Money stolen from my fiverr account!

habib1jnu

Two days back. When I opened fiverr in my browser for regular activity, I saw my current account is nil. I contacted with support and provided all required information’s they asked. After checking all info they said they can’t back the money into my account. Because it was stolen by a hacker and sent to a paypal account. And they have limitations to report anything with paypal. I request them from each and every corner. But they told me their limitations in this process.

But there is no solution to this issue ?

Won’t I ever get my money back ?

Hackers will keep stealing money from this community ?

If yes, so what is the function of security team here ?

I’m seeking help from any expert from this community. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

No one can help you as Fiverr policy clearly mentions that Fiverr will not fight against any dispute/chargebacks & also will not fight for unauthorised transactions.

And at the time of signup we all accepted that policy so we have to accept the fact that money lost can’t be recovered.

Please be strong & continue working with same sprit. GOD will help you.

Hi
Greetings!!
i was surprised when i read your post. its not possible for any hacker to stole money from your account… But if yes then kindly check your registered email id & your paypal id. because no one could use two paypal accounts with one Fiverr Account.

These are some tips from my side to reassured that some hacker stole your money or anyone else 😦

Regards
Sanmeet Singh

Hi

Greetings!!

i was surprised when i read your post. its not possible for any hacker to stole money from your account… But if yes then kindly check your registered email id & your paypal id. because no one could use two paypal accounts with one Fiverr Account.

These are some tips from my side to reassured that some hacker stole your money or anyone else 😦

Regards

Sanmeet Singh

Yes no two people can use same paypal id. But one single paypal account can be associated with 8 different email id.

Also if you had linked your account & then your amount was stolen then the possibilites are:

1. The hacker had access to your Fiverr account & registered Email id.

2. He monitored your movements for some days. Like when you are mostly online & your time zone.

3. So when you are not online or at late night when you are sleeping he logged in to your account & email id & requested to changed your Paypal id 7 successfully changed it & deleted all the confirmation that you got from Fiverr about the account updates.

4. Also after the update the hacker has to wait for 24 hours to get the amount withdrawn. But as I told you above point that he monitored your movements closely & was knowing when you withdraw the amount maybe after 15 days interval or starting of the month or ending of the month.

So he was sure you will not visit the revenue page as you were not having any clue about this suspicious activity as all the evidences were deleted.

And after 24 hours hacker successfully withdrawn all your hard earned money.

Did you get any message on Fiverr or your registered mail account saying you need to update your password or update your profile? I got such years ago and it took me to a site looks alike Fiverr login page but when I saw the URL it was different. Similarly got such phishing email about Paypal as well. So, please verify and be alert about such phishing emails. Secondly, when someone withdraw money from Fiverr, he/ she need to click on the confirmation email sent to their registered email ID. So, how the hacker got both info??

Did you get any message on Fiverr or your registered mail account saying you need to update your password or update your profile? I got such years ago and it took me to a site looks alike Fiverr login page but when I saw the URL it was different. Similarly got such phishing email about Paypal as well. So, please verify and be alert about such phishing emails. Secondly, when someone withdraw money from Fiverr, he/ she need to click on the confirmation email sent to their registered email ID. So, how the hacker got both info??

Secondly, when someone withdraw money from Fiverr, he/ she need to click on the confirmation email sent to their registered email ID. So, how the hacker got both info??

Weeell, to the last one, one possible (only too possible, though of course it might not be the case here of course) to that is that many many people use the same password for many things. 😉

edit: okay, I just remembered that fiverr security-wise at least only displays the 1st and last sign of your e-mail, so that would take someone who doesn´t only use the same passwords for two critical things, but also uses an e-mail that´s guessable from their fiverr name, so it´s really rather improbable, still, people, you know, but in any case:

Another security tip for anyone reading this (don´t want to imply that you did it, OP!): do not use the same password for different accounts,

and maybe, if you want to be extra careful, don´t use an e-mail that´s guessable, especially for accounts that aren´t as nice as fiverr and display your whole e-mail.

Hello,

No one can help you as Fiverr policy clearly mentions that Fiverr will not fight against any dispute/chargebacks & also will not fight for unauthorised transactions.

And at the time of signup we all accepted that policy so we have to accept the fact that money lost can’t be recovered.

Please be strong & continue working with same sprit. GOD will help you.

Yes, I understand. But it was stolen from my fiverr account. So, they should help me out of this. Because the security and safety of my money here should be ensured from fiverr authority. At least I can expect a notification about this unusual withdrawal from my account. I think fiverr authority should take care of this.

And thanks for your good wish.

Thank you.

Hi

Greetings!!

Regards

Sanmeet Singh

Hi,

Yes, I have no paypal added to my account. I only use fiverr revenue card for withdrawal. And the hacker used this scope to steal my money.

I contacted with support and they have changed the hackers paypal and added my one now.

Thank you.

Hi,

Yes, I have no paypal added to my account. I only use fiverr revenue card for withdrawal. And the hacker used this scope to steal my money.

