My account was flagged for using the delivery button to send incomplete, partial, or an empty delivery

alexmitar

Can this be solved or am I going to have my account suspended?
Here is the message I sent to Fiverr Support with all the details of what happened:

Hi Fiverr,

I would like to break down my process of creating cinematographic commercials for clients and hopefully recover my flagged account and clean the wargings I received for using the delivery button to send incomplete deliveries.

In order for me to be able to complete these big projects I have to break them down into 3 stages / payments:

Stage 1
PRE-PRODUCTION

• Creating a Shot List
  • Scouting for Filming Locations
  • Casting Actors, Models, Performers
    (modelling, acting, or location fees will be added in this offer to be able to pay the actors and get location approvals for filming)

Stage 2
PRODUCTION

• High Quality Full 4K Cinematographic Filming

Stage 3
POST-PRODUCTION

• Advanced Editing
  • Colour Grading
  • Sound Design
  • Clean Titles

Now in order for me to move into production and start filming I have to add modelling, acting, or location fees into the first offer of pre-production so I can pay the actors and get location approvals for filming. So basically I cannot start filming if pre-production isn’t paid first and when I deliver the pre-production offer I am getting warnings for sending incomplete deliveries.

I heard that there will be a new option added which will allow sellers to send bigger offers divided into multiple milestone payments but it is not there yet.

I would also like to point out that there are some clients for which I completed pre-production or production on my account but I cannot contact them anymore, send them the next offer and finish their projects because my account is flagged. I can only contact the clients I have an open offer with.

I really hope we can find a way in which I can move forward with my projects through Fiverr without breaking any TOS rules.
Also the delivery time on my projects might have been a bit slower lately, this is because of all the Covid19 situation which slows down the process of casting actors and getting filming location approvals. Unfortunately this is not something I can control and I really hope Covid19 disappears soon!

Thank you for taking the time to go through everything I wrote!

I am looking forward to your answers and hopefully positive results to my account.

Have a fantastic day!
Alex Mitar

There’s already a milestone function, but I guess this gig wouldn’t function with regular orders, sending empty or incomplete deliveries is against ToS anyway, you should’ve contacted CS before selling.

My clients don’t purchase my gigs. I only send them custom offers broken down into 3 stages and explain my process to them but it seems like that’s against Fiverr TOS and I can’t find a way in which I can use Fiverr without breaking the rules…

Here is the message I sent to Fiverr Support with all the details of what happened:

Hi Fiverr,

I would like to break down my process of creating cinematographic commercials for clients and hopefully recover my flagged account and clean the wargings I received for using the delivery button to send incomplete deliveries.

In order for me to be able to complete these big projects I have to break them down into 3 stages / payments:

Stage 1

PRE-PRODUCTION

• Creating a Shot List
  • Scouting for Filming Locations
  • Casting Actors, Models, Performers

(modelling, acting, or location fees will be added in this offer to be able to pay the actors and get location approvals for filming)

Stage 2

PRODUCTION

• High Quality Full 4K Cinematographic Filming

Stage 3

POST-PRODUCTION

• Advanced Editing
  • Colour Grading
  • Sound Design
  • Clean Titles

Now in order for me to move into production and start filming I have to add modelling, acting, or location fees into the first offer of pre-production so I can pay the actors and get location approvals for filming. So basically I cannot start filming if pre-production isn’t paid first and when I deliver the pre-production offer I am getting warnings for sending incomplete deliveries.

I heard that there will be a new option added which will allow sellers to send bigger offers divided into multiple milestone payments but it is not there yet.

I would also like to point out that there are some clients for which I completed pre-production or production on my account but I cannot contact them anymore, send them the next offer and finish their projects because my account is flagged. I can only contact the clients I have an open offer with.

I really hope we can find a way in which I can move forward with my projects through Fiverr without breaking any TOS rules.

Also the delivery time on my projects might have been a bit slower lately, this is because of all the Covid19 situation which slows down the process of casting actors and getting filming location approvals. Unfortunately this is not something I can control and I really hope Covid19 disappears soon!

Thank you for taking the time to go through everything I wrote!

