Fiverr Forum

My buyer press "THUMBS DOWN"

hi guys, my buyer press “thumbs down” if I cancel that order “thumbs down” will disappear?

we wanna have 100%

Hi, first_step if you send request for manual cancelations and buyer accept your negative feedback will gone.

In my gigs 70% from my negative feedback come from buyers who request free changes and i not want to provide it. If i accept free changes then i will need to spend around 6 hours from my day work just to work for free. I think that fiverr must protect sellers from buyers who try with negative feedback send request for free changes or not follow gig rules.

Hi, first_step if you send request for manual cancelations and buyer accept your negative feedback will gone.

In my gigs 70% from my negative feedback come from buyers who request free changes and i not want to provide it. If i accept free changes then i will need to spend around 6 hours from my day work just to work for free. I think that fiverr must protect sellers from buyers who try with negative feedback send request for free changes or not follow gig rules.

I had a buyer who asked me for an article and gave me very little info. The buyer then gave me a thumbs down. I offered to fix it/redo it, but he said that he hired someone else (within the 24 hours that it took to message him and get a response). We’re not talking about me not delivering. We’re not talking about the buyer requesting modifications. Some people are just like that. I don’t think that it has affected my orders much, if at all. Most of my customers are repeat customers. My rating is over 99%. If all the rest of your ratings are good, then don’t worry about it.

Reply to @kjblynx: we politely call with clients, he said nothing just made a “Thumbs down”, all who wanted modifications we did! after canceling orders can delete this review?

Ask the client how you can make things better for them. If you can do the modification, then ask them to change the feedback.

Canceling after delivery does not automatically remove negative feedback. Your goal should be 100% because your client rate you that way, NOT 100% because you deleted feedback.

Reply to @cheezees: I cant remove negative, I wanna just cancel that order

no order no feedback! what do you think?)

Reply to @cheezees: my client disappeared, and I can’t contact with him

What you are doing right now is telling everyone “NEVER to order a gig from you”. You’re clearly a scammer.

A buyer is allowed to post a negative review to WARN PEOPLE LIKE ME NOT TO BUY YOUR GIG.

first_step said: I wanna just cancel that order
no order no feedback!

That is NOT the way to do things. You should maybe try doing a good job or working things out with the buyer.

What this post says is that anyone who wants to buy your gig better not. Because if they don't like your work, or you don't deliver you'll try and get their feedback removed.

Shame on you. It's sellers like you that are destroying Fiverr.

Reply to @merileep: shame on you blame me?

we did a very good graphic!

we cancel the order if it is not fraud, we give back his money,

fraud would be if we took the money from the client and did not give him the result,

in this case, we did everything very well! everyone is happy from us

and that the buyer did not even say he has sent a very bad picture if he told us we would have to modify the graphic would have gladly done

very nice and not offend people who do not know and do not know what the situation

Reply to @first_step: If you already tried contact with buyer and offered changes but they didn’t reply, you can tell all this to customer support, show the work, prove that you did what you are offering in the gig, and you are willing to offer modification, just no response from buyer, then customer support might help you remove the feedback, as it’s not fair when you are trying to make it right but there’s no response.

Reply to @hironan: my friend we gladly want to make a pleasant our client, but the client is deleted or removed access we can not contact him, if he would just wrote us that he wants to change something, we’d love to do it, he just made "thumbs down "and disappeared

We have already contacted Customer Support, but no answer yet

Reply to @merileep: You are being too harsh!

Since when does sellers trying to keep their 100% positive rating make them a scammer? You clearly have a very different definition of words. All I’ve seen when people complain about scammers, is when their money got ripped off, not when sellers try to give their money back.

Scammers on fiverr are people who sell fake gigs, or not even deliver any work but keep the buyer’s money, they don’t care about ratings, as they are the scammers! They will just take your money and run away, start some fake gigs again with a new account.

This seller is clearly genuine, you didn’t even have a look at his gig, the gig he got the negative review has all very positive feedbacks from happy buyers apart from the only “awkward” buyer. Also, as an illustrator myself, I think his simpson drawings are good quality!

Reply to @hironan: thank you my friend)

@hironan:

It’s because he’s trying to have a negative review removed so he can keep a perfect rating.

I agree with @merileep 100%. You don’t do that. It’s not a good practice. And it is kind of scammy.

Especially when you read the entire post and understand what’s “Actually” is going on.

Buyers can leave a negative review for a reason. And the reason is not to be able to have it removed. If they could have it removed what would the point be?

@hironan: You say he has lots of good reviews… How do you know that’s not because he cancels gigs all the time and get’s the bad reviews removed?

