Motivational Tips For New Sellers in Hard Times

It’s totally unpredictable when your buyer responses to your queries and offers! But you should keep trying your best in every single way. I have come across many of my friends who just get frustrated for not having a single reply even after sending 200+ requests. Let me remind you, you are not the only one who is suffering this - there are many more like you. But you need to keep our boat sailing that’s how you win!

These days its tough to compete because every day thousands of new sellers are joining Fiverr and trying to bring out the best in them. You need to make sure you differentiate yourself among them. I am giving some tips below to help achieve buyer responses.

• Read the buyer request carefully and respond accordingly; don’t just send templates.

• Due to COVID-19 maybe your buyers are not interested to respond to largely written offers; they are in hurry for work done. So be on-topic and straight to the point, no need to explain yourself in the offers - talk about the buyer’s problem and how you can give the solution.

• Refresh the “buyer request” page more often and try to send requests when you see a “zero” number of requests sent yet. Most of the sellers send requests when that job already got 50+ offers. The buyer may not go down to 50th number and chose you, right?

• If the buyer has mentioned his/her name; start the proposal by greeting with their name. This helps to catch the attention that you have read their job offer.

• You can mention shortly about the similar types of jobs that you have previously done so that the buyer regains more faith and trust in you to handover the job. But don’t fake yourself, be genuine and honest.

• Try to always give unlimited revisions and deal with them patiently, remember every order counts whether you get reviews or not. Don’t get upset if a buyer doesn’t leave a review 🙂 I have completed 5 jobs so far - but got only 3 reviews so its okay.

Hope these tips help you. Let me know if you achieve any success applying these tips. All the best! 🙂

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s totally unpredictable when your buyer responses to your queries and offers! But you should keep trying your best in every single way. I have come across many of my friends who just get frustrated for not having a single reply even after sending 200+ requests. Let me remind you, you are not the only one who is suffering this - there are many more like you. But you need to keep our boat sailing that’s how you win!

These days its tough to compete because every day thousands of new sellers are joining Fiverr and trying to bring out the best in them. You need to make sure you differentiate yourself among them. I am giving some tips below to help achieve buyer responses.

• Read the buyer request carefully and respond accordingly; don’t just send templates.

• Due to COVID-19 maybe your buyers are not interested to respond to largely written offers; they are in hurry for work done. So be on-topic and straight to the point, no need to explain yourself in the offers - talk about the buyer’s problem and how you can give the solution.

• Refresh the “buyer request” page more often and try to send requests when you see a “zero” number of requests sent yet. Most of the sellers send requests when that job already got 50+ offers. The buyer may not go down to 50th number and chose you, right?

• If the buyer has mentioned his/her name; start the proposal by greeting with their name. This helps to catch the attention that you have read their job offer.

• You can mention shortly about the similar types of jobs that you have previously done so that the buyer regains more faith and trust in you to handover the job. But don’t fake yourself, be genuine and honest.

• Try to always give unlimited revisions and deal with them patiently, remember every order counts whether you get reviews or not. Don’t get upset if a buyer doesn’t leave a review 🙂 I have completed 5 jobs so far - but got only 3 reviews so its okay.

Hope these tips help you. Let me know if you achieve any success applying these tips. All the best! 🙂

I do not agree with almost any of the advices you gave sellers here.

In fact, I could just follow this one.

Read the buyer request carefully and respond accordingly;

I do not agree with almost any of the advices you gave sellers here.

In fact, I could just follow this one.

Read the buyer request carefully and respond accordingly;

Well, its vary from people’s perception. I am also a seller and doing good in this field so far. So I just tried to share my own experience; it may not be fruitful to you and thats fine 🙂

Guest fibocci

Try to always give unlimited revisions

Agree with everything but this. This could potentially be one of the worst mistakes you can do here. As far as I know, unlimited revisions are taken pretty literally here. Choose this at your own risk.

Try to always give unlimited revisions

Agree with everything but this. This could potentially be one of the worst mistakes you can do here. As far as I know, unlimited revisions are taken pretty literally here. Choose this at your own risk.

