Most Difficult thing on FIVERR and how did you Solve it?

ritujain777

What is the most difficult thing that you ever faced on FIVERR?
AND
How did you SOLVE it?

All of us go through unexpected things/issues that puts us in a spot at FIVERR! It is a learning experience and the more we keep a positive attitude the better it becomes.

So here is my most difficult thing on Fiverr so far.

I am less than four months old here and I faced the biggest problem. It happened like this - when after having had a successful run of writing articles,blogs,recipes,ebooks I was on top of the world! I even got a Level1 Badge in the second month of JOINING - a huge motivator for me.

Problem:
Then, last week I got a buyer whom I wrote a BLOG for and he hated the manner or perspective in which I approached the topic and started calling me names the moment I delivered my article. I was so sad to hear him say those things I can’t repeat. I immediately re-wrote the article and re-sent it- he still did not like it and reported me on Customer Support demanding for the refund of $5 rate for the article.

I had 24 hours to accept the cancellation he had sent through Fiverr. I wrote to him apologizing that - it happened for the first with me that a buyer did not like what I wrote.(and hope for the last time ever). Well before I could accept the cancellation the customer support Cancelled the order. Now if I look at my analytics that had 100 % delivery on time I have a rating of “94% delivered on time”. Fiverr is very good in updating their analytics and is very helpful to know where you stand.

Solution:
I am trying to solve this issue on a daily basis by writing samples of 200-300 words of the articles for buyers first and taking their feelers - so that I know I am on the same page as the buyer. Moreover - follow my gut feeling - and only work for a buyer if you get the right vibes from him/her.

Only I Hope this won’t become an issue in my attaining a Level two badge with Fiverr.

So - people, go ahead and let us share what we faced and how we solve them…I am sure we can all learn from each other’s experiences.

Cheers!

Most difficult thing that I ever faced was getting hacked and robbed of $200, back in 2011 I think. Imagine waking up after a good dream and then seeing you’re $200 short!

How did I solve it? By moving on and never leaving more than $50 in my account. It was beyond my powers to recover the money, and Fiverr couldn’t do anything about it either.

I should’ve been $200 richer today 😢

Most difficult thing that I ever faced was getting hacked and robbed of $200, back in 2011 I think. Imagine waking up after a good dream and then seeing you’re $200 short!

How did I solve it? By moving on and never leaving more than $50 in my account. It was beyond my powers to recover the money, and Fiverr couldn’t do anything about it either.

Sad to know of your Loss…Can imagine …It Hurts!

Good you shared…Thanks…Other Fiverr sellers can be more careful with their accounts.

Keep sharing your stories…and let us all get WISER through each others experiences!

I only withdraw when I have 1k5+, never been hacked before.

How were you hacked? and how were they able to access your payment information, wasn’t withdrawal suppose to go to your account?

My hardest was working for a client, and after like 4months, destroyed it, and came after me on fiverr to re-do it, fought it, but fiverr witheld my fund, same fund i was saving to add to a trip to a South East Asia country, so fiverr advised i re-do the project, with my 750usd hanging in the air…

I had to do it, worked tirelessly to do it in a week, moreover, I had the site old backup in my cloud account, so that makes it a little easier…

Client was suppose to pay an extra $500 before, which i had forgotten for those month he left, so I asked, and told fiverr, was told he would pay this this, and he assured me, he hasn’t done so…Website still running last time i checked…painful, but Fiverr released my fund and I was able to make the trip with that fund…

PS: Fiverr have since changed their policy on such issues, last time i read the T&C

How were you hacked? and how were they able to access your payment information, wasn’t withdrawal suppose to go to your account?

@simboy4real A potential buyer sent me their site address to see if I can make a report for it (it looked like any regular site address), I opened the site to see if I could analyze it, but I saw nothing, it was empty. I told them I can’t analyze an empty site, and I moved on.

Next day, my Fiverr’s paypal withdrawal address had already been changed, but not yet my Fiverr account password - I was right on time, so I could still open my account and saw a shady paypal address, some shady info, and changed everything in a heartbeat.

After further research, that site apparently loaded a Java Applet that installed a key logger, finding my Fiverr password with ease.

P.S. yes, Java Applets were still enabled in browsers years ago when it happened

@simboy4real A potential buyer sent me their site address to see if I can make a report for it (it looked like any regular site address), I opened the site to see if I could analyze it, but I saw nothing, it was empty. I told them I can’t analyze an empty site, and I moved on.

Next day, my Fiverr’s paypal withdrawal address had already been changed, but not yet my Fiverr account password - I was right on time, so I could still open my account and saw a shady paypal address, some shady info, and changed everything in a heartbeat.