When I read stuff like:

first_step said: we gladly want to make a pleasant our client, but the client is deleted or removed access we can not contact him
then I think something is up that's not being said here.

Why? Because that means Fiverr has blocked communication between the two people. And they do that when things are not right. Or when the seller is harrassing the buyer.

We (Fiverr Members) can not block people. Only Fiverr can block sending messages. And they do do that when somebody is harrassing the other. And they block the person who is in the wrong. So, by his own admission @first_step was harrassing the buyer about the feedback and FIVERR, not the buyer, but Fiverr disabled sending messages to that person.

That pretty much says it all.

The point is that being able to leave a thumbs down to warn other potential buyers is the right of anyone who buys a gig. If they are not happy with the service or product they have the right to leave a thumbs down.

I bet @first_step doesn't bother people who leave a "Thumbs Up" to remove it.

And the disabling of @first_step ability to contact the buyer is proof in itself that something is not right with what he's saying.

That's all I got to say about that. Good luck.

Reply to @bigbadbilly:

"Why? Because that means Fiverr has blocked communication between the two people. And they do that when things are not right. Or when the seller is harrassing the buyer."

When buyer give a negative review to seller, customer support always say “go contact with buyer”, first_step said he did the modifications for the buyer, that shows he’s trying to make it right! then buyer’s disappeared. I don’t think seller can do much when buyer’s not responding. You are only guessing that first_step was harassing the buyer! There’s not even a reply from fiverr yet, how come there’s already a decision?

Actually, when a buyer’s not be able to contact, may as well because they have some problem!! I’ve had some buyers made order with me, no contact before the order, no instruction in the order. But when I click on their name, it shows they can’t be contact directly. I say because they did something wrong got block by fiverr.

"You say he has lots of good reviews… How do you know that’s not because he cancels gigs all the time and get’s the bad reviews removed? "

You’ve been on fiverr 2 years, you should know how fiverr works. If he’s been cancelling orders all the time to get his reviews all positive, then his cancellation rate must be shown on his gig right now, and it must be very high! as he only have around 70 reviews in total.

@hironan.

Yes. I’ve been on Fiverr for over 2 years and I DO know how things work.

If it’s a mutual cancellation/refund it doesn’t really change your cancellation ratio. It levies a little but not much. Forced cancels really raise it. Mutual ones not so much.

And he’s got around 200 total sales including cancellations. So if you’re seeing 70 than there’s a 130 gig difference in total sales. Ya. Some people don’t rate your gig. But not that many. The rest are cancels. And that’s a lot of cancels.

How do I know the total sales, including canceled sales? By looking at the world map.

It shows every sale ever made, even if it’s been cancelled.

Have a look yourself. That’s what the World Map is for. Just mouse over a Country and it shows the total sales in that Country. Even if they were cancelled.

So it seems that @first_step has a LOT of cancelled gigs. Even if half the people didn’t cancel, and simply never left feedback… that’s still like 70 gigs unaccounted for. So the true number is probably around 90 cancelled gigs out of 200. Guessing that 40 gigs didn’t leave feedback. That’s almost half the total gigs sold were cancelled. Again, don’t take my word for it. Look at the world map.

And yes. Fiverr support does always say to work it out with the other person. Unless the two people “Can’t” work it out and one person begins to harass the other. Example being: SELLER: Cancel my gig so I can refund you. BUYER: No. I don’t want to cancel. I want other people to see that I wasn’t happy with your service. SELLER: Just cancel. BUYER: I don’t want to cancel You delivered the gig and I wasn’t happy. SELLER: I don’t care. Cancel.

And on and on and on.

When this happens then Fiverr usually disables the sellers ability to message the buyer again. Because it’s harassment.

Either way. I don’t really care. Hopefully they work it out.

All I’m saying is that what a person posts when they complain about something is usually not the entire story. And when a person posts something like: How do I remove a negative thumbs. It does not look good for any of the few buyers that surf the forums.

If you’re a buyer and think that if you’re not happy, you can’t leave a thumbs down… then why would you buy at all?

I’ve never left a negative thumb for anyone. But if I wanted to, and wasn’t happy… it’s my right to.

Reply to @bigbadbilly: this is my first "thumbs down"

you do not understand what’s going on and talk too much

we are very culturally speaking with clients, do not talk to customers rude!! NEVER!!!

buyer can remove feedback!

we just canceled this order!

So… You’re saying that out of 200 orders you’ve had 130 of them just never left feedback? Stop it. That’s completely unbelievable.

Again. Good luck sorting it out. All the best. :slight_smile:

Reply to @bigbadbilly:

screen!

and be quiet unless you know