My 20 days experience here

lena_80469

Hello

I am new to fiverr, not even a whole month here and I am getting really confused. I am seeing the gigs of some people here offering a hard and complicated work for even 5$ or 50$, a work that worth at least 500 $. I know that is the concept of Fiverr, do something with 5$; BUT if you are an experienced tech, you know that you can´t build a whole website for 5$ in 2 days or 50$.I guess you get what you are paying.
Then a lot of people say here that I should answer to buyers request to get first order. Ok. Most of the times the buyers requests are not relevant to what I do, and when they are, they ask something that worth a lot more for a few bucks.
I am seeing here a lot of people offering things that they don´t know what it is, and then are arguing that they don´t have sales. How can someone sale, when is offering writing in English services, without even knowing the language?
My conclusion is, that I won´t bother so much anymore.

I answered a similar post by another seller who was troubled by the low prices of other sellers. You can see it here

Now imagine if you could reproduce that conversion rate on a global scale. That is the opportunity that Fiverr gives you. Stop looking at the sellers with hundreds of $5 orders - they are not selling to your target market. Those buyers would never pay £150 for some artwork in the same way as those at the convention would never look at $5 paintings. It’s like selling Mercedes vs a bike with a flat tyre. Completely unrelated other than they both have wheels. If your work is worth what you say i…

I answered a similar post by another seller who was troubled by the low prices of other sellers. You can see it here

Now imagine if you could reproduce that conversion rate on a global scale. That is the opportunity that Fiverr gives you. Stop looking at the sellers with hundreds of $5 orders - they are not selling to your target market. Those buyers would never pay £150 for some artwork in the same way as those at the convention would never look at $5 paintings. It’s like selling Mercedes vs a bike with a flat tyre. Completely unrelated other than they both have wheels. If your work is worth what you say i…

Hi eoinfinnegan

I agree with you.

…and what makes me wonder, is that when someone posts here something like “Helpppppp I need to make salesssss” There will be at least 20 answers saying the same thing bla bla bla.

But when someone wants to post a real conversation, then OK you get 1 answer. It is like that nobody wants to start a real conversation or so.

Guest offlinehelpers

…and what makes me wonder, is that when someone posts here something like “Helpppppp I need to make salesssss” There will be at least 20 answers saying the same thing bla bla bla.

But when someone wants to post a real conversation, then OK you get 1 answer. It is like that nobody wants to start a real conversation or so.

It is like that nobody wants to start a real conversation or so.

What would you like to talk about? ☀️

You covered a fair few different topics in your first post - maybe if you post a specific topic in the ‘Conversations’ section of the forum you’ll get more people joining in. 🙂

I think that´s an issue all forums have to deal with. There are always new people for whom everything is new and who´ll post “the same thing”, there are always old people who have already conversed every possible conversation topic bare real news. Usually, if an interesting or just unusual topic gets posted, people will jump at it. See the looong forum-Limerick-thread, for instance. 😉 I remember a lot of interesting conversations. You need to develop the skill to quickly skim (or mute) the noise and recognize the pearls (depending on your personal taste).

Hello

I am new to fiverr, not even a whole month here and I am getting really confused. I am seeing the gigs of some people here offering a hard and complicated work for even 5$ or 50$, a work that worth at least 500 $. I know that is the concept of Fiverr, do something with 5$; BUT if you are an experienced tech, you know that you can´t build a whole website for 5$ in 2 days or 50$.I guess you get what you are paying.

Then a lot of people say here that I should answer to buyers request to get first order. Ok. Most of the times the buyers requests are not relevant to what I do, and when they are, they ask something that worth a lot more for a few bucks.

I am seeing here a lot of people offering things that they don´t know what it is, and then are arguing that they don´t have sales. How can someone sale, when is offering writing in English services, without even knowing the language?

Seeing as you would like some more replies, I will give you another one - I’m generous like that 😉

Your conclusion is the complete opposite to mine when I see all of those posts. They make me realize that a little effort makes a huge difference and a huge effort will, well, etc. It is often mentioned that there are too few really solid looking, trustworthy Website Creators on Fiverr. There is absolutely a huge opportunity for the right person there, if they are prepared to really make the effort to go for it.

As I said in my response to the other user,

all I can see that you have done is show up and make the “effort” of creating a couple of gigs which look pretty much the same … as what is offered by others”. Essentially, your main gig is priced at $995 and takes 14 days. Now, that is not off as such, however there is nobody on the site that will pay that for someone with zero reviews.

Try creating packages made up of different price points with various ideas. Steer away from the bullet list that looks exactly like what everyone else has and instead focus on what you will do differently for the buyer.

