff

We all make mistakes, and in my eyes you have done the right thing if it’s 4000 words. I know I wouldn’t accept an order so large. But see how it pans out.

^Oz

And my quick resolution here – is that communication works! I offered to cancel or to add some more money on the gig (still a lot less than I would have charged) and my buyer has happily agreed to pay a little extra. Phew!

Bam ! There you go happy days :slight_smile:

We all make mistakes, and in my eyes you have done the right thing if it’s 4000 words. I know I wouldn’t accept an order so large. But see how it pans out.

^Oz

And my quick resolution here – is that communication works! I offered to cancel or to add some more money on the gig (still a lot less than I would have charged) and my buyer has happily agreed to pay a little extra. Phew!

Bam ! There you go happy days :slight_smile: