Fiverr Community Forum

Multiple orders at once

Hello there, everyone! I have a bit of a silly question, considering this hasn’t happened yet and probably won’t for some time, but what happens when two different people order the same gig nearly at once? Will the person that came second have to wait for a while, or will the countdown start ticking for both simultaneously? I’ve allowed myself a pace that lets me work on two projects at once if need be, but this would be nice to know before it happens.

Thank you in advance. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

The countdown happens on both the orders as soon as the buyer fills in any necessary requirements and clicks the “I agree” option to “I’ve provided all necessary information…” and clicks “Start Order”.

2 Likes

…okay, that’s mildly terrifying but good to know.

1 Like

In the “gigs” page you can click a gig and there’s a field for “limit orders in queue” so you should be able to limit the number of that gig that can be in the queue at one time (if it works as it should - I think they might still be able to order it sometimes if they have the link but it’s worth limiting it there anyway).

Also you can also increase the no. of days delivery in the gig set up to give yourself a bit more time just in case. It’s better to have spare time there instead of it going late. You could also pause gigs if you get too many orders for them all at once (and/or maybe increase prices).

2 Likes

I used to have a limit of three but took it off since I never have more than one order at a time. If it picks up, I’ll definitely put it back on, though. Thanks for the tips.

2 Likes

Are you saying you want me to outsource work to you?

1 Like

I had serveral times my gigs ordered in same day almost each hour. And there was 7 orders in progress. I didnt judge or cry about it. Just spent maximum of my time what i could do to do it. Otherwise i offered a customer some extra free stuff, for extending delivery for one more day.

1 Like