I contacted with support and they have changed the hackers paypal and added my one now.

Thank you.

Did they tell you how the hacker was able to change your payment method without you getting an e-mail on it?

Hope you´ll get your money back and all will end well!

Yes no two people can use same paypal id. But one single paypal account can be associated with 8 different email id.

Also if you had linked your account & then your amount was stolen then the possibilites are:

1. The hacker had access to your Fiverr account & registered Email id.

2. He monitored your movements for some days. Like when you are mostly online & your time zone.

3. So when you are not online or at late night when you are sleeping he logged in to your account & email id & requested to changed your Paypal id 7 successfully changed it & deleted all the confirmation that you got from Fiverr about the account updates.

4. Also after the update the hacker has to wait for 24 hours to get the amount withdrawn. But as I told you above point that he monitored your movements closely & was knowing when you withdraw the amount maybe after 15 days interval or starting of the month or ending of the month.

So he was sure you will not visit the revenue page as you were not having any clue about this suspicious activity as all the evidences were deleted.

And after 24 hours hacker successfully withdrawn all your hard earned money.

Yes exactly. May be the hacker monitored my full activity. And he stole money when I usually go offline.

And I’m astonished when I saw my money stolen from my account. And it was done using a paypal account. Because I don’t have any paypal added to my account. I used fiverr revenue card to withdrawal my amount from here.

Thank you.

Did they tell you how the hacker was able to change your payment method without you getting an e-mail on it?

Hope you´ll get your money back and all will end well!

No, I didn’t get any email from fiverr about this activity. Actually I didn’t have any paypal added with my account. I only use fiverr revenue card for withdrawal. The hacker added a paypal with my account and stole my money.

You should be using 2-3 security question. Why aren`t you?

A note to everyone reading this-

If you don’t have any security questions-

Put some now before it`s too late!

Have some security questions-

Time to put some more! LOL

I only have one security question option. And I added it at the time of my account creation.

Thank you.

Secondly, when someone withdraw money from Fiverr, he/ she need to click on the confirmation email sent to their registered email ID. So, how the hacker got both info??

Weeell, to the last one, one possible (only too possible, though of course it might not be the case here of course) to that is that many many people use the same password for many things. 😉

edit: okay, I just remembered that fiverr security-wise at least only displays the 1st and last sign of your e-mail, so that would take someone who doesn´t only use the same passwords for two critical things, but also uses an e-mail that´s guessable from their fiverr name, so it´s really rather improbable, still, people, you know, but in any case:

Another security tip for anyone reading this (don´t want to imply that you did it, OP!): do not use the same password for different accounts,

and maybe, if you want to be extra careful, don´t use an e-mail that´s guessable, especially for accounts that aren´t as nice as fiverr and display your whole e-mail.

Yes, you are correct. I used same password for all my things. And this costs me a lot. I will be careful from now.

Thank you.

Yes, you are correct. I used same password for all my things. And this costs me a lot. I will be careful from now.

Thank you.

Yes, be careful, even with accounts one thinks aren´t ‘critical’ money-wise it can become a very sad experience, I know someone who lost their gmail account because of a hacker, and they couldn´t prove to google that it was their account, no money lost but still very inconvenient.

Maybe some really nice orders will come your way now to make up for the loss! 🙂

I am pretty sure this was an inside job. Just be careful in the future who you discuss your business with. :man_with_turban:

Unfortunately, I doubt Fiverr will reimburse the disbursed amount to you.

Yes, I will be very careful from now. And I think fiverr will help me with their best.

Thanks.

Yes, be careful, even with accounts one thinks aren´t ‘critical’ money-wise it can become a very sad experience, I know someone who lost their gmail account because of a hacker, and they couldn´t prove to google that it was their account, no money lost but still very inconvenient.

Maybe some really nice orders will come your way now to make up for the loss! 🙂

At first thanks for your good wish.

And I have secured all my accounts now including fiverr, my gmail etc. And I will be careful about my future jobs. I think it won’t happen again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Oh no that is so dangerous to use the same password for everything 😦 I am so sorry you had this awful experience but moving forward I hope you take more measures to protect all your accounts.

Have a different email for all the websites you use online and set up all the additional security measures that you can on every website.

A couple of weeks ago Fiverr sent an e-mail to every user urging them to change their passwords. These e-mails were sent different times. There was also a topic on this forum about that. I contacted CS just to make sure that it was no pishing attempt, what it was not.

However, I feel your pain but it’s always sensible to check on a regular basis your account settings and have a look if the payment information hasn’t been altered.

Oh no that is so dangerous to use the same password for everything 😦 I am so sorry you had this awful experience but moving forward I hope you take more measures to protect all your accounts.

Have a different email for all the websites you use online and set up all the additional security measures that you can on every website.

Actually it my passwords aren’t same everywhere. It was due to some system issue of fiverr. They should notify me and should confirm email verification for any changes in my fiverr account. I was surprised when I saw somebody else added a payment method into my account and I didn’t get any single email notification about it. This is not a good practice.

Archived