My Available Balance Is $42 Short! Anyone Experiencing Similar?

sanusi_ajibola

Obviously there’s something wrong in the computation of my available balance in my account. Under the Revenue > Everything tab, I calculated my available balance to be $366.8 after adding all my earnings and deducting all my spending between Oct. 1,2015 to Oct. 14,2015. The available balance showing in my account as at the time of writing is $324.8.

I have notified Fiverr customer support but have not received a response. Let me know if anyone of you on the forum is experiencing or has ever experienced a similar issue and how you resolved it.

The reason you have a negative balance is because one or more of your buyers did a charge-back via PayPal and got their payments refunded. This is a long-standing problem, and there isn’t really a way to fix it. Fiverr’s policy is to issue the chargeback and then immediately ban the related account. In practice, this means that you need to be careful about the size of orders you accept from buyers whose profiles are just blank letter-faces without any Facebook/Google+ accounts linked. In those situations, break large orders into multiple small orders and don’t start the next order until a positive review is left for the previous order - it’s harder to tell PayPal that an unauthorized charge was made when you made multiple payments and left positive reviews for the payments. It sucks, but there’s nothing to do about it.

Archived