After further research, that site apparently loaded a Java Applet that installed a key logger, finding my Fiverr password with ease.

P.S. yes, Java Applets were still enabled in browsers years ago when it happened

OMG, that was scary, and Fiverr cannot be held, its part of their T&C…I had your same issue before, but in my case, it was a PDF and exe, but my computer system went haywire when i download it, scanned my computer to find malware, and was removed, have since formatted my system, reported the buyer to fiverr…

When i told them they sent me a malware infected file, buyer never responded…

Your case is scary woofy, I am going to scan my workstation tonight tonight for no reason…😅

Now they have security questions and I change my password occasionally.

Oh! Sorry to know that. It appears more like a case of “Cookie Stealing” with Cross site scripting.

Someone recently sent me a message with a link to an attachment. It was a docx wrapped in a zip file… and know what? It contained a ‘Malicious Macro’! Not sure what it could have done but ESET Smart security immediately detected a threat and I reported to CS.

I think Fiverr sellers are particularly vulnerable to such hacking attempts. Installing one good antivirus (Eset or Kaspersky) and one anti-malware (Malwarebytes) is a must.

Oh! Sorry to know that. It appears more like a case of “Cookie Stealing” with Cross site scripting.

Someone recently sent me a message with a link to an attachment. It was a docx wrapped in a zip file… and know what? It contained a ‘Malicious Macro’! Not sure what it could have done but ESET Smart security immediately detected a threat and I reported to CS.

I think Fiverr sellers are particularly vulnerable to such hacking attempts. Installing one good antivirus (Eset or Kaspersky) and one anti-malware (Malwarebytes) is a must.

It appears more like a case of “Cookie Stealing” with Cross site scripting.

It was a Java Applet, and I wasn’t the only victim - there was evidence of it all over the web, on other sites, too… and I also found the keylogger eventually and removed it (there was even a text file with what I had typed). Even with an antivirus and antimalware installed, I was hacked (I have no idea what I used back then, it was too long ago)

Anyway, we’re moving offtopic 😛

It was a Java Applet, and I wasn’t the only victim - there was evidence of it all over the web, on other sites, too… and I also found the keylogger eventually and removed it (there was even a text file with what I had typed). Even with an antivirus and antimalware installed, I was hacked (I have no idea what I used back then, it was too long ago)

65932_1.png Woofy31:

Don’t worry. We haven’t gone that offtopic…unlike my “Contingency Plan” thread which literally became a coffee shop 😄

It could just as well be with a Java Applet; you would know best.

With regards to most difficult thing people find on Fiverr. I can assure you it’s not having orders, sufficient orders or orders at the price they want to work. Everything else is a nuisance.

Personally the most difficult thing I had to handle was because of miscommunication. The Buyer said she “first wants a German site”. I quoted $600 and delivered the German site. She then dropped the bomb: she wants website in all three languages but “German site first.” One cannot replicate entire site in Squarespace and the other two should once again be built from scratch! 😓 After a lot of negotiation and persuasion I agreed to build other 2 for an extra $400. Not too bad… but an example of how one can get struck in deals. But otherwise she was an an excellent and considerate Buyer.

What is the most difficult thing that you ever faced on FIVERR?

AND

How did you SOLVE it?

All of us go through unexpected things/issues that puts us in a spot at FIVERR! It is a learning experience and the more we keep a positive attitude the better it becomes.

So here is my most difficult thing on Fiverr so far.

I am less than four months old here and I faced the biggest problem. It happened like this - when after having had a successful run of writing articles,blogs,recipes,ebooks I was on top of the world! I even got a Level1 Badge in the second month of JOINING - a huge motivator for me.

Problem:

Then, last week I got a buyer whom I wrote a BLOG for and he hated the manner or perspective in which I approached the topic and started calling me names the moment I delivered my article. I was so sad to hear him say those things I can’t repeat. I immediately re-wrote the article and re-sent it- he still did not like it and reported me on Customer Support demanding for the refund of $5 rate for the article.

I had 24 hours to accept the cancellation he had sent through Fiverr. I wrote to him apologizing that - it happened for the first with me that a buyer did not like what I wrote.(and hope for the last time ever). Well before I could accept the cancellation the customer support Cancelled the order. Now if I look at my analytics that had 100 % delivery on time I have a rating of “94% delivered on time”. Fiverr is very good in updating their analytics and is very helpful to know where you stand.

Solution:

I am trying to solve this issue on a daily basis by writing samples of 200-300 words of the articles for buyers first and taking their feelers - so that I know I am on the same page as the buyer. Moreover - follow my gut feeling - and only work for a buyer if you get the right vibes from him/her.