Agree with what you said, but as a new seller you need to give this to gain trust and authority. This is one of the strongest yet challenging thing to deal with…

Guest fibocci

Agree with what you said, but as a new seller you need to give this to gain trust and authority. This is one of the strongest yet challenging thing to deal with…

Two or three revisions are enough for any project that’ll satisfy the client. There are also plenty more things, far more important than revisions, which will help develop trust - such as your portfolio and work experience. I myself have never needed them, same for all the sellers I know who’re very successful. As far as I know, unlimited revisions are strongly advised against in the forums.

Two or three revisions are enough for any project that’ll satisfy the client. There are also plenty more things, far more important than revisions, which will help develop trust - such as your portfolio and work experience. I myself have never needed them, same for all the sellers I know who’re very successful. As far as I know, unlimited revisions are strongly advised against in the forums.

Again very true with what you said; but as I said this is helping me with my new buyers because they become really happy when I tell them that I will give them unlimited revisions which means I will work hard till they are 100% satisfied and they need not to worry about the quality of my work. So it’s fruitful for me in every single way

Nice guideline. But i think unlimited revisions is a bit more. Because most of the buyers don t understand unlimited revisions.

Haha! Yes exactly this is the point! They dont understand but they become happy when you assure them that you will work hard till they are 100% satisfied and this helps you to build strong and long relationship with your buyer 🙂

Guest fibocci

Again very true with what you said; but as I said this is helping me with my new buyers because they become really happy when I tell them that I will give them unlimited revisions which means I will work hard till they are 100% satisfied and they need not to worry about the quality of my work. So it’s fruitful for me in every single way

Really glad it works for you.

I tend to order something with unlimited revisions as I have no idea what could be the feeling of having a lifetime deditaced person. Just kidding. 😃

It is up to every person to find his or her own way but tips in this particular topic are one of the worst people can find on Fiverr forum in my opinion.

Sorry for that.

I tend to order something with unlimited revisions as I have no idea what could be the feeling of having a lifetime deditaced person. Just kidding. 😃

It is up to every person to find his or her own way but tips in this particular topic are one of the worst people can find on Fiverr forum in my opinion.

Sorry for that.

Thank you!

Where do people learn this stupid stuff?

Sorry for that.

It is up to every person to find his or her own way

Well you just said already! I am finding my own ways through this tips and shared. If you feel worst thats your opinion I cant control. Dont be sorry for whatever you feel if you are not wrong in your opinion 🙂

Hi @sabinasattar_17 You have written some key points. But the problem is buyer request has gone in a second and sometime in 0.5 seconds. So how can we write a good proposal in such a short time?

Hello @abdul87 what you can do sometimes is like write a general and effective template and change some words accordingly. For example if the request is about Logo replace that word with logo but this is not always fruitful because you should add 1 line or 2 regarding the job offer to gain trust from the buyer. Btw, Buyer Requests are not gone until you refresh the page so you have time to atleast read and send a good offer 🙂

Refresh the “buyer request” page more often and try to send requests when you see a “zero” number of requests sent yet. Most of the sellers send requests when that job already got 50+ offers. The buyer may not go down to 50th number and chose you, right?

I don’t think that’s good tip. In outcome every buyer request will have at least 50+ offers and it don’t really matter if you send your offer first or last, because in most cases buyer will use sorting by reviews or ratings option (at least that’s what im doing when I buy services on Fiverr).

Also sending offer as first don’t gives you temporary win of being only one to review by buyer, because when posting buyer request it needs to take few hours to validate and buyer won’t notice it probably so fast. When I post buyer request and sit down to check offers I already have somewhere around 30-50 offers in most cases.

And trust me most buyers will check every offer and decide which one is most appealing. In my opinion you should spend some time to write great offer on every buyer request and don’t think about if it have 0 or 100 offers already.

Refresh the “buyer request” page more often and try to send requests when you see a “zero” number of requests sent yet. Most of the sellers send requests when that job already got 50+ offers. The buyer may not go down to 50th number and chose you, right?

