Must read! scam sellers please dont fall a victim

magicfingers00

I got this message from someone calling themselves fiverr support team.

premium_login

Dear magicfingers00,

Congrats! You have permission to access our Fiverr premium page.

www.prem***access.tk

Unlock more user options and boost up your sales.

Regards,

Fiverr Support.

I clicked on it but brought clone page of fiverr. but i didnt login. I believe they are scammers. It aint easy to work and at the end of the day somebody duped you your hard earn. Beware SELLERS.

Please, help us to report them because i tried to do only what fiverr did is to block them from messaging me

Sheriff’s Note: Link altered for security reasons. This is definitely a scam.

This is a typical scam that has been going on at this site since I started here. Some are unwitting and do “log in” with their username/password which then the hacker has and will change your payment details (and perhaps even your password so you cannot even get into your account!) so that their PayPal or Payoneer receives your earnings. NEVER click on an outside link in mails that appear to come from those who claim to be Fiverr support or Fiverr success baiting you with promises that they will help boost your Gig… I have seen in my time here many come to the board very upset that their revenues are gone after doing this. And, if you ever notice, when you click to send your revenues to PayPal or Payoneer etc, in the email it will say once you click on that, it cannot be undone and you cannot get back your revenues - which basically means when these scammers click to remove your hard earned funds, they will NOT in most cases (I am sure there is 1% that have) be replaced, you will be out that money. 😦

GG

Basic safety rules:

1-Always double check the URL

2-If a site shows a “.tk” extension, you should know this is free and disposable. It’s very likely used for scams 99% of the time.

3-Anything that sounds too good to be true, is definitely not true.

4-There is no such thing as easy money. There is always a price to pay for it.

5-If you are logged into Fiverr and you stumble upon a “Fiverr” link that requires that you login again, don’t.

6-Never believe any Premium access or special deals that come from any link that is not a direct Fiverr source. Even if it all seems legit, just contact customer support to verify anything you receive.

Note: I have worked in online security and scam detection for several years. This is pretty basic advice, but unfortunately over 80% of internet users are still falling for the most basic tricks.

IT SEEMS FIVERR IS FULL OF SCAMS. MY VERY FIRST GIG BOOKED LAST WEEK WAS WITH A SELLER FRAGGLESROCK AND I HAVE BEEN FRAUDED $120 BY THIS PEICE OF WORK. HE SENT A PNG FILE SO THE SYSTEM WOULD THINK THE JOB WAS COMPLETED AND AS I WAS A NEW USER I HAD NO IDEA THIS MEANT THE JOB WOULD BE VIEWED AS COMPLETE. I AM VERY SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING TAKING TO EVERY FORUM ON THE NET AND SPENDING 24HRS WARNING PEOPLE ABOUT FIVERR (THE REASON I AM ALSO DISGRUNTLED WITH FIVERR ITSELF IS I SENT THROUGH A COMPLAINT & THEY HAVE NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED RECEIPT OR RESPONDED IN ANY WAY). IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ANY ADVICE ON THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH THIS IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. SORRY FOR THE RANT JUST VERY UPSET THAT MY FIRST GIG ON THIS SITE WAS A TOTAL SCAM.

Sheriff’s Note: It is against the forum rules to call out a user by name. Customer Support will get back with you, though it may take a few days. This thread is to warn buyers and sellers about external scams, so you will really need CS for your personal issue.

I wish the SHERIFF was this proactive when it came to INTERNAL scams!!! I am WARNING EVERYBODY about a scam that is current on your site from an internal FAKE USER so instead of being warned about mentioning user names you should be highlighting this user & making sure he is removed and all the money they have scammed returned to the innocent parties. I would never mention a user name unless it was 100% verified that they were not legitimate and since I posted my experience in that users feedback thread, there have been 2 other users complaining that they have been ripped off as well. As you can see I am very frustrated with Fiverr at the moment as they are doing everything wrong in dealing with this matter.

Sheriff’s Note: Forum sheriffs are just volunteer moderators. No sheriff has the ability to help you with an issue of this nature because you need staff to do an internal investigation. The rule regarding the removal of usernames is protect any user, buyer or seller. When sellers (independent contractors) have problems with a buyer, they also want to post the name on the forum and that is not allowed either. Customer Support helps with that, not volunteers.

Archived