My Best-Selling Gig Removed By Fiverr :(

Guest eleazar95

Guest eleazar95

Unfortunately we had to remove your Gig run deep competitor research via semrush due to the following reason/s: * Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use.

Like for real? WTH majority people here use ahrefs, semrush etc to perform research so why I’m the only one get this? Totally disappointed with this 😦

Hi,

I am sorry this happened to you. I hope you get more info. on this from CS. If they can’t reinstate your gig for whatever reason, I hope you can come up with another gig idea (as soon as you are done creating a new gig, you could even send a message to CS asking if they could verify that the new gig meets Fiverr’s requirements).

Good luck! 😊

Guest merciavideo

Unfortunately we had to remove your Gig run deep competitor research via semrush due to the following reason/s: * Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use.

Like for real? WTH majority people here use ahrefs, semrush etc to perform research so why I’m the only one get this? Totally disappointed with this 😦

majority people here use ahrefs, semrush etc to perform research

Perhaps they don’t mention the name of the software they’re using to do the research? Using the logo of the software as part of the gig image may also have been a problem.

Guest eleazar95

Hi,

I am sorry this happened to you. I hope you get more info. on this from CS. If they can’t reinstate your gig for whatever reason, I hope you can come up with another gig idea (as soon as you are done creating a new gig, you could even send a message to CS asking if they could verify that the new gig meets Fiverr’s requirements).

Good luck! 😊

Yeah will definitely ask CS about this soon, thanks for your support. I have many gigs to implement but such a letdown when your best-selling gig suddenly removed without any prior notice to tweak it in accordance to Fiverr T&C

Yeah will definitely ask CS about this soon, thanks for your support. I have many gigs to implement but such a letdown when your best-selling gig suddenly removed without any prior notice to tweak it in accordance to Fiverr T&C

Unfortunately, you will no get answer so fast from CS. I’m still waiting for their answer for my gig, and I can’t create another.

Guest eleazar95

majority people here use ahrefs, semrush etc to perform research

Perhaps they don’t mention the name of the software they’re using to do the research? Using the logo of the software as part of the gig image may also have been a problem.

I bet there’s ton of people doing that here but I see their gigs still active like those who do product research with Junglescout etc. Even Udemy allows their instructors use the software logo so why Fiverr? To remove without at least giving me chance to tweak it was such a letdown tbh. I even paid SEMrush annual subscription for freelancer to do this so not sure how I infringe their intellectual property. See attached pic

semrush.JPG.a09ca3a8288e5decd12f75237077f0a3.JPG

Guest merciavideo

I bet there’s ton of people doing that here but I see their gigs still active like those who do product research with Junglescout etc. Even Udemy allows their instructors use the software logo so why Fiverr? To remove without at least giving me chance to tweak it was such a letdown tbh. I even paid SEMrush annual subscription for freelancer to do this so not sure how I infringe their intellectual property. See attached pic

I even paid SEMrush annual subscription

But you’re not paying to be able to use their logo.

I buy stuff from Marks and Spencer, but it doesn’t give me the right to use their logo. 😉

Guest eleazar95

Merciavideo is correct. You can’t name the software or use any company’s logo in your gigs.

So if I offer PPC service here like google ads, facebook ads etc I can’t put their logo? Ffs Fiverr should do the same for those who include Android (Apache License), Adobe Photoshop (Proprietary Software), Instagram (Freeware) logos as these are all software-based.

Guest eleazar95

Unfortunately, you will no get answer so fast from CS. I’m still waiting for their answer for my gig, and I can’t create another.

I hope your problem will be solve asap mate. This is frustrating

Guest eleazar95

I buy stuff from Marks and Spencer, but it doesn’t give me the right to use their logo. 😉

What you have to say about those who offer Google ads service and include Google logo in their gig? Pay google so the ads appear in search engine but shouldn’t they dont have the right to use Google logo as well? See why it doesn’t make sense? I get your point but still if you look from another frame of reference then you’ll understand why I’m frustrated

So if I offer PPC service here like google ads, facebook ads etc I can’t put their logo? Ffs Fiverr should do the same for those who include Android (Apache License), Adobe Photoshop (Proprietary Software), Instagram (Freeware) logos as these are all software-based.

Fiverr should do the same for those who include Android (Apache License), Adobe Photoshop (Proprietary Software), Instagram (Freeware) logos as these are all software-based.

You can flag those gigs as IP violations…

Guest merciavideo

What you have to say about those who offer Google ads service and include Google logo in their gig? Pay google so the ads appear in search engine but shouldn’t they dont have the right to use Google logo as well? See why it doesn’t make sense? I get your point but still if you look from another frame of reference then you’ll understand why I’m frustrated

What you have to say about those who offer Google ads service and include Google logo in their gig?

