My account was flagged. Would it affect my rankings and search availability in any way?

tajammal7thco

Hello, Everyone.
I just joined because my account get flagged as the email says " Your account was flagged for feedback manipulation. Honest and unsolicited feedback is what makes our marketplace trustworthy.
Asking another user to edit or remove feedback, or specifically asking for positive feedback, is not allowed and is a violation of our Terms of Service
This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended. "

2 days ago, a newly joined buyer did rating very low accidentally and after that I requested him to change (edit the rating) I don’t know he reported me or fiverr got this.

So i want to know
What does this flag mean?
Would it affect my rankings and search availability in any way?
What should I do now to remove this flag?

I would appreciate if you could share your experience because I’m much scared now about my funds and all about my account.

I don’t think it has anything to do with it … asking for reviews is not allowed though … talking about reviews with customers is something you might want to avoid in the future. There are cases when buyers ask about how can he leave a review or…where to do it , in that case without soliciting a specific review you can politely tell him that in case he doesn’t need anything related to the order he is able to complete the current order from the order page … you don’t necessarily need to ask for a review … the best way is to deliver quality work and be nice to people.

If a buyer gives you a review by mistake… or if you’re not pleased with the review he left the best thing to do is to move on … trust me.

Hope it helps

Hello, Everyone.

I just joined because my account get flagged as the email says " Your account was flagged for feedback manipulation. Honest and unsolicited feedback is what makes our marketplace trustworthy.

Asking another user to edit or remove feedback, or specifically asking for positive feedback, is not allowed and is a violation of our Terms of Service

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr’s TOS, your account will be suspended. "

2 days ago, a newly joined buyer did rating very low accidentally and after that I requested him to change (edit the rating) I don’t know he reported me or fiverr got this.

So i want to know

What does this flag mean?

Would it affect my rankings and search availability in any way?

What should I do now to remove this flag?

I would appreciate if you could share your experience because I’m much scared now about my funds and all about my account.

I’m much scares now about my funds and all about my account.

Suggest you carefully read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page and abide by them so as not to further risk your account.

I don’t think it has anything to do with it … asking for reviews is not allowed though … talking about reviews with customers is something you might want to avoid in the future. There are cases when buyers ask about how can he leave a review or…where to do it , in that case without soliciting a specific review you can politely tell him that in case he doesn’t need anything related to the order he is able to complete the current order from the order page … you don’t necessarily need to ask for a review … the best way is to deliver quality work and be nice to people.

If a buyer gives you a review by mistake… or if you’re not pleased with the review he left the best thing to do is to move on … trust me.

Hope it helps

Thank you cre8iveartwork for the detailed explanations.

You can’t remove the flag and it won’t affect your gigs’ appearance. Just be careful not to attract another warning flag, that’s when it will affect you real bad as that means you might be simply on your way out of Fiverr. So, just move on and be more at alert.

• 1 year later...

I think it tremendously effects your gig ranking. If your gig is ranked you’ve to be more careful and serious for your buyers.
I got flagged for not responding to one of my buyer. Fiverr dropped my gig from 1st page to nowhere and then after that they warned me. Now, I’ve to wait 1 month for my gig to settle down again:(

Archived