Fiverr Forum

My Available Now Prediction

I predict that everyone who uses Available Now will be banned from using it for 30 days within their first week. Why? Because I think its a great idea, but a flawed system.

Let’s say I turn on Available Now. Someone starts talking to me about their potential order. I start talking to them, we decide on something. I open another tab to configure their webhost for them.

Meanwhile, someone from an older conversation sends me a message that just says “Thanks! or Okay!”.

BOOM! You violated the terms and didn’t reply to a message that didn’t need responding to. The message wasn’t about an order, it was just simply them saying thanks. It didn’t warrant a response.

This happens two more times and YOU’RE OUT!

This is a great idea, but I think there needs to be a way to make sure that the message is actually about an order and not just conversation or them just saying thanks or no problem. I mean what am I supposed to say to something that doesn’t need a response?

Thoughts?

You could just say something very stupid, to make sure, they never write to you again. :wink: Problem solved. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just kidding :wink:
Well, I like this idea too, very much and I also believe it needs some improvement, but that’s the reason it’s in beta right? :wink: To find weaknesses and solve them. :slight_smile:

That’s an interesting observation.

Let’s hope Fiverr solves potential issues like this before finalizing it.

Your points are good. I agree.

Sometimes you just can’t answer the question in one line. It may take 3-5 minutes depends on their requirements.

If you passed 5 minutes then BOOM!!!

At the same time comes several messages to you and you again BOOM!!!

These all will come up with the Beta version though. I also think it needs more smoothness, more user-friendly.

You’re forgetting that most people can’t use available now anyway due to having orders which have never started and orders which haven’t yet been marked as complete by buyers.

With the feature implemented as it is, you are basically going to end up with less and less sellers, as well as only ever the newest sellers being able to use it.

Why would they try to test this feature when most of us have old orders that never started making it unavailable to us? Why not think this through a little more? I mean it is not really a valid test when you have these obvious flaws in it.

It’s just the way it is now, Miss C. It is the age of anti-reason across the broad these days.

Is that a prediction or an experience? Because I’ve used it twice, the first time it went automatically off because I failed to reply in 5 minutes. The next time it didn’t. You just have to turn on your notification sounds, so you hear the beep.

This feature is OK, I did get two orders out of it, but frankly, I’d rather Fiverr remain Fiverr and not become Chatter. I’m not here for conversations. Conversations are fine for the forum, not for business, not pre-order BS.

I didn’t think about that. It will encourage all those who want to chat with someone instead of ordering. I get too much of that already.

I’ve already fallen foul of the new service.

In order to use it, I had to ask Customer Service to cancel 20 unstarted orders from years back on my account. They assured me that they would not effect my cancellation rate. I believed them.

Now I’m staring at a whopping great big 88% for my cancellation rate. I’m not happy at all.

This happened to me last year and CS lied to me too at the time, about whether canceling such orders would result in a drop in my ratings.

That’s shocking.

Well, that’s just pants.

Why do they lie about it?

So if they implement this they need to not take into account old orders that never started.

I don’t think this is a good idea due to not having it thought through or implemented well.

What’s even more annoying is that I contacted them and said “Would cancelling these affect my stats?” and they asked me to send all the order numbers and said they’d take a look.

Next thing I knew, I had a message saying “Don’t worry they’ll be the good kind of cancellations” and then 20 messages telling me that CS has cancelled an order for me, without being given the choice.

It is possible that they do not count against you. I think some types of cancellations are not harmful to you.

Yet, they’re reflected in my stats…

It might be that although it’s in your stats it does not affect your sales or ranking although that doesn’t sound too realistic does it.

No, it doesn’t. I don’t see how they would be able to tell the difference, unless they have much more complicated automated algorithms than we realise. Which I doubt.

So now I’ll probably just end up with a 30 day feature ban because above, and a crap Order Cancellation stat. Yay me.

I hope you mention this to customer support, that you were told it wouldn’t affect you and it was not true. They need to be accountable when they do this. Really this is not the type of thing that should be happening.