Fiverr Forum

Modification/Revision

I’m confused about the difference between Gig modification and Gig revision.

I see buyer requests Modification when he thinks something needs to be done differently or added after the delivery.

But I don’t understand the meaning of Revision. As a seller I can define how many Revisions I allow for my sales, but what does it mean?
If I just select zero Revisions, does that mean buyer cannot ask for Modifications?
In what way are Revisions limited or unlimited, is there any actual functionality behind it?
I don’t understand this at all.

They are the same thing.

Essentially, you deliver your work, and a buyer wants you to change something a little bit: a different color, a different word, etc. Modification and revision is the same meaning in this context. Just set the number of mods/revisions to whatever you’re comfortable with offering and don’t let anyone bamboozle you over this linguistic difference.

This is a very good example of why Fiverr needs to rethink its automatic translations.

How do I limit how many times a buyer can request modification (I know I can select the number of that)? What do I need to do when I get a modification request that’s exceeding the limit? How do I persuade the buyer to accept delivery? Thank you for your answer! :slight_smile:

I have unlimited revisions so I don’t really know. You could state somewhere in your gig description that after (e.g.) 3 revisions, there is a $5 fee or something. Some buyers are just awful and will not be persuaded :slight_smile: