Mutual Cancellation Does AFFECTS your Ranking #FACT

honest_chick

I am of the conviction that Fiverr mutual Cancellation does affect your gig ranking and refuse to belief that Fuverr is being fully transparent about it.

I joined Fiverr almost 2 years ago and right from my first month in here I have been honest and worked really hard and it has been paying pretty well. My gigs were not really top on the page but decently placed so I was making just above fair sales.

However, since the implementation of this mutual Cancellation reflecting as a cancellation last month, my ranking had slowly dropped proportionately with each mutual Cancellation I initiate. The most annoying thing is some of these cancellations are not even due to my fault but those of clients who accidentally order.

It is so bad that I’ve barely gotten​ any sale this month which is soooo unusual. Right now it stands at 80% and I am honestly worried, because it may have to take 60 days before this shyt passes…

Well… I guess we sellers are all in it together…😥

The way Fiverr has it in their help files as of today is:

"Evaluation

All cancellations are taken into account when evaluating a seller. Fiverr is aware that some cancellations are inevitable, therefore, those types of cancellations will have a lower impact on your performance scores, which affect your ranking. "

https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087748-Cancellations

This is another helpful new link:

https://www.fiverr.com/academy/quality/cancellations-and-how-to-avoid-them

{Reply is void} Lol 😁

Mutual cancellation doesnot affect your ranking. It’s the secret review that the Buyer gives after each mutual cancellation that does.

All cancellations can technically affect you now. They’ve put new info out in the help files (linked above or blasted out in screaming bold by DJ.) 🙂

Buyer requested additional work… Is it better for buyers to send mutual cancellation?

Buyer requested additional work… Is it better for buyers to send mutual cancellation?

I cannot say with certainty yet whether “Buyer sending the MC” has any effect on this evaluation, however, the REASON why an order is being cancelled is paramount here.

Fiverr has been frowning upon cancellations for a while to the point that there seems to have been an amendment added now to the policy, stated as “Evaluations”.

Buyer requested additional work…” as a cancellation reason would be mean, it WAS possible to complete this order, but was chosen as not to. Thus the penalty in points would be greater.

Hope I made sense…

A very odd change to punish sellers due to buyer’s ignorance. Every week I get people who order by mistake or change their mind suddenly after placing the order and wants to cancel.

If that is seller’s fault, then at least make the buying process a bit harder so it’s not possible to accidentally order. A few pop-ups confirming that the buyer is sure should do the trick. 😣

But the question is, is it better to deny those mistake order cancellations and take a negative instead? Which one will affect rankings more? 😏

My experience is that if it is a mistake or the buyer is not responsive then there is less of a penalty.

Why should there be a penalty at all? Is that even right? This is going to create an avenue for scorned sellers or other competitors to pull down another’s gig.

A very odd change to punish sellers due to buyer’s ignorance. Every week I get people who order by mistake or change their mind suddenly after placing the order and wants to cancel.

If that is seller’s fault, then at least make the buying process a bit harder so it’s not possible to accidentally order. A few pop-ups confirming that the buyer is sure should do the trick. 😣

But the question is, is it better to deny those mistake order cancellations and take a negative instead? Which one will affect rankings more? 😏

I am not sure there IS a penalty if it was a mistake or the buyer is not responsive.

Some one with malicious intent can still order, feign they were not satisfied with the work and cancel after all your effort. This mutual cancellation having an effect is totally unfair to sellers. It should be scrapped, since it barely has any use.

I think people need to calm down and realize that fiverr has said it knows there are times when it is not the seller’s fault and they have taken steps to not punish sellers for those.

Ummmm… Wait till cunning buyers see it, you will end up doing multiple $5 gigs you didn’t bargain for…lol. I’m just kinda worried over it all. Sellers should be given some pedestal too. For instance in the last year, what positive change has Fiverr made to improve the welfare of sellers? 😥

So I officially got my first cancellation today - mutual cancellation - because of a certain buyer who placed an order, and then…poof!; disappeared. I am just a writer; this guy requested a product review, left no product name but dropped a link to the product. I later got to find out this was not a weblink, but a product download link (this product was 1.6GB 😲!!).

I requested the product name {silence!}, suggested an extra to cover the cost of download - data is so expensive in my country {more silence}; order ran late…silence. Eventually, I got fed up and requested a cancellation; took him a while, but he accepted it. So, now I’m stuck - his fault; my problem. What to do? I’ll just move on, I guess.

