My biggest tip for any seller

barrelofmonkeys

I know people who do a job for money. And money is a great thing to have! But if you really want to really excel, you need to find a job you love. Something that you wake up in the morning and are excited about! Like in my voice acting, when I’m able to get really into character, you can feel the joy in the words and the heaviness in the sadness. So love your job. Even if it’s only $5, make it feel like it’s priceless. When you love doing it, that’s the easiest thing in the world to do.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2019 at 11:56 AM, barrelofmonkeys said:

Even if it’s only $5, make it feel like it’s priceless. When you love doing it, that’s the easiest thing in the world to do.

But if a seller isn’t earning enough profit it might be better creating a different service instead, even if someone is great at that original service. Surely it’s best to create the most profitable service (given the same amount of time) that someone is good at, that someone also likes doing. 

On 9/27/2019 at 6:35 AM, uk1000 said:

But if a seller isn’t earning enough profit it might be better creating a different service instead, even if someone is great at that original service. Surely it’s best to create the most profitable service (given the same amount of time) that someone is good at, that someone also likes doing. 

This is definitely true. Voice acting alone would not pay the bills for me (as great as that would be). It’s something that, if it needs to be a hobby or a ‘side hustle’ until you can make it bigger, then sometimes that’s what you have to do. 

• 3 months later...

I quite agree with you on this. Loving what we do goes a long way in impacting our outputs and clients’ satisfaction. In my case, I love playing with coming up with name for anything you can think of and that was what led me to assembling like minds to offer naming services as a gig.

Many a people have amassed wealth from frustrating work and they live in frustration.

Where are you getting your information from? As far as I know, no-one who amasses wealth is frustrated by it. If you have wealth, you can go ahead and do what you love doing without the need to be paid for it.

Really? How do you mean? I think that unlimited revision always help you to satisfy your client.

You will be taken advantage of. There have been sellers who do a $5 gig for a client, and that client asks for hundreds of revisions, with their work on that single $5 order lasting months, and months, because you gave the client unlimited revisions. If 10, or even 20 revisions aren’t enough for the client to be happy, the client is not worth working with. There is no reason to ever give hundreds of revisions on a $5 order. That’s hundreds of hours of work, for just $5 (AND fiverr takes a cut of this). It’s absurd. You can offer a LOT of revisions, but if you offer unlimited, you will get burned.

Okay. I just delivered the 20th revision. Buyer requested to change 20 things in 20 revision. How Exciting!!!
Made the whole website twice while constantly changing the contents , their arrangements and functionalities also.

Look at these threads

You will be taken advantage of. There have been sellers who do a $5 gig for a client, and that client asks for hundreds of revisions, with their work on that single $5 order lasting months, and months, because you gave the client unlimited revisions. If 10, or even 20 revisions aren’t enough for the client to be happy, the client is not worth working with. There is no reason to ever give hundreds of revisions on a $5 order. That’s hundreds of hours of work, for just $5 (AND fiverr takes a cut of this). It’s absurd. You can offer a LOT of revisions, but if you offer unlimited, you will get burned.

Okay. I just delivered the 20th revision. Buyer requested to change 20 things in 20 revision. How Exciting!!!
Made the whole website twice while constantly changing the contents , their arrangements and functionalities also.

Look at these threads

I do have unlimited revisions but will take your advice and provide a limit. Thank you.

Archived