Multiple of the same gig

Hello everyone,

I was going to edit my gig description and photo as I don’t seem to be getting as many orders as I used to. Instead of doing that though, I thought of a great idea which is to do a duplicate of one of my current gigs, but change some of the wording and also the gig photo.

I was thinking this would allow me to see which photo attracts people to click on my gig more and from there which description sells.

Has anyone tried this and is there any negative effect?

It’s against Fiverr’s ToS to create duplicates of the same gig. Do not do it. It is unfair on other sellers who only offer one gig within that niche.

Edit your gig description and photos, leave it for a month or so, and then look back on your analytics and see what’s working and what isn’t. Being a new seller, you won’t be getting too many views/impressions to base your conclusions off of, so just stick with it and try it when you are getting more views/interest in your gig.

I have tried this, but under the same gig. Just change your photos/description on your existing gig, be patient, and see what happens.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Matt (xqggqx)

To add to xqggqx’s response, you’re also diluting the market. While I’m not 100% sure its a direct violation of Fiverr’s TOS, I do know that Fiverr will basically ignore duplicate gigs in the same category to minimize dilution. So, you could do it, but you’ve just wasted time. Just switch up your current gig and see how it goes.