Differentiate yourself from the crowd, perhaps buy a couple of those cheap gigs and see what they do for that money. When I started offering SEO here, it was after buying around $200 worth of SEO gigs to see what the others actually offered and realizing that the opportunity was there to offer high end, high quality services and not the outdated and backward methods that I saw elsewhere. That’s how my SEO gig is one of the most expensive on Fiverr, yet I pause it regularly due to being overbooked.

The same is true of my marketing consultation gig - bought a few from others, realized that everything I saw was rehashed templates from 5 year old PLR articles. That was a year ago and now I am the most rated Marketing Consultant on the site.

Do some research, hone your service, be competitive and engage with buyers when they contact you, but give them a reason to do so as well as offering lower price points that people can “test” you with.

Bet you are sorry you asked for more replies now, eh?

Seeing as you would like some more replies, I will give you another one - I’m generous like that 😉

Your conclusion is the complete opposite to mine when I see all of those posts. They make me realize that a little effort makes a huge difference and a huge effort will, well, etc. It is often mentioned that there are too few really solid looking, trustworthy Website Creators on Fiverr. There is absolutely a huge opportunity for the right person there, if they are prepared to really make the effort to go for it.

all I can see that you have done is show up and make the “effort” of creating a couple of gigs which look pretty much the same … as what is offered by others”. Essentially, your main gig is priced at $995 and takes 14 days. Now, that is not off as such, however there is nobody on the site that will pay that for someone with zero reviews.

Try creating packages made up of different price points with various ideas. Steer away from the bullet list that looks exactly like what everyone else has and instead focus on what you will do differently for the buyer.

Differentiate yourself from the crowd, perhaps buy a couple of those cheap gigs and see what they do for that money. When I started offering SEO here, it was after buying around $200 worth of SEO gigs to see what the others actually offered and realizing that the opportunity was there to offer high end, high quality services and not the outdated and backward methods that I saw elsewhere. That’s how my SEO gig is one of the most expensive on Fiverr, yet I pause it regularly due to being overbooked.

The same is true of my marketing consultation gig - bought a few from others, realized that everything I saw was rehashed templates from 5 year old PLR articles. That was a year ago and now I am the most rated Marketing Consultant on the site.

Do some research, hone your service, be competitive and engage with buyers when they contact you, but give them a reason to do so as well as offering lower price points that people can “test” you with.

I see this too. It’s an open marketplace where everyone is free to try things.

It is self regulating so someone who is bad at something won’t do very well.

Don´t be sure that I am sorry 🙂

It crossed my mind to buy some of this cheap gigs, to see what they are doing. I don´t know why I haven´t done it yet. I might do it. This might give me an idea of what different I can offer.

Thank you for your generosity!

It is often mentioned that there are too few really solid looking, trustworthy Website Creators on Fiverr. There is absolutely a huge opportunity for the right person there, if they are prepared to really make the effort to go for it.

It’s frustrating trying to find a good website creator. I asked one the other day to send me some links to sites he has designed and some of the links he sent were dead, some were to sites that were not operational, and every one of the sites was really bad. None of them were functional or professional.

It is often mentioned that there are too few really solid looking, trustworthy Website Creators on Fiverr. There is absolutely a huge opportunity for the right person there, if they are prepared to really make the effort to go for it.

It’s frustrating trying to find a good website creator. I asked one the other day to send me some links to sites he has designed and some of the links he sent were dead, some were to sites that were not operational, and every one of the sites was really bad. None of them were functional or professional.

I just can´t understand that. How could he or she send you broken websites as his/her portfolio? It is better to say, that “I don´t have anything to show you”.

I just can´t understand that. How could he or she send you broken websites as his/her portfolio? It is better to say, that “I don´t have anything to show you”.

Because they are totally unprofessional and shouldn’t be on fiverr with a gig to make websites. Yet there they are wondering why no one buys their gigs.

There are times that I’m shocked at the low prices here. It makes me think either the new seller doesn’t know or produces poor quality. Either way, it makes me curious when their portfolio looks amazing.

I’ve ordered out of curiosity few times. It’s 50/50.

For $5, I received an amazing photoshpped work that looked like original painting, from what I gave him. He was new, he’s selling same great work for hundreds now. I got one heck of a bargain, as he was working for reviews then (guessing).

I hired a crazy seller offering 5000 word proofing for $5. I didn’t expect much from her - but what I got back was so great, I hired her to redo & rewrite my whole book. She’s no longer here but, she too gradually raised her prices.

Some sellers literally work for pennies on the hour to get in the 🚪.

It could work or it could back 🔥 .

When your prices are too low, it could deter serious buyer because they think you don’t know what you’re doing. It could also attract clueless buyers who wants the world for $5.

OTOH, it could get you serious, curious or business buyer to try them out. This could lead to great reviews, gratuity and eventually a status on 5r.

Archived