Still dunno why MC should affect the seller…

Ummmm… Wait till cunning buyers see it, you will end up doing multiple $5 gigs you didn’t bargain for…lol. I’m just kinda worried over it all. Sellers should be given some pedestal too. For instance in the last year, what positive change has Fiverr made to improve the welfare of sellers? 😥

For instance in the last year, what positive change has Fiverr made to improve the welfare of sellers?

This is just what I can think of without too much effort:

• Fiverr purchased this new forum for buyers and sellers, but primarily used by sellers to communicate and get new info, etc.
  • Fiverr changed the review feature so that a buyer can’t leave a positive review and then demand freebies with a threat to change the review. (Buyers cannot change a review without the seller’s permission.)
  • A new Analytics dashboard was created. Some people like it, some don’t, but it was done with the intent of improving transparency and information access.
  • A new ad campaign is out, which has recieved a lot of attention both positive and negative. Ultimately it has brought more traffic to the site and in the long run that is a good thing, so regardless of it’s success I think it was done with intent to improve sales and the pool of sellers.
  • Fiverr has begun to crackdown on false profiles, faked locations, and sellers who claim skills they don’t have. That will benefit quality sellers in time.
  • The CEO of Fiverr did a live Q&A on Twitter and all sellers were invited via the forum. It was essentially on time and he did actually provide some feedback on the first few questions. It’s a small effort, but still an effort.

There are more new things that have happened lately, but that’s what I remember in a few minutes.

For instance in the last year, what positive change has Fiverr made to improve the welfare of sellers?

This is just what I can think of without too much effort:

• Fiverr purchased this new forum for buyers and sellers, but primarily used by sellers to communicate and get new info, etc.
  • Fiverr changed the review feature so that a buyer can’t leave a positive review and then demand freebies with a threat to change the review. (Buyers cannot change a review without the seller’s permission.)
  • A new Analytics dashboard was created. Some people like it, some don’t, but it was done with the intent of improving transparency and information access.
  • A new ad campaign is out, which has recieved a lot of attention both positive and negative. Ultimately it has brought more traffic to the site and in the long run that is a good thing, so regardless of it’s success I think it was done with intent to improve sales and the pool of sellers.
  • Fiverr has begun to crackdown on false profiles, faked locations, and sellers who claim skills they don’t have. That will benefit quality sellers in time.
  • The CEO of Fiverr did a live Q&A on Twitter and all sellers were invited via the forum. It was essentially on time and he did actually provide some feedback on the first few questions. It’s a small effort, but still an effort.

There are more new things that have happened lately, but that’s what I remember in a few minutes.

160664022_mutualcancellation.png.8b0d6efba3fefb43918db8203c3033ba.png

I love how this tedious bullcrap affects my rating. And yes, that is a hint of prickliness in my reply. I am prickly not because of this, er, person, but the system. All but one of my orders (in the past 60 days) has been cancelled due to this kind of… wonderment. Yet, it’s there for me to observe, on a platform that told me for years that mutual cancellations didn’t matter at all (despite ongoing evidence to the contrary), and is now still shifting those goalposts. Like, note in the FAQ (linked below), when it comes to dealing with this situation, there’s fluff and nothingness. Just something about abuse.

#The buyer ordered by mistake or ordered twice.

In this case, it’s the buyer responsibility to cancel the order. However, if the buyer does not cancel the order, we recommend using the Resolution Center to initiate cancellation.

FAQ: A buyer was abusive and kept demanding and ordering things I don’t provide and my only option was to cancel, will this cancellation affect me?

Fiverr understands that some orders may result in cancellations because the buyer is difficult to work with. Therefore, Fiverr “flags” those buyers with a history of poor collaboration, and these cancellation won’t count against you.

Ultimately, I don’t know how this affects me, and I’m left feeling very antagonized towards a… person… and wondering exactly what this means. My metrics go down while this ship sails on into the night to crash into some other iceberg, leaving this one in worse shape. Worse yet… who gets the review? It’s tit about arse.

The CEO of Fiverr did a live Q&A on Twitter and all sellers were invited via the forum. It was essentially on time and he did actually provide some feedback on the first few questions. It’s a small effort, but still an effort.