I don’t think that’s good tip. In outcome every buyer request will have at least 50+ offers and it don’t really matter if you send your offer first or last, because in most cases buyer will use sorting by reviews or ratings option (at least that’s what im doing when I buy services on Fiverr).

Also sending offer as first don’t gives you temporary win of being only one to review by buyer, because when posting buyer request it needs to take few hours to validate and buyer won’t notice it probably so fast. When I post buyer request and sit down to check offers I already have somewhere around 30-50 offers in most cases.

And trust me most buyers will check every offer and decide which one is most appealing. In my opinion you should spend some time to write great offer on every buyer request and don’t think about if it have 0 or 100 offers already.

I see! Thank you for sharing this with us, great to know that. But I think sometimes its also fine to be noticed earlier that latter, no? Because when I got my first job I was new, got no review, rating nothing. But I tried to apply a little faster and yes of course with a great offer so I got selected. If the buyer (who selected me) would have sorted the sellers in terms of review or ratings then probably I was no way eligible to that offer, right? What do you think?

I see! Thank you for sharing this with us, great to know that. But I think sometimes its also fine to be noticed earlier that latter, no? Because when I got my first job I was new, got no review, rating nothing. But I tried to apply a little faster and yes of course with a great offer so I got selected. If the buyer (who selected me) would have sorted the sellers in terms of review or ratings then probably I was no way eligible to that offer, right? What do you think?

Well we as a sellers always think when posting offer that there will be probably tens of top rated sellers offering also. In reality at least 90% offers are not even on topic and in 100 offers I get in most cases 1-3 appealing offers, so competition is not really that big as it seems. Getting work from buyer request with 0 reviews takes not really that long if you always write awesome offer and have very good setup (profile, gigs etc).

• 2 weeks later...

I think the default sort option that shows offers to the buyer is “date”, which I think shows them in descending order of date/time, ie. I think the default is to show the most recent offers at the top of the list. So sometimes it might still be worthwhile to send an offer even if there are quite a lot of other offers sent to the same request (unless it’s not a recent request).

Try to always give unlimited revisions and deal with them patiently, remember every order counts whether you get reviews or not.

It’s might be better to have a high enough fixed number of revisions I think. That way you won’t risk getting a buyer asking for endless revisions (like >=20).

I think the default sort option that shows offers to the buyer is “date”, which I think shows them in descending order of date/time, ie. I think the default is to show the most recent offers at the top of the list. So sometimes it might still be worthwhile to send an offer even if there are quite a lot of other offers sent to the same request (unless it’s not a recent request).

Try to always give unlimited revisions and deal with them patiently, remember every order counts whether you get reviews or not.

It’s might be better to have a high enough fixed number of revisions I think. That way you won’t risk getting a buyer asking for endless revisions (like >=20).

I strongly agree with both of your points. About the sorting of requests by the buyer; you are right may be on some cases. But on the other hand when there is a new buyer on Fiverr and know little about it - at that time this trick may work about sending requests faster.

And about the unlimited revisions, as I said already above in my previous comments - I think we as a new seller should have something big and unique to offer to the buyers. Because we are new so they may not trust us and doubt on our quality of work. This is really really tough to offer as I am myself facing this already but at the end of the day it will be helpful for my account in the long run. Once your account is stable and you earned some ranking and levels. After that you can reduce the amounts of revisions because you will have more work then.

Btw, these two tips are already helping me to receive orders as a new seller. And you know something? Same buyers are returning to me again after one work is done and the reason is “Unlimited Revisions” 🙂

If the buyer has mentioned his/her name; start the proposal by greeting with their name. This helps to catch the attention that you have read their job offer.

Thanks for your tips. When we send buyer request how to know buyer’s name?

If the buyer has mentioned his/her name; start the proposal by greeting with their name. This helps to catch the attention that you have read their job offer.

Thanks for your tips. When we send buyer request how to know buyer’s name?

If you read the full request; sometimes the buyers leave their name at the bottom of their offer. So this way you know their name. Sometimes they also start with their name so it depends. In these cases, take this opportunity and greet them back with their name to gain their confidence 🙂

Archived