Mutual Cancellation vs Cancellation by Customer Support

animexstudios5r

Hello everyone.

I was told by customer support a few months back that Mutual Cancellation has effect on my cancellation rate, so if an order needs to be cancelled, it is better to have Customer Support cancel the order for me, as it is not going to have any effect on my cancellation rating or hurt my profile in any way.

So if an order was placed in error by a buyer, I always asked Support to cancel any orders for me instead of mutual cancellation. And that was the only reason for ALL of my order cancellations: orders placed in error by a buyer. Now I’ve been demoted ONLY due to my order cancellation rate, or more specifically ONLY due to cancellation of orders placed in error BY THE BUYER.

Now I’m being told that by Customer Support that “Mutually cancelling orders… still affect(s) the cancellation rate, but does allow a lessor affect.”

My question is: What’s really safer for my profile and my cancellation rating? Mutual Cancellation vs Cancellation by Customer Support

Or are both really the same? Because I am also being told by Customer Support that “all cancellations affect the cancellation rate, even if we cancel them for you.”

I have a new order placed in error by a buyer which he/she has requested to be cancelled and I don’t know whether to accept Mutual Cancellation or to contact Customer Support to do it.

So i’m looking to clear the confusion.

Thanks.
Fahad.

Guest offlinehelpers

Hello everyone.

I was told by customer support a few months back that Mutual Cancellation has effect on my cancellation rate, so if an order needs to be cancelled, it is better to have Customer Support cancel the order for me, as it is not going to have any effect on my cancellation rating or hurt my profile in any way.

So if an order was placed in error by a buyer, I always asked Support to cancel any orders for me instead of mutual cancellation. And that was the only reason for ALL of my order cancellations: orders placed in error by a buyer. Now I’ve been demoted ONLY due to my order cancellation rate, or more specifically ONLY due to cancellation of orders placed in error BY THE BUYER.

Now I’m being told that by Customer Support that “Mutually cancelling orders… still affect(s) the cancellation rate, but does allow a lessor affect.”

My question is: What’s really safer for my profile and my cancellation rating? Mutual Cancellation vs Cancellation by Customer Support

Or are both really the same? Because I am also being told by Customer Support that “all cancellations affect the cancellation rate, even if we cancel them for you.”

I have a new order placed in error by a buyer which he/she has requested to be cancelled and I don’t know whether to accept Mutual Cancellation or to contact Customer Support to do it.

So i’m looking to clear the confusion.

Thanks.

Fahad.

all cancellations affect the cancellation rate, even if we cancel them for you.

That seems to be the case for everybody. They’ll both reduce your completion rate - sorry. 🙁

• 9 months later...

That seems to be unfair on sellers.

I just had a client send an order that clearly needed to have commercial usage added as an extra but was not prepared to pay for this. The client even came back wanting more words for $5 with complete usage, which is totally unacceptable to me

It seems to be manifestly unfair that my ranking is affected because an unscrupulous client wants to order something that I am not prepared to offer

That seems to be unfair on sellers.

I just had a client send an order that clearly needed to have commercial usage added as an extra but was not prepared to pay for this. The client even came back wanting more words for $5 with complete usage, which is totally unacceptable to me

It seems to be manifestly unfair that my ranking is affected because an unscrupulous client wants to order something that I am not prepared to offer

Double your prices, Gavin - that will filter out most of the “interesting” buyers …

• 8 months later...

Double your prices, Gavin - that will filter out most of the “interesting” buyers …

I agree, that’s the best thing you could do. Though higher prices means less jobs, and any cancellation then can still affect your ranking. (on the other hand if you have many jobs, one cancellation won’t have much effect).

• 1 year later...

I just had a case where a buyer made and order and after reviewing their requirements, I said that I truly can’t add any value to their request and I said I would send them a request to cancel the gig so they would get their funds back.

This was satisfactory to the buyer and they thanked me for my honesty. I sent the request and they cancelled as per the process.

I then see that I have gone form a 100% order completion rating to a lesser percentage.

I already lost my Level 1 rating last month because of a response rate. I ignored some kids in the U.K that were punking me with spam messages under different usernames.

🥴

I am having a dilemma now. I can deliver the work and the seller won’t notice that the work is flawed (because she seems nice and doesn’t know how it works) but the information she has given me isn’t enough for me to do a good job.

I’m worried about the algorithm if I cancel as well. If I explain the situation to her, she can report me.

I am having a dilemma now. I can deliver the work and the seller won’t notice that the work is flawed (because she seems nice and doesn’t know how it works) but the information she has given me isn’t enough for me to do a good job.

I’m worried about the algorithm if I cancel as well. If I explain the situation to her, she can report me.

Did you not ask your buyer to provide more information?

• 1 month later...

My success manager and the Fiverr manager have both assured me that cancellation(s) as a buyer will not affect my seller’s side… I had a cancellation 2-3 days ago and my impression was 0 across the board yesterday.

This is even worse when I just joined, I had between 3 – 10… never a ZERO.

Of course… it’s my suspicion. It’s too obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

I too was promised by CS support said “We’ll make sure it wont affect” ranking but immediately the next day upto months, my gigs went to last page…
I give up looking at cancel stats and their seller dashboard already, its just not worth it.
Luckily I am active on other freelancing platforms too so even when there’s no clients coming in here in Fiverr.

• 2 weeks later...

My success manager and the Fiverr manager have both assured me that cancellation(s) as a buyer will not affect my seller’s side… I had a cancellation 2-3 days ago and my impression was 0 across the board yesterday.

This is even worse when I just joined, I had between 3 – 10… never a ZERO.

Of course… it’s my suspicion. It’s too obvious.

Hope you figure out how to solve this…if yes… please share…

My gig impressions and clicks are at zero for the last 3 weeks due to cancellation.

Archived