Fiverr Forum

Multiple User Names For The Same User GRRRR

I just ordered 6 logo design gigs. My idea was that I would give the same gig to 6 different providers. The best logo would net that designer the other 4 logos I need done. The problem is that 4 of the instructions were identical (including very odd misspellings like “l0g0” that are unlikely to be coincidence). Now instead of 6 designers, I have a feeling I am only getting 3 and one of them has racked up 4 gigs. This ought to be a pretty simple thing to weed out for Fiverr, but very tough to tell before you order.

Reply to @kim_talented: That is definitely possible. I see it all the time here on Fiverr and for services advertised through forums. Always fun seeing your own ad that someone has grabbed and then undercut :stuck_out_tongue:

hospform said: This ought to be a pretty simple thing to weed out for Fiverr, but very tough to tell before you order.

That IS a problem and I am sorry this happened to you, I would take issue to Customer Support and let them know.

Reply to @madmoo: And if it were proven that these sellers spam post gigs, I hope Fiverr will suspend those gigs. Gosh I hate sellers who use bots.

Reply to @magisworks: The buyers who use bots are even worse.

Reply to @madmoo: A good solution is for Fiverr to track IP addresses and I bet they do. A buyer or seller with multiple usernames is not hard to spot with their IP address tracked.

I don’t see the point, other than your specific special needs, this is real life even on fiverr.

Sometimes you have …let’s say PLR Private Lable Rights products where people can rename and even edit material and call it their own.

I’ve bought the same thing twice from different people.

Reply to @hotwebideas: There might be occasions where different people/users on the same roof, or internet cafe users, having same IPs…

Quick update. Two of the gigs actually came back with the exact same finished product. Unbelievable. I at least expected to have the same guy sent 4 different designs.

Reply to @hotwebideas: Hmm haven’t encountered any buyer using bots. How would you know that the buyers are bots?

Reply to @hospform: Sounds like a job for customer support. You should be getting your $5 back.

Reply to @anarchofighter: I have as well actually for services that are more concrete. For a creative service (and one that I often see Fiverr advertising on other sites), different designers will have different ideas and final products.

Ouch. That sucks! :confused:

Did you contact customer support? What did they say?

Tracking ip addresses to detect multiple accounts is a great idea. Are we sure one seller didn’t copy from the other, weird spelling and all.

Kim

hospform said: Two of the gigs actually came back with the exact same finished product.

WOAH. I cannot believe that he somehow felt like he could deliver this.

hospform said: This ought to be a pretty simple thing to weed out for Fiverr, but very tough to tell before you order.

That IS a problem and I am sorry this happened to you, I would take issue to Customer Support and let them know.

Reply to @madmoo: And if it were proven that these sellers spam post gigs, I hope Fiverr will suspend those gigs. Gosh I hate sellers who use bots.

Reply to @magisworks: The buyers who use bots are even worse.

Reply to @madmoo: A good solution is for Fiverr to track IP addresses and I bet they do. A buyer or seller with multiple usernames is not hard to spot with their IP address tracked.

I don’t see the point, other than your specific special needs, this is real life even on fiverr.

Sometimes you have …let’s say PLR Private Lable Rights products where people can rename and even edit material and call it their own.

I’ve bought the same thing twice from different people.