Fiverr Forum

My Best Tip Ever

I was 16 years old when I received my first tip. I was working at a fast food restaurant in Barcelona and a client from the United States gave me $1. I got shocked because at that time I thought tips only existed in movies and dreams.

Eleven years later, yesterday, I proofread a client’s book here on Fiverr and he gave me $37 more after delivery. My best tip ever.

Fiction is great. But when you get good reward from your hard and honest work, there’s nothing better than reality.

That’s nice, dear. But what if you had been working in the US and you relied upon tips as a server (etc) to make a living wage, instead of Europe where your employers had to pay you one and tips were a bonus?

I live in Greece and I loved my tips–I had a €200/month wage and tips made more than 50%. It was illegal, but so was I. The big question here, though, if we’re gonna do US tips is were they both 20%?

Hmm?

That’s right, it might be unfair to compare different situations. I just felt happy and wanted to encourage everyone to do their best.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Manuel

A nice answer :slight_smile: A good weekend to you too!

Congratulations on getting a nice tip!

Thank you misscrystal :slight_smile: Cheers!