I am looking forward to your answers and hopefully positive results to my account.

Have a fantastic day!

Alex Mitar

Check this out: Don't do it! .... You Have Been Warned!

Hi Alex,

Firstly, getting a warning for incomplete delivery doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll lose your account or anything like that. You get 3 warnings, so as long as you don’t get any more flags you should be fine.

I do understand your dilemma. In a way, unfortunately for you, you’re trying to use Fiverr in a way that it’s not really designed for. That’s not to say you can’t do this, it’s just that it comes with risks, like being flagged for a TOS violation. It might be something to keep in mind when deciding if Fiverr is a suitable platform for your business.

It might be worth speaking with Customer Support, and seeing if you can agree on clear deliverables for each step, then explain exactly what you’ll deliver to the clients. In other words, if you buy ‘pre-production’, what you’re actually buying is a Project Plan document, compiled of the shot list, a breakdown of the filming locations, and a full breakdown of casting. The cost for this project plan would be quite high, as you’re obviously using some of the money to pay people. But so long as both you and the client are in agreement that what they’re ‘buying’ is technically a PPT/Word doc, and you deliver it, you wouldn’t be in breach of the TOS. (in my mind at least, and people do sell filming gigs here on Fiverr. Heck, some people even fly out to locations to shoot, so there must be a way you can do it)

For filming - Perhaps the deliverable could be a very rough cut, or a video snapshot of some of the raw footage? Again, be specific… Don’t allow any room for misinterpretation. “I’ll send you a 5 minute rough-cut of the raw footage I’ve captured”, for example.

Post Production - I’m guessing the deliverable would be the finished product?

Hi Alex,

Firstly, getting a warning for incomplete delivery doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll lose your account or anything like that. You get 3 warnings, so as long as you don’t get any more flags you should be fine.

I do understand your dilemma. In a way, unfortunately for you, you’re trying to use Fiverr in a way that it’s not really designed for. That’s not to say you can’t do this, it’s just that it comes with risks, like being flagged for a TOS violation. It might be something to keep in mind when deciding if Fiverr is a suitable platform for your business.

It might be worth speaking with Customer Support, and seeing if you can agree on clear deliverables for each step, then explain exactly what you’ll deliver to the clients. In other words, if you buy ‘pre-production’, what you’re actually buying is a Project Plan document, compiled of the shot list, a breakdown of the filming locations, and a full breakdown of casting. The cost for this project plan would be quite high, as you’re obviously using some of the money to pay people. But so long as both you and the client are in agreement that what they’re ‘buying’ is technically a PPT/Word doc, and you deliver it, you wouldn’t be in breach of the TOS. (in my mind at least, and people do sell filming gigs here on Fiverr. Heck, some people even fly out to locations to shoot, so there must be a way you can do it)

For filming - Perhaps the deliverable could be a very rough cut, or a video snapshot of some of the raw footage? Again, be specific… Don’t allow any room for misinterpretation. “I’ll send you a 5 minute rough-cut of the raw footage I’ve captured”, for example.

Hi Cubitt, I’ve just checked and his account is no longer available.

It sounds like Alex’s account has been restricted. He can only contact clients he has an open offer with.

As this is his first warning, hopefully Fiverr restores his account to full functionality soon.

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions @cubittaudio

I received 3 warnings, not just 1 because there is no way to solve this even if I add a shot-list or a document in the pre-production stage, the algorithm will still see it as an incomplete order for some reason and then I get the warnings.

It sounds like Alex’s account has been restricted. He can only contact clients he has an open offer with.

As this is his first warning, hopefully Fiverr restores his account to full functionality soon.

It is not the first warning, it’s the 3rd…

It is not the first warning, it’s the 3rd…

You should really have contacted CS after the first warning and stopped doing whatever was causing it.

Maybe the milestones feature depends on the subcategory. It’s available for a gig in the video editing subcategory.

Like has been suggested, splitting the gig might be the best idea if the account is restored and they want to change how things are done. So the buyer would order a gig that just says “do pre-production…” and it won’t say “create a …commercial” so they won’t think there’s anything incomplete about it if you deliver what you say you deliver in the gig.

Archived