Slight nitpick, but users were only alerted to this when it was going on, which meant a lot of people missed out on it. In the interest of fairness though, a lot of Qs were dull reducing payment time scales and other whines of the terminally lost.

/rant

I love how this tedious bullcrap affects my rating. And yes, that is a hint of prickliness in my reply. I am prickly not because of this, er, person, but the system. All but one of my orders (in the past 60 days) has been cancelled due to this kind of… wonderment. Yet, it’s there for me to observe, on a platform that told me for years that mutual cancellations didn’t matter at all (despite ongoing evidence to the contrary), and is now still shifting those goalposts. Like, note in the FAQ (linked below), when it comes to dealing with this situation, there’s fluff and nothingness. Just something about abuse.

#The buyer ordered by mistake or ordered twice.

In this case, it’s the buyer responsibility to cancel the order. However, if the buyer does not cancel the order, we recommend using the Resolution Center to initiate cancellation.

FAQ: A buyer was abusive and kept demanding and ordering things I don’t provide and my only option was to cancel, will this cancellation affect me?

Fiverr understands that some orders may result in cancellations because the buyer is difficult to work with. Therefore, Fiverr “flags” those buyers with a history of poor collaboration, and these cancellation won’t count against you.

Ultimately, I don’t know how this affects me, and I’m left feeling very antagonized towards a… person… and wondering exactly what this means. My metrics go down while this ship sails on into the night to crash into some other iceberg, leaving this one in worse shape. Worse yet… who gets the review? It’s tit about arse.

The CEO of Fiverr did a live Q&A on Twitter and all sellers were invited via the forum. It was essentially on time and he did actually provide some feedback on the first few questions. It’s a small effort, but still an effort.

Slight nitpick, but users were only alerted to this when it was going on, which meant a lot of people missed out on it. In the interest of fairness though, a lot of Qs were dull reducing payment time scales and other whines of the terminally lost.

/rant

Slight nitpick, but users were only alerted to this when it was going on

Entirely agreed. Fiverr has plenty they could improve on, including offering more opportunities for user communication with advance notice. I’m not sure how I feel about this cancellation thing either. However, since the question was related to what Fiverr has done for sellers and the questioner seemed to feel there had been no attempts made, I wanted to point out some positive tries. I see change and while it may be far from perfect, it’s better then resting on past success and ignoring the need for change. 🙂

As to the CEO thing, since there have been some past plans for staff/user interaction that didn’t work out well, I figured this one at least actually happened so it was worth mention. 😛

Slight nitpick, but users were only alerted to this when it was going on

Entirely agreed. Fiverr has plenty they could improve on, including offering more opportunities for user communication with advance notice. I’m not sure how I feel about this cancellation thing either. However, since the question was related to what Fiverr has done for sellers and the questioner seemed to feel there had been no attempts made, I wanted to point out some positive tries. I see change and while it may be far from perfect, it’s better then resting on past success and ignoring the need for change. 🙂

As to the CEO thing, since there have been some past plans for staff/user interaction that didn’t work out well, I figured this one at least actually happened so it was worth mention. 😛

I wonder what happened to Bruce Almighty?

Anyway, just gonna drop this here in case anyone wants to see how the Twitter interview with the beloved CEO went:

t*********m RO-Cl2jU_400x400.jpg

Micha Kaufman (michakaufman)

As part of our new #InDoersWeTrust campaign I want your thoughts: What can @Fiverr improve on or create in 2017 to help you do? #Fiverr2017

I get that the cancellation thing is to hit the bad sellers, but I question it, as for every one banned, there’s 30 more springing up in their place. I won’t go through the flaw with this latest initiative as they’ve already been done to death, and there’s no point. Show me one huge, global website that doesn’t have anything more than an inadequate and overworked skeleton staff aided by a hardy team of volunteers.

My beady little finger of blame points at these millionaire and billionaire innovators who aren’t innovating in one area…those who made it happen. Did you see that neato Uber vid last week where the CEO of Uber was in one of his own taxis with two blondes hanging off him criticizing his drivers (he backpedaled once it went viral. He said it was an ‘opportunity to be humble’. My arse, you slimy…)

In conclusion, I am wagging my finger at people who ain’t listening, which is like a lot of moans on the forum. But I do it better, other moaners!

Archived