More Room for Examples

creativeman

Other than our gig video we currently we get 3 spaces for images and 2 spaces for pdf docs.

When you are launching a gig especially it would be more beneficial to show more examples of what you can do so buyers don’t develop tunnel vision of what you are capable of doing.

Even a popup light box album of images would be amazing to showcase our skills.

Why not have room for 20 portfolio spots and not just 3 image areas with the ability to overlay text similar to how the portfolio reviews look explaining “this is an example of blah blah blah” etc.

Type “this is awesome” if you agree this would be helpful.

Kind Regards,
Murray

It sounds awesome but I think the initial limit was put in place for a reason. The 5 slots are just a taste of what you have to offer to potential clients. If too much is placed up for view, that is likely to cause unforeseen issues in the future; plus, the 5 slots make for easy maintenance when it comes time for updating.

“If too much is placed up for view, that is likely to cause unforeseen issues in the future?”

Why? What are these unforeseen issues? - You sound worried about things that haven’t even happened.

“the 5 slots make for easy maintenance when it comes time for updating.”

Sure but surely no one is forcing sellers to show more examples. Some sellers could show a little and some a little bit more. Flexibility is what we need here. Updating is part of doing business and every seller who takes the care and attention to do it will be rewarded.

Unforeseen issues -> sample work getting copied and used elsewhere by someone other than yourself. Yes, chances are possibly slim but with all the posts pertaining to stolen work, its worrying; both here and elsewhere.

The maintenance thing was meant to be a positive for the showcase space allotted. I myself only have three slots available for showing samples of my work.

That said, maybe Fiverr will unveil an onsite portfolio feature or do a partnership with a portfolio hosting site for sellers to showcase their work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived