My 5 month at fiverr so far: great disappointment

falksound

Hi community!

I’m here since march trying to get gigs. I’m working with sound and music, having 5 gigs online. I put in a lot of effort to get things rolling: I watched the online course about making good gigs, tried different categories, different tags, gig titles. I made videos…
After all I got one order and earned 10 bucks. In 5 months!
Time to give up? Time to move on? Maybe another plattform is better for audio?

What is your experience? What do yout hink? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your comments…

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sad,Please u naver give up,
You did’nt succes,I think there must be some problem,

You have to fix it,You should show Your gigs profile,discription to any succes man on fiverr,

Then it will be fine,please, Naver give up,

Insha allah,One day succes will come to your life,

So sad,Please u naver give up,

You did’nt succes,I think there must be some problem,

You have to fix it,You should show Your gigs profile,discription to any succes man on fiverr,

Then it will be fine,please, Naver give up,

Insha allah,One day succes will come to your life,

Well it’s not about giving it all up. But maybe some other plattform will work better in terms of audio gigs.

Well done on putting in so much effort - it’s a shame it’s not paid off so far.

I’ve been selling on Fiverr for seven years now. Anecdotally I can tell you that the number of sellers has gone through the roof in recent months. The competition is fierce and sadly the many new bad sellers drown out the good sellers.

You only need to spend 10 minutes browsing the forums to see posts like “new seller what do I do?” and “new seller no sales” and “new seller can I buy reviews?”.

Again anecdotally, long-term sellers who had built a good reputation prior to the boom in new sellers still appear to be doing well, but many new sellers are struggling.

There’s no point in giving up as you’ve done the hard bit already (creating your gigs) - but maybe just let your gigs be and hope that a buyer comes along.

I’ve been selling on Fiverr for seven years now. Anecdotally I can tell you that the number of sellers has gone through the roof in recent months. The competition is fierce and sadly the many new bad sellers drown out the good sellers.

You only need to spend 10 minutes browsing the forums to see posts like “new seller what do I do?” and “new seller no sales” and “new seller can I buy reviews?”.

Again anecdotally, long-term sellers who had built a good reputation prior to the boom in new sellers still appear to be doing well, but many new sellers are struggling.

There’s no point in giving up as you’ve done the hard bit already (creating your gigs) - but maybe just let your gigs be and hope that a buyer comes along.

one thing i want to say is do not give up!

Thanks for your detailed answer. Well, it won’t hurt just letting my gigs be and wait. Meanwhile I think I will move on and see if there is a place which is working better for me.

I noticed in your forum profile that one of the ‘likes’ you’ve given was to a ‘videos guarantee sales’ thread. The first line there was deceptive. Fiverr does say videos can help, but it is not a guarantee.

If I may ask, what is that?

image.jpg.8fe8f17ef07e4ed64aa7f5cb7d3fe630.jpg
image849×527 142 KB

Also, that link that lloydsolutions has in their thread is good, but here: forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views (<-- this one has filters applied)

Specific to your gig, please see (FAQ) point 1: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

I noticed in your forum profile that one of the ‘likes’ you’ve given was to a ‘videos guarantee sales’ thread. The first line there was deceptive. Fiverr does say videos can help, but it is not a guarantee.

Also, that link that lloydsolutions has in their thread is good, but here: forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views (<-- this one has filters applied)

Specific to your gig, please see (FAQ) point 1: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

I noticed in your forum profile that one of the ‘likes’ you’ve given was to a ‘videos guarantee sales’ thread. The first line there was deceptive. Fiverr does say videos can help , but it is not a guarantee.

Yes I know it’s not a guarantee

Oh! I don’t know. In my preview everything looks fine.

174756075_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-28um17_32_12.thumb.jpg.d1864d23c073df850b26328cdf5d9838.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-28 um 17.32.121580×1122 437 KB

Why is there such a difference between your preview of my gigs and my preview? Your version looks awful and may explain some things

In that second link I shared, please see (IMG) point 2.

I use chrome as a browser and my monitor display is 1366 x 768.

Thanks for your links. I checked those thumbnails from my profile preview and it looks fine. I’ll contact the support about this

Be aware that they can take upwards of 10 days to reply. It might be better to make the images with that extra margin in mind so that what’s cut-off won’t matter.

Also, that “what is that” was the second image, shown when I was clicking through them. I did stare at it a bit longer, and is it suppose to be a soundboard?

Be aware that they can take upwards of 10 days to reply. It might be better to make the images with that extra margin in mind so that what’s cut-off won’t matter.

Also, that “what is that” was the second image, shown when I was clicking through them. I did stare at it a bit longer, and is it suppose to be a soundboard?

Yes it is an audiomixer

Do not give up. Have you tried sending buyer requests and check gig analytics daily? That might solve your issue.

Have you tried sending buyer requests and check gig analytics daily?

Gig analytics were dead for quite some time. Didn’t send any requests. Thanks for reminding me, I’ll do that

How Fiverr’s Search Algorithm Works

1. Get Your First Order ASAP.
  2. Do Proper On-Page SEO of your Gig . Add keywords to Gig Title. Add the right Keywords to Tags. …
  3. Make trustworthy clients.
  4. Increase your conversion rate.
  5. Have a good Average Selling Rate.
  6. Stay online 24/7.
  7. Become a Higher Level Seller.
  8. Promote your Gigs on Social Media.

2. Do Proper On-Page SEO of your Gig . Add keywords to Gig Title. Add the right Keywords to Tags. …
  6. Stay online 24/7.

Great! Thanks for your tips!

6. Stay online 24/7.

Stay online 24/7.

No way. I have a private life too 😉

It seems to me that fiverr does not work that way, the new ones are thrown into the very bottom and no one sees them! It is clear that it is better to go to a trusted person, but after all, many newbies and beginners can do better and more, only they do not see them!

6. Stay online 24/7.

how to get this first order? that’s the problem, because you can’t get up without it

Well it’s not about giving it all up. But maybe some other plattform will work better in terms of audio gigs.

Hey, lately i watched a buntch of videos on youtube about making money with voice over, reading books, and other stuff. You can do a little research and see if there is another site that could serve you while fiverr go slow.

Archived