Not much - it’s nothing to do with me. However if the companies who own the software/logso etc. complain to Fiverr, then I’m sure something would probably be done with them as well.

Until you get an answer from CS BTW, this is all speculation.

Guest eleazar95

Fiverr should do the same for those who include Android (Apache License), Adobe Photoshop (Proprietary Software), Instagram (Freeware) logos as these are all software-based.

You can flag those gigs as IP violations…

Yeah if those considered as IP violations I’m sure Fiverr will lose almost half freelancers from each android, photoshop etc segments

I understand why you frustrated.

Guest hrobey1

So instead of banning , Many reviews Gig , why they can not say the reason and give gig edit request . that mean they don’t care how many reviews or how old or how many recommendation that seller have , They just banned the gig and said what ever Tos Violation, i have same experience Multiple time. 😐

Guest merciavideo

So instead of banning , Many reviews Gig , why they can not say the reason and give gig edit request . that mean they don’t care how many reviews or how old or how many recommendation that seller have , They just banned the gig and said what ever Tos Violation, i have same experience Multiple time. 😐

why they can not say the reason and give gig edit request

I really don’t know.

They just banned the gig and said what ever Tos Violation, i have same experience Multiple time. 😐

Did you ask them why?

why they can not say the reason and give gig edit request

I really don’t know.

They just banned the gig and said what ever Tos Violation, i have same experience Multiple time. 😐

Did you ask them why?

It’s because they do not want to have to come back and check to see if you did it, at least that seems to me to be the logical reason among others.

Guest eleazar95

Just received feedback from Fiverr CS and they told me it was a mistake on the other end. So my gig will be reinstate in the search result within 24 hours. This is further validate with a proof of my annual subscription to semrush. Glad it was settled now, but not sure if I still hold the top spot for competitor research in Fiverr. Anyway, I would like to thanks James from FIverr CS Team for addressing this issue quickly and display professional attitude during such difficult period. And I would like to apologize to everyone as well because I was so frustrated last night, this gig really mean a lot to me.

• eleazar95

Hint to Fiverr, as a minimum add the following with all copyright violation notices:

• the name of the party who is claiming copyright violation,
  • the contact information of this third party

I doubt these will ever happen, since Fiverr has a strong “no sharing of personal information” policy. The likely reason why they don’t announce these things is because they don’t want sellers who received copyright warnings to go harassing those who flagged their gig for copyright violations. And to be honest, I agree with them. Seller vendettas over copyright flags would be bad press for Fiverr, and a breach of their TOS.

They aren’t currently receiving bad press over it, because they don’t allow sellers to dispute IP violations.

Seller vendettas over copyright flags would be bad press for Fiverr, and a breach of their TOS.

~~

Today I learned that:

• filing a false copyright claim against someone is not harassment,
  • responding to a false copyright claim is harassment.
  • reporting a false copyright violation is not a violation of TOS,
  • disputing a false copyright violation is a violation of the TOS.
  • allowing sellers to dispute false copyright violations provides Fiverr with bad press.

I think this is a bit harsh. Maybe they have over-zealous bots and it’s hard to fight back when you accidentally get hit, but the way they run it is what works for them. I imagine 9 times out of 10 it actually is an IP violation and it’s much easier for them just to say no disputes.

And, as Jon pointed out, Fiverr is big about the privacy. I’m sorry you’ve been falsely targeted and if I were in the same situation, I’d probably want that info too, but I don’t they’ll be giving it to you. Very kindly ask CS if someone can manually review the gig, and if all goes well they’ll see it’s a mistake and reinstate it.

As a random aside, I also just learned that 3 or more tildes = formatting hell. :thinking:

What you have to say about those who offer Google ads service and include Google logo in their gig?

Regarding the use of Google Logo:

https://www.google.com/permissions/faq/

Regarding the use of Adobe Software Logo(s)

https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html

Fiverr is seriously reviewing the gigs again according to their new updates to the Policy. I have even learnt from the CS last month that you can’t even put Fiverr logo too. I think, its because neither the seller and nor the buyer belongs to Fiverr. More on that what I have learnt is, you should only advertise that what you actually sells and is your own original content. Another eg; if a seller is stating a 24 hour delivery in the gig title but is not offering in the package(s), the gig is termed as containing a “misleading information”. Those gigs will be taken down too. So, sellers its high time, update your gigs accordingly.

Good Luck!!

Are you talking about the "Google Partner badge? Badges are a different story. They’re supposed to be shared.

Archived