Only I Hope this won’t become an issue in my attaining a Level two badge with Fiverr.

So - people, go ahead and let us share what we faced and how we solve them…I am sure we can all learn from each other’s experiences.

Cheers!

@ritujain777, I really don’t want to be rude to say this, but I think, you misdiagnosed the problem.

Problem:

It appears like the said Buyer did not intend to like your article. No one ever name-calls simply because the work fell below the expectation and looking at the manner in which he responded, it’s like he is taking a free ride by playing ‘this is not what I wanted’ card. In short, he may have been trying to scam you. I know it hurts, but atleast you can stay assured there is nothing wrong with quality of your work.

You can raise your prices slightly more, like to $10, to avoid buyers like these.

If you do really think you articles are short of standards and want to give potential buyers a ‘feel’ of what to expect, you may a make a sample collection of articles available for download via a Dropbox link in you Gig description.

My hardest was working for a client, and after like 4months, destroyed it, and came after me on fiverr to re-do it, fought it, but fiverr witheld my fund, same fund i was saving to add to a trip to a South East Asia country, so fiverr advised i re-do the project, with my 750usd hanging in the air…

I had to do it, worked tirelessly to do it in a week, moreover, I had the site old backup in my cloud account, so that makes it a little easier…

Client was suppose to pay an extra $500 before, which i had forgotten for those month he left, so I asked, and told fiverr, was told he would pay this this, and he assured me, he hasn’t done so…Website still running last time i checked…painful, but Fiverr released my fund and I was able to make the trip with that fund…

PS: Fiverr have since changed their policy on such issues, last time i read the T&C

Hi simboy4real,

So GREAT that you shared this experience!

Thanks for sharing the detailed explanation for the difficulties you faced.So good to know Fiverr supported you. I hope the website does such good business - that one day you get a surprise from them and they return you with much more than the $500 that they did not pay you.

I am so happy to know you got to travel to South-East Asia? Would love to hear about your travel experience as I live in India.

Wow! Great that Fiverr changed their policy.

Cheers!

Ritu

Hi simboy4real,

So GREAT that you shared this experience!

Thanks for sharing the detailed explanation for the difficulties you faced.So good to know Fiverr supported you. I hope the website does such good business - that one day you get a surprise from them and they return you with much more than the $500 that they did not pay you.

I am so happy to know you got to travel to South-East Asia? Would love to hear about your travel experience as I live in India.

Wow! Great that Fiverr changed their policy.

Cheers!

Ritu

Thanks @ritujain777, my trip was worth it, was still making off fiverr while away 😃… Actually I do hope they pay back someday, I am positive that I will get that surprise one day, it kinda keeps me going since last October/November…

@ritujain777, I really don’t want to be rude to say this, but I think, you misdiagnosed the problem.

Problem:

It appears like the said Buyer did not intend to like your article. No one ever name-calls simply because the work fell below the expectation and looking at the manner in which he responded, it’s like he is taking a free ride by playing ‘this is not what I wanted’ card. In short, he may have been trying to scam you. I know it hurts, but atleast you can stay assured there is nothing wrong with quality of your work.

You can raise your prices slightly more, like to $10, to avoid buyers like these.

If you do really think you articles are short of standards and want to give potential buyers a ‘feel’ of what to expect, you may a make a sample collection of articles available for download via a Dropbox link in you Gig description.

Hi ghemachandar1

That is an awesome feedback from you!

I was very sad when the buyer wrote me things like - “You can stop sending out these fake articles now that are messing with peoples minds!” But I moved on and termed it as a learning experience!

I realized that if quality of work is good buyers come back for more - therefore it keeps my morale up.

Maybe the buyer was like that because when he posted the ‘buyer request’ I remember no one sending an offer to him other than me - and I kept wondering how come - he has not even one seller who sent an offer to him even though his offer was a day old when I saw it. Maybe he has done the same with others as well.

A sample collection - is an excellent idea - I will do it today itself. Thankyou - I did not knwo we can do this.THANKS!

Cheers

Ritu

Thanks @ritujain777, my trip was worth it, was still making off fiverr while away 😃… Actually I do hope they pay back someday, I am positive that I will get that surprise one day, it kinda keeps me going since last October/November…

Hi simboy4real

Thats the fun to work with Fiverr - money keeps coming in when you are away - after a hard week of working - I love it when payments start flowing in… I know what you mean.

I wish U get the $500 back …do let us know when you do…will be GREAT!

Cheers!

Archived